Bingeing... Why?!!?

Hi everyone how are you all doing
Hope you are all ok
Im doing ok enjoying some quality time with my hubby
Have been out for a lovely day today am
Nd all i can think about is ill have the house to myself the nite and i can get rid of everything ive had today but im going to try really hard not too
I am going to do an extra zumba class to try and get rid of the urge to purge
Their are a few new faces on here so welcome to everyone and look forward to chatting later lesley x

largelesley said:
Hi everyone how are you all doing
Hope you are all ok
Im doing ok enjoying some quality time with my hubby
Have been out for a lovely day today am
Nd all i can think about is ill have the house to myself the nite and i can get rid of everything ive had today but im going to try really hard not too
I am going to do an extra zumba class to try and get rid of the urge to purge
Their are a few new faces on here so welcome to everyone and look forward to chatting later lesley x

:( so sad. I know exactly how u feel

Lesley, hang on in there. Find something, anything to do.

It's wierd how our problems are so different yet so similar. Some desperate to purge, others desperate to gorge but the same mental battle not to do it. I binged last night and I have promised myself 2 squares of lindt or a bit of porridge as an incentive if I don't hit the school bars.

I was just getting used to that lovely hungry feeling (don't feel it very often!) and then I go and fill up my stomach with junk. Self sabotage!

I'm wishing the hours away to bed time but of course I have my son here and I can't shoo him off as well! Don't really want to wish my life away but the evenings are soooo hard!

Pomooky XX

Hi pomooky i was fine i had a nice lite tea to make up for my afternoon of munching and i went to zumba i really enjoy that
I go with my bestest pal in the world and we have signed up to do a 10k walk in june for strathcarron hospice im feeling confident and good about myself hope it lasts
I know what you mean about evenings but to be honest it can be any time for me
But comeing on here helps passes the time
Take care

Micci and mandy aline how are you all doing
Anyone ive left out apoligies xx

Hi everyone,

oh gosh it is hard doing individual answers now. So I too apologise in advance for missing anyone out.

TJ, OK, you don't have to stay nose to grindstone all the time .. well done on your work so far.

Pomooky, sorry to hear about your poor tooth. When do you see the dentist again? Do you expect it to be salvageable? I hate losing teeth, vain thing that I am. I'm wondering about the advantages of out of the house interesting/fun activities like Lesley is doing? I know its not easy when you're a single mum but it can be really good to be in stimulating company where you can't eat. Plus if its a physical activity it does help with the metababolism and more good stuff generally. I do remember though you said somewhere you're not a lover of exercise.

Aline - how long to the ball when you need your lovely dress to fit you? I'm sure you can do it. Hang that dress in a very visible place in the kitchen, where you'll have to move it to get to the food and drink loads of water, you know the things to do.

Lesley, enjoy your zumba, I'm glad you're feeling good, the walk sounds a good challenge, do you do much walking at the moment?

Mandy, how did it go today and evening?

I'm still staying focused, had a difficult evening with my son and then picked up a freecycle gift from an area I used to live in about 30 years ago which felt a little strange. Still feel Ok in myself though and will go to bed soon. I'm having some good times with my daughter which feels nice too.

Pomooky125 said:
Lesley, hang on in there. Find something, anything to do.

It's wierd how our problems are so different yet so similar. Some desperate to purge, others desperate to gorge but the same mental battle not to do it. I binged last night and I have promised myself 2 squares of lindt or a bit of porridge as an incentive if I don't hit the school bars.

I was just getting used to that lovely hungry feeling (don't feel it very often!) and then I go and fill up my stomach with junk. Self sabotage!

I'm wishing the hours away to bed time but of course I have my son here and I can't shoo him off as well! Don't really want to wish my life away but the evenings are soooo hard!

Pomooky XX

I agree, evenings are the worst !!!! By far!!!

Pomooky,

I agree, evenings are very challanging. We arrive home tired from work and some days the confort eating attack. That happens myself mostly on Fridays, I arrive home tired of the entire week and eat large take away meals... It's ok when it happens only once a week, but during stress times it tends to happen a bit more.
We'll face it;)

Lesley,
Enjoy the time with your husband the most you can:) How long will he stay home this time? If I recall corretcly his job doens't allow him to be at home very often.
I'm also glad to know that you didn't purge, you're on the right track hun. If you feel the urge to purge just come here and "purge" the words. Let the wprds speak for your feelings not the food;)

I'm doing better today, thank you for asking lesley.
Sometimes the all or nothing thinking (e.g. when I tried the dress for saturday ball), but I'm trying to be mindfull. It's an internal battle sometimes but it's worth it :)

Micci,
The ball is on saturday and I decided I won't put myself under more pressure. I'll try to eat healthy food and sensible calories (1500), so that I'll mantain at least. For me eating sensible and healthy is a challange by itself.

It's nice to know you're having a good time with your daughter :)

Hi guys how good are we all doing ?
My hubby is home till the 15th of may he is usually 4 and 4 but this time it was setting up a new job so he was away for 9
He will be away for four then only home ten days but after that it will go to 4 and 4

Pomooky i always struggle at weekends its like my brain is saying i deserve a reward its the weekend
And in my brain its always food or alcohol

Micci im sorry you had a difficult time with your son but glad that your enjoying time with your daughter
Im not a great exerciser but i do like my zumba esp when my hubby away it gives me something to do at nite rather than eat lol

Aline im sure you will have a fab time and its good that you dont put pressuse on yourself
You will look gorgeus i know it x

Mandy hope you are still going strong you are doing so well
X

Take care everyone heres to a good day xxxxxx

Hi everyone

Lesley - Well you probably saw my other post and know that I'm thinking of you and I'm glad to hear you didnt purge. I too have decided that alcohol will have to go for now. After one or two glasses I completely change my mind set, couldn't care less about what I eat and it starts off a binge. Also, I cannot drink wine without something to eat!

The danger is also that I am on my tod and it is very easy to drink half a bottle of plonk before you know it! Suffice to say it is not on my shopping list this week! (I am drinking diet shandy!)

Aline, good to hear from you and that you're not being too strict with yourself. I daren't count my calories; I am sure they must be over 1500. Of course when I binge (and I worked this out) it is about 5000! No wonder I put on a stone!

Mandy, I hope you are ok and looking after yourself. The weekend is nearly here which is great but the lack of structure throws me off track sometimes.

Krupskaya - how's Beck? I still may buy the book but can't see myself doing arc cards. If I want to stuff my face, I will probably eat them! :D

Take care everyone - sorry if I missed someone - Pomooky XX

Lesley, which wagon? Whichever one it is, you can climb right back on it tomorrow. You didn't just expect to kick it did you? You are allowed to make mistakes - no-one is perfect. You will have blips but they will get less and less, once you see how good you feel on the blip-free days. Don't give up Lesley, I'm thinking of you

Pomooky XX

I have fell of the wagon x

Like Pomooky said, blips happen. It doesn't mean you've failed, it just means you've not achieved the perfection you wanted today.

So be as kind and understanding towards yourself as you would be to anyone else having difficulties.

Have a hug and sleep well

Lesley,
Thank you for your kind words. About you slip don't forget this is a jouney and every journey has rocks during the way that challange our walk. How are you feeling now? I hope you're feeling better and come here and chat whatever you need.

Pomooky,
Well done for risking the alcohol from your food shop list:)
When I have major binges I reach the 5000 calories too, very depressing to think that I'm able to eat 3 days worth of food in a single day. Fortunatelly, those bigger binges happen only twice a month.

_________

Today I ate biscuits after dinner and I wasn't hungry, I ate a lot more than needed. It is so frustrating when we have a great food day and then we finish the day with a paradoxal conforting and depressing behaviour.
Well I need to work my willpower during the evenings/nights. I just arrive home very tired and than I don't make the effort to memindfull but I have too.

Hope you all have a good Friday

xx

Krupskaya - how's Beck? I still may buy the book but can't see myself doing arc cards. If I want to stuff my face, I will probably eat them! :D

Hi Pomooky lmao! Still reading Beck, I'm halfway through now. Still haven't done the cards though. I'm obviously quite resistant to doing them which is meaningful in itself! Still getting a lot out of reading the book though. It's in the Works' sale at the mo, so it's a good buy - just £1.99. I paid £6.99 on Amazon.

Lesley - time to be kind to yourself I think. Please don't beat yourself up about falling off the wagon. It's a lapse, not a relapse. As it says on someone's signature here, you only fail when you give up trying, so keep on keeping on. Good luck, Kxxx

Hey, where is everyone? I hope the cold thread means that everyone is ok or maybe just don't feel like "talking" right now.

Mandy - I worry about you more as you are so far away, I think!

Well, I am ok, no binges for 4 days but no weightloss either. I think my body is in save the fat mode because of the sudden calorie drop.

Weather has perked up this afternoon so I'm feeling better too. I hate grey cloudy weather, it gives me the hibernating, comfort eating urge.

Hope to hear from you all soon. Take care

Pomooky XX

Hiya Pomooky,

I was wondering the same thing and came here to post the same question as you.

That's really good about your last four days. Well done. Has anything been different, or have you been doing anything differently to make this happen? Poo to the no weight loss though.

I've been quite focused lately too, lost all my latest gain but got too comfortable yesterday. I find it hard to believe I ate 2 pounds worth of fat creating foods but have been more disciplined today and will be for the next few days and avoid the scales as I know obsessively weighing myself isn't a good habit.

I love the sunshine too but was out today looking at all the skinny stylish people in their light weight clothes and had a severe desire to be able to have that sort of image ... cool, young, slender. Well, there is sod all I can do about being young :) And I suspect my children would laugh non stop if they thought I even had a desire to be or thought I had ever been 'cool' :)

So, how is everyone? Lesley, Mandy, Krupskaya, TJ, Aline?

Pomooky,
Well done avoiding the binges ;) I did well the last few days until today... I was experimenting with bruschettas and I ended up eating too much bread, a bit stuffed now, but I'll be sensible at the next meal!
It's curious te hear about the weather thing because I can relate. Sunny days are better for my mood, they make me smile (and I eat well and sensible when I'm happier).

And don't worry about the weight for now, your body needs some time to realise you won't put stress on it again. You'll start losing again soon;)

Micci,
How often do you weight yourself? I also believe it isn't good to weight everyday or very often, sometimes it just adds extra anxiety. Weighing once a week sounds enough (however I don't have a routine, I can go for 2 or 3 weeks in a row without weighing myself or do it almost everyday in some weeks... need to find a balance).

P.S. - You're cool, no matter how old you are;)

Mandy, Lesley and others,
Hope you're all fine, and feel free to come here whenever you want to, no matter how good or bad you feel. We're here tu support each other both on the good and bad days.

xx

Micci,
How often do you weight yourself? I also believe it isn't good to weight everyday or very often, sometimes it just adds extra anxiety. Weighing once a week sounds enough (however I don't have a routine, I can go for 2 or 3 weeks in a row without weighing myself or do it almost everyday in some weeks... need to find a balance).

P.S. - You're cool, no matter how old you are;)

Aline, you say such nice things :)

I'm convinced that weighing oneself is NOT part of having a healthy relationship with food. Having said that, I'm weaning myself of weighing myself every day, sometimes a couple of times a day.

So, you have sunshine at last, that's great - enjoy :)

Wow!!!!!!

Well done you.

Back