Birthday dilema?!

yumyum

Right!..I'm about to finish week 3 on monday...have had good loss of 13lb + mon weigh in..

My birthday is April 18th (sat grrr)..

Do I keep going through birthday and easter to stay on track as i still have at least 3 stone to loose ....OR Allow myself a meal and drinks then restart???

would i restart??...will i be able to stick to shakes over bday weekend?? i know noone can tell me but any advice or point of view would help, :copon:xx

its a tough question!i think if i had a meal and then someone told me i had to go back to shakes for another while i dont think i would be fit to handle it. if it was me i would stick on the diet and instead of going for a meal why not go out somewhere!do something you havent done in ages!like ice skating or something:D. but its up to you!whatever you think will be easier on you!

It's something that only you can know the answer to.

I'm in a similar dilemma but have already made my decision on what to do.

We've booked a resturant for my mil's birthday at the beginning of May and it's hard to get a table. The food is totally lush so I'm coming off the diet for the night and looking forward to a good feed. I will then restart it on the Sunday. I'm not going to be drinking though.

I know it's not ideal but I'm sooo looking forward to that night.

hth

it seems so unfair for one day you could put your losses back...can handle the no drink easier than the food.
would i have to reffed for that one day?
If i stuck to protien and o carbs would that help?
Hmmmmm my mind is saying stick with it....

I'm keenly awaiting the responses to your thread. Its my sis in laws 30th birthday next weekend and we are off to Center Parcs.
Im only just into my 2nd week and definately don't want to blow the whole thing. I have definately got my head around not drinking ( been out socially already and had sparkling water)and don't want to eat the whole weekend but would really like to have just a light meal on the sat night its a hot and cold buffet so i know for definate there will be a choice of having something like chicken and a bit of salad - we will be dancing all night and i am excited at the prospect of not going overboard like i would normally and then feeling too full to get up and dance - but before i decide whether to stick rigidly to TFR on Saturday I am gonna read what others have to say.
Enjoy your birthday!!!
N
x
:p:):p:):p:):p:):):p:):p:):p

I'm keenly awaiting the responses to your thread. Its my sis in laws 30th birthday next weekend and we are off to Center Parcs.
Im only just into my 2nd week and definately don't want to blow the whole thing. I have definately got my head around not drinking ( been out socially already and had sparkling water)and don't want to eat the whole weekend but would really like to have just a light meal on the sat night its a hot and cold buffet so i know for definate there will be a choice of having something like chicken and a bit of salad - we will be dancing all night and i am excited at the prospect of not going overboard like i would normally and then feeling too full to get up and dance - but before i decide whether to stick rigidly to TFR on Saturday I am gonna read what others have to say.
Enjoy your birthday!!!
N
x
:p:):p:):p:):p:):):p:):p:):p
Its so tough isn't it!, i mean its 24 hrs...but my also prob is my friends dont know i'm doing this either:confused:xx

YumYum
My mum is coming away with us she doesn't know i'm doing this. I think its hard going telling people because you don't always feel strong enough when they put their point of view accross - mainly because they don't understand. On my second day i went to see my sister and mum and sis had made rhubarb crumble (mmmm). Because they don't know they were practically shoving it in my face, but do you know if they did know they would have been doing the same - hence not telling them. I met my old boss for lunch the other day and he was saying "oh Nick why are you doing this etc etc" but i stuck to my guns (and sparkling water)and then he phoned me the next day to apologise!! bless him.
I think you have just got to be resolute in your actions and whatever you decide to do up to the meal stick with that!!!
N
x

Keep going! You can celebrate your birthday when you are finished as the meal and drinks will always be there! The longer you do LT in one go the better :)

Its so tough isn't it!, i mean its 24 hrs...but my also prob is my friends dont know i'm doing this either:confused:xx

Why havnt you told your friends?
You shouldnt be 'embarrassed' by being on this diet, your friends, if they are true friends should support your decision. They should respect you for doing something about your weight.

But like i said, dont break for one day, really is it worth it? do you really feel like you need to have a meal for your birthday? You can always do something not involving food and always plan to go for a late birthday meal when you are the new slimmer you!

If you are not bothered about drinking, you could have a protein meal with salad or veg, which wouldnt take you out of ketosis, but if you were planning on having a drink, you really should do 1 week of refeed hun. Good luck whatever your decision.

Why havnt you told your friends?
You shouldnt be 'embarrassed' by being on this diet, your friends, if they are true friends should support your decision. They should respect you for doing something about your weight.

But like i said, dont break for one day, really is it worth it? do you really feel like you need to have a meal for your birthday? You can always do something not involving food and always plan to go for a late birthday meal when you are the new slimmer you!
I'm not embarrased hun but feel like i'm not ready to tell i'm doing this for me and as i've been so down by my weight i wouldnt cope with any critism....when i'm ready i will but as they haven't noticed i've lost any time not right yet x

If you are not bothered about drinking, you could have a protein meal with salad or veg, which wouldnt take you out of ketosis, but if you were planning on having a drink, you really should do 1 week of refeed hun. Good luck whatever your decision.
i think i'll have a protein meal as a stndby, think i will go through it and picyre a belated birthday meal in a slinky outfit!!, xx

I would advise to celebrate it later Toni, but its nice to have options. Just think of the total celebration you could have further down the line. Make a mental note of another birthday, maybe 3 months down the line or something.

I'm not embarrased hun but feel like i'm not ready to tell i'm doing this for me and as i've been so down by my weight i wouldnt cope with any critism....when i'm ready i will but as they haven't noticed i've lost any time not right yet x

Hope you dont think i was harsh by that chick - its just i feel people should be honest about what they are doing with regards to this diet. I do understand where you are coming from though :)

Maybe your birthday would be the ideal chance to tell them.... you cant drink it or meal it up because you are on LT.

If they criticise just tell them ok thats your opinion but this is what i am doing and like it or lump it. I think people criticise cuz they dont know anything about it.

Whatever you decide honey i hope you will have a great burfdee!! hehe :) xx

I'm in the same position Toni. It's my birthday next Saturday but I'm plodding on through this and celebrating it when I go on holiday in July. 2 days later it's our 7th wedding anniversary so we will be celebrating that on holiday too.

I don't think I could break this diet and get back on it easily so think it's best for me to just carry on and celebrate later. That lovely meal will still be waiting for you when you are at your target.

Whatever you decide have a lovely birthday.

Stick to you :) You won't regret it in the end x

I would advise to celebrate it later Toni, but its nice to have options. Just think of the total celebration you could have further down the line. Make a mental note of another birthday, maybe 3 months down the line or
something.

Yay...i can be 31 for a few more months !!! xx

Hope you dont think i was harsh by that chick - its just i feel people should be honest about what they are doing with regards to this diet. I do understand where you are coming from though :)

Maybe your birthday would be the ideal chance to tell them.... you cant drink it or meal it up because you are on LT.

If they criticise just tell them ok thats your opinion but this is what i am doing and like it or lump it. I think people criticise cuz they dont know anything about it.

Whatever you decide honey i hope you will have a great burfdee!! hehe :) xx

Of course i know you didnt mean anything by it, lol.I could come out the closet then ha ha , i guess ive been keeping myself to myself really i'll keep you updated ha ha ha xx

I'm in the same position Toni. It's my birthday next Saturday but I'm plodding on through this and celebrating it when I go on holiday in July. 2 days later it's our 7th wedding anniversary so we will be celebrating that on holiday too.

I don't think I could break this diet and get back on it easily so think it's best for me to just carry on and celebrate later. That lovely meal will still be waiting for you when you are at your target.

Whatever you decide have a lovely birthday.

You've got a double whammy to get through...crikey i feel for there hun! xx

lol yumyum - just whatever you do enjoy it and have a great time! :D

Hiya, i have only been doing the diet for 2 days now so cant give u much advice on that front but i just wanted to let u know that i have the same dilemma as my birthday is the 12th april and to tell u wot i have planned. I personally dont want to mess up weeks of hard work so have arranged with my partner and mates to go to thorpe park, i can take my shakes with me and have loads of fun too!!!
Also (correct me if im wrong) but ur body is/will be in ketosis so if u eat it would ruin this and u would need to wait for it to kick in again........hungry for days afterwards, is one meal worth that? Afterall there is always ur next birthday!
good luck wotever u decide and have a good one xxx :D

Back