Blended fruit?

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by rainbowfrank, 22 October 2009 Social URL.

1. rainbowfrank

rainbowfrank Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11.5lb(18.37%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers.
    I've been reading little bits here and there about how although fruit is free, once it's blended, it has to be counted as syns?
    I'm not sure why that would be, it's horrible for me though as I've always had a problem eating fruit, mostly because of the textures, and I'd be much happier blending it into a smoothie. Surely it's okay if I'm just putting in the smoothie what I'd eat as non-blended fruit throughout the day anyway?
    Thanks if you can help!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sorry the official SW line is that blended fruit must be counted as syns. Think how much fruit goes into a smoothie which takes no time at all to drink and don't fill you up for any length of time. Now compare that with how long it would take to eat that fruit in its natural state and how that would keep your satisfied you'll see the problem.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.