Bit of advice please?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by LizS, 22 June 2009 Social URL.

1. LizS

LizS Shut up Ethel

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(15.31%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    On the way in to work this morning I realised that I'd not put a 'lunchtime' pack in my bag. Panicked.

Thankfully, once I got to work I found there was one in my desk drawer, so am ok for today.

BUT it got me thinking. If I find myself sans pack at lunchtime, or out and about and either without a pack/tetra/bar or unable to make up a pack, what's the best thing to do?

I doubt I could have gone 12 hours on one choc milkshake, as that's what it would have been if I'd tried to get through to when I got home. Whilst I'm not hungry, I do need some sustenance occasionally!

What would you do in that situation? What's the best thing to choose? For some reason I think of peanuts, but I don't suppose they're the best choice, are they?

TIA
    Lx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. size102b

size102b Banned

Hiya after 4 years on and off cding I always keep a bar on me at all times,they are small and a good emergency meal,but if I did forget plain chicken can get you through and a one off won't effect your weightloss xxxx

4. towergilly

towergilly Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st8lb
    Current Weight:
    20st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.08%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    hi chuck
    my cdc spoke this week about i cant remember if i was plan 1a or something have a look in your cambridge book there's a list of permited food this is not meant to take you out of ketosis
    hopefully this is useful

5. Lisa Claire

Lisa Claire Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.26%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi ya, as "size102b" said, I think just a bit of plain cooked chicken is a good answer, my previous CDC said if I felt like I really needed to eat something have a bit of chicken or crabsticks, I did this occasionally when I was on SS before and still lost every week.

6. curlywurly1234

curlywurly1234 Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5lb(42.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hey hon.
    Lucky you had an extra one at work, I havent been caught out yet.. but I now have a meal in the evening so I would probably have it at lunch if that was the case a small salad with chicken or tuna, or cottage cheese would be ok..
    If not drink lots of water...
    x

7. ELAY

ELAY Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(14.78%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    If you were really stuck then i'd go upto the SS+ just for one day and go out and buy a chicken Salad (obviously without dressing) and have that.. that way you're not going overboard and risk ruining your hard work!

8. Eternalflame

Eternalflame Excited about the new me!

Start Weight:
    16st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(4.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I agree with the above lovely ppl here already and maybe keep one of each at work in case anyway, in case you are in that position again. xxx

9. LizS

LizS Shut up Ethel

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(15.31%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Thanks all. I can easily get hold of cold plain chicken, tuna or cottage cheese in the canteen at work so that's good to know!

10. LizzMB

LizzMB WILL be Slim!

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.57%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    personally, i would go without as i dont have any of my shakes in the day anyway...I'm a real evening grazer so find that having them between 5-10pm really helps me...i suppose thats something i should stop as its a habitual thing.....
    I'm a 100% plan gal so i stash them everywhere to make sure i dont run out....at work, in the car glove box, in my handbag in the little zip bit...everywhere i can think of to make sure i'm never without!
    Hope that helps hun
    xxxxx

Eternalflame likes this.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.