Big long thunking time

Wouldn't be the same without ya, you being irritatingly right is giving me a welcome distraction from discovering the world and eating it! :D;)

My relapse prevention techniques worked then!!!!!!....:8855::8855::8855:

My relapse prevention techniques worked then!!!!!!....:8855::8855::8855:

Definately, I am far too busy sulking to be thinking about food ;). My lips firmly stuck out further than my nose and if I listen very carefully I can just about hear my mother saying "if the wind changes you'll stay like that"

xxxx

What about.... Working out how much running/cycling/whatever you would have had to do.. to eat like.. 3 chocolates.. and then it cancels it out..!! or.. make your hubby take a bite first.. then its second hand food and therefore has no calories.. hehe..
x x x

What about.... Working out how much running/cycling/whatever you would have had to do.. to eat like.. 3 chocolates.. and then it cancels it out..!! or.. make your hubby take a bite first.. then its second hand food and therefore has no calories.. hehe..
x x x

Hey hun, not liking first suggestion, second one shows great insight for one so young!
x

Definately, I am far too busy sulking to be thinking about food ;). My lips firmly stuck out further than my nose and if I listen very carefully I can just about hear my mother saying "if the wind changes you'll stay like that"

xxxx

PMSL....:8855::8855::8855::8855:

x x x

:8855::8855::8855:

KD? Have you disappeared into a glass of vino;):D.....:party0036:

Ahh, it's good to have a rant and a sulk sometimes. I feel much better for this as it's given me a chance to let off steam and really think about what I want instead of coming up with the same cliches.

At the moment, I feel like I'm on a diet. In fact, i often feel this way.

I don't want to give my presents away any more than i wanted to throw a half full plate of food away because I feel 'satisfied'.

I can do it, but I don't want to. I will, but it takes effort.

I think the difference now (compared to when i was dieting) is that I feel I have a lot more to lose if I eat inappropriately. Before, it was something i did when I went off plan. It was me.

I'm trying to live a different life now. One that makes good sensible choices. There isn't room for going back to the former me. I can't let it happen, even for an evening.

okay...I can eat a little more than i should, and make up for it, but not as much as I would like.

I want to feel stuffed. I never feel stuffed any more. I eat until i feel neutral. I miss feeling stuffed :(

This is where it's all so hard to imagine. I feel at the moment that maintenance is a life long diet. one that I must never cheat at.

Not only that, but I must give the impression that it's easy...it's effortless...because that's what people want to hear. But it's not effortless. It's something I can live with, but when i'm tired of it, it's a real struggle to stay focused....especially during this month when there is so much food and talk of food....and knowing that if I was a dieter, I probably wouldn't think twice about coming off plan and eating way too much.

But this I can't do....or should I say, I wont do, because I value my prize too much.

Still tough at times though.

KD? Have you disappeared into a glass of vino;):D.....:party0036:

LOL...was just deep in thought, as you can see by the above message :D

Sorry...will get back to my one sentence answers :D

Ahh, it's good to have a rant and a sulk sometimes. I feel much better for this as it's given me a chance to let off steam and really think about what I want instead of coming up with the same cliches.

I don't want to give my presents away any more than i wanted to throw a half full plate of food away because I feel 'satisfied'.

I think the difference now (compared to when i was dieting) is that I feel I have a lot more to lose if I eat inappropriately. Before, it was something i did when I went off plan. It was me.

I'm trying to live a different life now. One that makes good sensible choices. There isn't room for going back to the former me. I can't let it happen, even for an evening.

okay...I can eat a little more than i should, and make up for it, but not as much as I would like.

I want to feel stuffed. I never feel stuffed any more. I eat until i feel neutral. I miss feeling stuffed :(

This is where it's all so hard to imagine. I feel at the moment that maintenance is a life long diet. one that I must never cheat at.

Not only that, but I must give the impression that it's easy...it's effortless...because that's what people want to hear. But it's not effortless. It's something I can live with, but when i'm tired of it, it's a real struggle to stay focused....especially during this month when there is so much food and talk of food....and knowing that if I was a dieter, I probably wouldn't think twice about coming off plan and eating way too much.

But this I can't do....or should I say, I wont do, because I value my prize too much.

Nail on the head KD, small comfort but you aren't alone xx

This brought a tear to my eye, struck a real chord x

I for one am glad that you are saying it is not easy and not saying what people want to hear! Why shouldn't you reflect on how much harder it is at this time of year and have a bluddy good moan on here? Of course you should.

You summed it up when you said that you value your prize too much. That says it all really:D.

You've done your mental decisional balance sheet again tonight and decided that there are more benefits to not eating and drinking your pressies than there are to just thinking ballcocks and having them all!

Huge credit to you KD..xx :)

I for one am glad that you are saying it is not easy and not saying what people want to hear! Why shouldn't you reflect on how much harder it is at this time of year and have a bluddy good moan on here? Of course you should.

Oh good. I'll continue then :D

The other day, someone asked me how I maintained. I gave the old cliche answers. Eat good food, exercise more, everything in moderation blah blah. You know...the things people expect to here from a maintainer.

She told me I was lucky :confused: Lucky that I had lost the weight. Lucky that I could maintain. Why?

Looking back, I can't see any elements of luck involved. I can look back and see frustrations, fights with myself, falling off and picking myself up etc. I can also look back and be almost proud of myself...but i will not say (as I used to always say), that i am lucky to have done it...and lucky that I can maintain.

Does that sound bad?:eek:

OMG, getting to deep here. Prefered it when I was just ranting :D

Oh good. I'll continue then :D

The other day, someone asked me how I maintained. I gave the old cliche answers. Eat good food, exercise more, everything in moderation blah blah. You know...the things people expect to here from a maintainer.

She told me I was lucky :confused: Lucky that I had lost the weight. Lucky that I could maintain. Why?

Looking back, I can't see any elements of luck involved. I can look back and see frustrations, fights with myself, falling off and picking myself up etc. I can also look back and be almost proud of myself...but i will not say (as I used to always say), that i am lucky to have done it...and lucky that I can maintain.

Does that sound bad?:eek:

Why ON EARTH would that sound bad??? It makes total sense to me and you know I would say that it doesnt if I felt that!

I believe personally that the word "luck" is easily used in so many situations but half the time it's the last ruddy word you would use if you really thought about it.:rolleyes:

What HAS luck got to do with you losing weight and maintaining? Nothing from where I'm sitting and I bet there's a few other people along shortly to say the same (if they haven't done already as I am typing this:))

Deep is good sometimes and necessary to defuzz the head a bit IMO. Rant is good too and can do the same job. Both together makes total sense...;)x

Thankyou my Angel Lacey and everyone else who helped us rant on here :D

All toys now firmly thrown out of cot. 2 chocs missing from box :cool: and a bottle of wine still 2/3rd full :clap:

Until tomorrow evening...then once more into the fray and all that, but for now, the chaos gods are quietening :)

Deep is good sometimes and necessary to defuzz the head a bit IMO. Rant is good too and can do the same job. Both together makes total sense...;)x

So glad you agree :cool: :D

So far from students, I have received

15 boxes of chocolates (because as one parent put it, I don't have a weight problem anymore :rolleyes:)

1 chocolate orange

13 bottles of wine.

Very nice of them, but oh heck :(

And if Mike comes along and asks me what benefit i will get from eating the above, i might possibly pour one of the bottles of wine over his head...then I'll be down to 12 bottles :clap: :D

It's benefitting me to moan about it at the mo. Anyone have a problem with that????

;)

Hey, I'd gladly help a fellow mini'er by taking all that wine off your hands. Its the least I can do.

Hey, I'd gladly help a fellow mini'er by taking all that wine off your hands. Its the least I can do.

Awww, people are so kind :D But don't worry. Reckon I can drink it all without a problem. Thanks for the offer anyway :D

Hi ladies, this sounds awlful, but its nice to know that it isnt easy, I eat last week, chocolate kept going cos I wanted that stuffed feeling, but didnt get it and just spent this week feeling gulity and annoyed that Iam not going to make it to goal for christmas day, or was that my plan, this is possible because I fear maintenance so much Iam stabotaging myself yet again, simple answer, YES.
So I told my fella to hide the chocolate so I couldnt have it, but that it would still be there for christmas, so he eat it all, Iam so angry with him, again because he has ruined my plan to be on cd forever,lol.
Blah blah blah, basically, thanks for this thread, hope things improve.

Back