Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

gosh hun, you make me tired just reading all you get up to, or is it cos i just got up & only had 5 hrs sleep ?
xx:D

Right.. that's my day planned then... cook, shower, festival programme, shop, walk dog, iron (mebbe), bake (definitely), pub quiz, bed before midnight!!! :D :D :D

best laid plans and all that... I did cook - a scrummy smelling stew with braising steak, sliced potatoes, sprouts, horsechestnuts, cauliflower and peas in... with a jar of Ragu thrown in for good measure, a couple of oxo cubes and a dash of mixed herbs.. and the potatoe slices atop sprinkled with grated cheese.. :sigh: very tempted to have a spoonful when it was ready.. but managed to get it all done, clear up and have a long shower.

Didn't take the dog out, but DID go shopping.. didn't iron (perhaps get up early tomorrow and do that - hmm, mebbe not.. lol) baked the cake and I have to admit, it looks bloomin good! (just like the pic on the packet!!) It's an orange and passion fruit sponge sandwich (with orange and passion fruit fondant mixed with double cream as the filling.. and a fondant topping sprinkled with orange flavoured sugar crystals).. smelt absolutely divine!! Looks good too., so, hopefully they will all enjoy it at the pub and, fingers crossed I can get it there without incident!! :rolleyes:

Haven't done the programme either.. spent the rest of my time chatting with Zoe and sorting out this mane of a head of hair of mine! (It's taken me an hour and a half to straighten it!! - must remember to allow myself as long in Brum to get it under control!!). I was thinking (dangerous hobby I know.. ;) ) IF I get this new job and IF I take it.. I might be working that day!!! Argh! I wouldn't finish until 3pm! Nasty!!!! Hmmm.. will have to sort that out!

Watched a great programme about leather-backed turtles off the coast of Ireland - beautiful.. I love those kind of progs.

My life has long since stopped being dictated to by TV schedules and I have rarely got a clue what is on.. lol.. I flick the thing on every now and again just to see! I do know that this evening is Gladiator and I wouldn't have minded seeing that, but if I really want to I could borrow it from the library.. lol..

Sorry I made you tired Pandora :eek: I think it's the lack of sleep meself ;) :D xxxx

So.. just having a stroll around the site then off again and to the pub (on time this week for sure!!).. Oh.. AND.. I have the most enormous flippin spot on my chin!!! :mad: ... 43 and starting to get spots!! What the heck is THAT all about?????:confused: :confused: :confused:

Pub quiz last night was great fun. Didn't win but had a giggle. Trudy (the birthday girl at the pub) was really surprised and the cake was soon demolished (thank goodness!). Lots of laughter and silliness - I look forward to my Sunday evenings there. PQM was chatty again, but I watched him this time and he is still very keen on Lucy.. lol.. bless him.. don't think he has much a chance, well, in fact, none to be honest. But it's ok for him to dream.. we all need our dreams :D

I've got my weigh in today - not particularly optimistic as have looked through my card and noticed there is a trend appearing.. so am not expecting a good loss.. that said.. next week should (in theory) be a humdinger! (Mind you, trying to see any pattern in my losses is a challenge!!) The lowest losses have tended to be linked to my periods.. so we shall see.. as ever I know there will be a loss... just dunno how much!!:rolleyes:

I spoke to my sister this morning. Lots to sort out there! Have to make a phone call for her now. Once that's done I shall be able to update on things.

She is still very distraught and wants to come home. I think that she will be a lot better later and also, 2 of her friends have arrived out there for carnival so she isn't alone anymore and that's a big relief.

Hope all are having a good day. xxxx

Hiya Jennie

Hope you're having a good day & you get things sorted for your sister.
xx

hi Jennie,
good luck for the weigh in, i know what you mean about your losses, you seem to do alot 1 week followed by less the next week, but in the grand scheem of things you are doing FABULOUSLY well
( actually, do you think i'll recognise you in Brum?)
hope everything sorts for your sister, its awful being an observer to a situation knowing there isn't much you can do. Being there is the biggest thing you can do, any extra will be a bonus to her
huggs to her (& you)
xx:)

Caught up ........... phew only 5 pages this time!!! God knows what I'll do if we ever go away for a fortnight!!!

Glad valentines night went so well for you - had a lovely night myself!! Your sisters fella sounds the pits - not my brother is he??!! Mmmmmmm hope she realises what a lowlife he is and kicks him into touch.

Good luck on latest job - and your WI.

Hope you're having a good day & you get things sorted for your sister.xx
Thanks MD... major dilemma with my sis.. will explain further down..

( actually, do you think i'll recognise you in Brum?) hope everything sorts for your sister, its awful being an observer to a situation knowing there isn't much you can do. Being there is the biggest thing you can do, any extra will be a bonus to her huggs to her (& you) xx:)
thanks Cheryl, yeah,you'll recognise me, lol, not changing THAT much! lol As for sis.. *sigh it's awful!

Caught up ........... phew only 5 pages this time!!! God knows what I'll do if we ever go away for a fortnight!!! LOL I'll hook up abroad and update from whereever I am! lol ;)
Your sisters fella sounds the pits - not my brother is he??!!
Well if his first name begins with Ch and his second with Ed & he lives in Croydon then maybe!!! Mmmmmmm hope she realises what a lowlife he is and kicks him into touch. So do I!!!

Right - sorry to be so brief but.. weigh in: 1.1lbs lost but that puts me nicely into the 16's at 16stone 12.0lbs :D :D :D
A gnats wotsits off being able to claim that I have lost 6.5 stone and just another 2.5lbs and I will be halfway - so I'm not disappointed with my loss today as I had identified a trend so was prepared, and it isn't the least I have lost either! :D

My sis: spoke to her today and have uncovered lots of his deceptions.. provable too! She has been on the phone asking me to go out there to be with her from Thurs for the week. I'm torn. I want to go. She needs me. BUT.. this is the busiest week at work for me in the whole quarter...and I have the most enormous amount of work facing me at the moment.. plus I have NO summer clothes!! I have a plan of action:

1. ring boss and ask for time off and explain why
2. find flights and costs to see if financially viable
3. check if can take CD
4. check health requirements (vaccinations)
5. launch an emergency appeal for any summer clothes size 20/22 to be posted to me tomorrow morning 1st class (or will not reach me in time) and I will refund postage costs and return all items within 14 days too.
6. work through the night to get on top of work stuff as much as I can to help boss make his decision
7. reschedule everything in my diary from thurs - next friday (including weigh in, gym, dr appt, hospital appt!)

I've already rung my boss and he is distinctly unimpressed! He won't give me a decision tonight! (He never makes a damned decision when he needs to!!!! It infuriates me to the nth fecking degree!!!!! 'we'll have a discussion about it in the morning' - what's to discuss - either yes or fecking no!!!!!! AAARGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! Every damn moment counts if I am to travel in 3 days time! Bloomin heck!!:mad: :mad: :sigh: :rolleyes:

Sorry but I'm so torn... she needs me.. she wants me with her... I ought to go... :( :( :(

oh Jennie, what a dilema,
hope your boss can get in touch with his human side for once, christian charity & all that.
sorry can't help on the clothes front, they all went to the charity shop a few months back.
i really hope for you & your sister that you can manage to get out there & be there for her.
xx:)

Jennie what size are you? If I can help I will. I will even bring them to you personally as I think I live only about 50 miles away from you.

PM me is you prefer.

Keep your chin up. You never know he MAY possess some christian charity.

Hugs Pam

Jennie what size are you? If I can help I will. I will even bring them to you personally as I think I live only about 50 miles away from you. PM me is you prefer. Keep your chin up. You never know he MAY possess some christian charity. Hugs Pam
Bless you Pam, thank you. My boss has loads of Christian charity, I think perhaps I'm a bit lacking as I know his reasons for hesitation. :eek:

Oh Jennie - that's really tough, I so hope you can get things sorted & that your boss will give you the time off & your holiday up the swannee - it never rains hey!:( Although June is a long way off & things could change again, so don't give up hope.

You've got a manic few days ahead of you if you do manage to go, so try to get as much sleep as you can tonight, you don't want to run yourself into the ground - that won't help you or your sister.

Well done on your weight loss, so close to halfway is absolutely brilliant & being in the 16's - that's fantastic.

Keep your chin up honey & I really hope you manage to get it all sorted & can help out your sister.

Big ((((hug))))
xxx

Oh our posts crossed, and I see you're not able to go, what a shame, but that is a heck of a lot of money & it would have been crazy trying to organise it all in 3 days.

Stay strong lovely
xxx

Oh Jennie - that's really tough, I so hope you can get things sorted & that your boss will give you the time off & your holiday up the swannee - it never rains hey!:( Although June is a long way off & things could change again, so don't give up hope.

I'm hoping she said that through sheer emotion and didn't actually mean it. BUT.. if she did , then so be it. I would hate for her to feel bad if we did go. Sometimes it's really hard being a sister:eek: :rolleyes:

You've got a manic few days ahead of you if you do manage to go, so try to get as much sleep as you can tonight, you don't want to run yourself into the ground - that won't help you or your sister.

I would've stayed up working all night to get things done so boss would have less of a case. And then gone in early tomorrow and worked all day and evening too, same Weds all day and then packed!

As it stands now, it's all pretty academic.. I just cannot justify spending over £500 for a 5 day (travelling 2) trip. I know my sister would be angry if I did.. I'm going to call her now...

Well done on your weight loss, so close to halfway is absolutely brilliant & being in the 16's - that's fantastic.

Thanks MD.. I can't even remember the last time I was in teh 16's!!! Hopefully this time next month it will be the 15's and a smaller size, and I'll be over halfway.

Keep your chin up honey & I really hope you manage to get it all sorted & can help out your sister. Big ((((hug)))) xxx
thank you , so much.. I feel wrung out.. and it isn't even happening to me!!

Sorry the fares are too high. What a b*mmer!
:( I know, thanks again for the really kind offer

Oh our posts crossed, and I see you're not able to go, what a shame, but that is a heck of a lot of money & it would have been crazy trying to organise it all in 3 days. Stay strong lovely xxx
I know, I could and would have done it though.. I just texted her as I couldn't get through on the phone. Times like this I do wish money was no object.. then I wouldn't need to worry and could just have gone. Well, there's a reason why things happen as they do.

Back