Big long thunking time

Right...signing off this thread now as it's going to start depressing me, like my threads seem to do :eek:

Thankyou Georgie for your support this hols. You're a star :) Been doing a lot of thinking about our pms tonight too. perhaps I'm closer to that point of letting go than I thought yesterday :cool: or maybe :eek:

Have thrown the chocolates in the bin!

Yes, that's what I've just done. Usually have a dish on the table in the hall with chocs or sweets depending on the season - why/- TORTURE maybe.
Anyway I've noticed them gradually disappearing and it's only ME who's been taking 1 a day over Christmas as a treat!!!
So, this morning I chucked the rest in the bin (never thought of it before -doh) and removed the dish.
It wasn't easy.

Anyway I've noticed them gradually disappearing and it's only ME who's been taking 1 a day over Christmas as a treat!!!
So, this morning I chucked the rest in the bin (never thought of it before -doh) and removed the dish.
It wasn't easy.

Bet it wasn't. At least when you've finished your diet (well done BTW!) you'll never have to do that again.

Was thinking about the binging thing this evening. Wonder how it happened.

It's not as if I set myself a challenge not to binge for a year...I just didn't.

Two possible thoughts spring to mind. Firstly, precisely because you didn't set yourself a challenge not to binge, you allowed yourself to binge if you chose to, that in itself makes it easier not to because it's still your choice? Nothing makes us rebel more than telling ourselves we shouldn't!

Second, because a bit like me I think, you can be very stubborn and refuse to give in, have a desire to prove something is possible?

Right...signing off this thread now as it's going to start depressing me, like my threads seem to do :eek:

Thankyou Georgie for your support this hols. You're a star :) Been doing a lot of thinking about our pms tonight too. perhaps I'm closer to that point of letting go than I thought yesterday :cool: or maybe :eek:

No need to thank, I have got an awful lot out of our conversations and it is great to bounce ideas around. Even if we aren't getting too much closer to a solution it is at least is a fascinating ride to nowhere! :eek::D

x

Well, managed the whole of 2008 without a binge!!

OMG...how fantastic do I feel doing that :cool:

Yes, there have been a few times when I've eaten a little more than I should, but that's normal...but no binges!

I still have 12 boxes of chocolates left too. We all picked at one of the boxes over Christmas.

As for these 12 boxes. Some might get given away, but for the right reasons. I didn't want to give them away because I was afraid of them, because they were the enemy.

I have no need to fight them. It's not a battle. This is the way of life I have chosen.

So whether I eat them all, give them away, share them with the family, makes no odds. It's just food after all, and I trust myself enough now to make the best choice for me :)

:party0048::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thankyou Lacey :thankyou:

Hey...you're more than welcome. No binge for 12 months....deserves a medal as big as a dustbin lid!!!! ;):D:D:D

Hey...you're more than welcome. No binge for 12 months....deserves a medal as big as a dustbin lid!!!! ;):D:D:D

Will wear it with pride :D Will also mean that I don't have to dress up to go out as will be perfectly disguised as a dustbin lid :D

God, You guys are an inspiration!! I got to target in July and maintained until december - I managed to put 10lbs on over christmas, I'm gutted but deserved it for my gluttony. Next year I will say NO THANKS!!

God, You guys are an inspiration!! I got to target in July and maintained until december - I managed to put 10lbs on over christmas, I'm gutted but deserved it for my gluttony. Next year I will say NO THANKS!!

Had a good Christmas then :D

Glad to hear (in another message) that you are dealing with it before it becomes a big problem :clap:

Well done for maintaining up to Christmas anyway! Christmas can be tough....but you get one every year for extra practice :D

Back