Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

Fab news re the Doc, a sympathetic doc in this walk of life is a great thing x

He's been wonderful ever since I first met him years ago when we moved here. He has been so supportive, especially now the diet's working and the fact that I'm not on medication etc.. he is lovely and caring and when I went through the divorce he was so reassuring and helpful and gave great advice about the girls when they were a major cause for concern. I've been very fortunate with him, he has helped me try all sorts of things to get my weight down.. prescription for exercise, signing the med form for cambridge, he put me on xenical years ago, he has done as much as anyone could ever ask for and all without being harsh or judgemental.. a smashing person. If he manages to get this sorted on the nhs for me I will be amazed, but so very grateful and he knows I will not waste it. He is putting a lot of trust in me and I appreciate that. (might ask him to sponsor me.. lolololol)

Hi Jennie,

I'm really please you got your form signed for the dive :superwoman: :superwoman:

On the home front have you thought about getting a student in. My cousin who lives in Cambridge rents out her 2 spare rooms to summer students and she gets £800 per month from this. She provides breakfast, a packed lunch and a hot meal.

I think her local education authority sorted it all out. Just a suggestion.:)

Take care,

Lisa xx

Jennie.
What about becoming a CDC?!!
You're a fantastic advocate for the product :)
Not sure if it will solve your finances enough, but could be wonderfully rewarding.

You really are fantastic, a gnats do da's off 9 stone...incredible!
Well done
Love Kitty xxx

Hiya Jennie

Fantastic news on getting your form signed although it scares me silly the thought of you jumping out a plane :p but if that's what floats your boat (or plane) them I'm thrilled for ya :D

Hopefully you'll get yourself sorted job wise and you never know it might just all fall into place for you, even though it'll be very strange without Zoe at home, I'm sure you'll be fine hun, who knows what's around the next corner :)

Take care & don't stay on here too late - i'll come nagging if you still on at 10!!

hi hun,
glad your GP is being such a star, wish mine was :eek:
i'm sure the solution to you housing dilema will become apparent soon, i see people have given you options to think about
speek soon
xx:)

OH MY GOODNESS JENNIE

I cant believe the difference in you ~ saw you at Birmingham not that long ago and you are like a different new improved version of the older you

Well done ~ you are so inspiring I cant wait till I have lost nine stone like you

WELL DONE WELL DONE

YOU LOOK AMAZING

Wow Jen

You never cease to amaze me! You are an inspiration to all!

Skydiving thingy - ffs! I would fall off a cliff if I got too close!!!!

You sound so upbeat hun, I wish I had your energy. Sometimes I really envy you with all you cram into a day, my life is totally boring in comparison. I wish I could do more, but lack the vah vah voom that is needed.

Wish I could see you soon, am trying to sort out the Birmingham meet, but things are very up in the air what with the house being on the market and not knowing what could be!

You are sooooo amazing, and a very special person to me.

Take care hun, and onwards and downwards. x x x

Hi Jen,

Have you thought of speaking to the people Sonkie mentioned in her thread? That might be another option to allow you to stay in the house you love.

My sister has taken in lodgers for the last seven years and it has allowed her to keep the house maintained without the pressure of having to work 24/7 to pay for it. You could always start with one Monday-Thursday lodger and see how it goes for a month. I don't know what the room rates are in your area but she thinks that £100 a week would not be unreasonable. Her rates are inclusive of domestic bills but they are not allowed to use the telephone or the internet (she only has dial-up!)

Maybe a lodger will help you to be able to work less!

All the best with whatever you decide

Hi Jennie,

I'm really please you got your form signed for the dive :superwoman: :superwoman:

On the home front have you thought about getting a student in. My cousin who lives in Cambridge rents out her 2 spare rooms to summer students and she gets £800 per month from this. She provides breakfast, a packed lunch and a hot meal.

I think her local education authority sorted it all out. Just a suggestion.:)

Take care,

Lisa xx
Thanks Lisa, and I would do this in the blink of an eye except I live in the middle of nowhere, only a bus route which is about an hour and half from nearest educational establishment and virtually no nightlife - so students would NOT want to be here, in fact, all those who live here and study in Northampton struggle to get there. If I lived in a place like Cambridge or Luton where we used to live, I would be doing this. (Used to have student lodgers in Luton, ace!) Thanks for the thought though. I love living here because it is so 'detached' if you like, but I'm now seeing the downside as far as renting a room goes.

Jennie.
What about becoming a CDC?!!
You're a fantastic advocate for the product :)
Not sure if it will solve your finances enough, but could be wonderfully rewarding.

You really are fantastic, a gnats do da's off 9 stone...incredible!
Well done
Love Kitty xxx
Cheers Kitty, nope, I can't become a CDC. I couldn't afford it to start with (huge initial financial outlay required) - it isn't a great money-spinner (by all accounts) plus - I would find it incredibly hard to deal with people not turning up for appointments etc etc.. lol I think Cambridge would have to label me as a 'straight-talking, tough love, no-nonsense' agent for them.. :rotflmao::rotflmao: so don't think I would appeal to them in any case! :giggle: It would be rewarding if those who came to me stuck to the diet, lol, but not if they didn't... and that's not really the right attitude for a CDC (I don't think) lol... Perhaps I will 'soften' in time... don't get me wrong, I am compassionate (although I know you might find that hard to believe at times) and I do care very deeply for others.. but if I had to deal with people who blatantly wasted their and my time and money I would be pretty intolerant I think. (eeek... probably not a popular thing to say, but hey, you know me! lol) Supporting people on here who I care about and love is easy, if it was a 'living' it would, I think be quite different. Am I making ANY sense??? lol
Thanks though for thinking I could do it! :D :D :D :D xxx

Hi

I don't post terribly often but have watched your journey with great interest... I wonder if you have set up a justgiving site for skydive sponsorship? If so, could I have the address as it would be a pleasure to sponsor you.

Good luck with everything... I am sure it will all come together...

Katie

Oh Katie, bless you! Thank you so much.. I haven't set one up yet as I'm waiting for the date.. but I will do and will let you know as soon as it is done! Thank you SO SO much :D :D

Hi Jen,

Have you thought of speaking to the people Sonkie mentioned in her thread? That might be another option to allow you to stay in the house you love.

My sister has taken in lodgers for the last seven years and it has allowed her to keep the house maintained without the pressure of having to work 24/7 to pay for it. You could always start with one Monday-Thursday lodger and see how it goes for a month. I don't know what the room rates are in your area but she thinks that £100 a week would not be unreasonable. Her rates are inclusive of domestic bills but they are not allowed to use the telephone or the internet (she only has dial-up!)

Maybe a lodger will help you to be able to work less!

All the best with whatever you decide

Thanks Helen, I will go and look at Sonkie's thread and see what I can do. I like the sound of a Monday-Thursday lodger very much and if I didn't have to work my 43hr week I would be far happier! Thanks again. xx

Thursday morning - at last! Almost the weekend (hurrah)

Came downstairs to find the dog had partially digested my bluetooth headset for my mobile phone!!! I was NOT impressed... so... no more mobby in the car for me!! Did the honourable thing and burst into tears. then realised that was silly... don't get that many calls anyhow.. lol.. so... will have to cram in a trip to an O2 shop over the weekend.

Decided not to go to the conference I am supposed to go to on Saturday, instead should be taking Zoe to a posh hotel in Hertfordshire for her interview.. and also hope to sort out spare rooms a bit.. although I DID get Sarah's upstairs single room cleared up a bit this morning before heading off to work.

Got here and checked the freecycle site I belong to... and have signed up for a days 'collecting' duties at Silverstone, Bank Holiday Sunday, May 6th, for the Air Ambulance - am dead excited!! It's a whole day of motorbike racing and wandering around in (hopefully) the sunshine, shaking a bucket! :D just think - thousands of lush bikers!!! :rotflmao: of course, my main reason is the fundraising ;) :giggle: lolololol Am really looking forward to it! Am going to let PQM know about it on Sunday evening as he might like to go too and take his lad with him (if that's allowed) on his 'bike. It would mean he would get to see all the racing for free (and I know he has no job at the moment and loves motorbike racing) he might even have tickets already for all I know, but he, and another chap called Fred, are both into bikes.. so I think it would be neighbourly of me to let them have a freebie day out and raise money at the same time too!! Might even nip down the pub tonight and tell the landlady so she can pass it on to them if they are in before Sunday night. Although I'm at a gig tonight so not sure I'll get time.

Dead excited about the skydive now. It's all going to be ace!! Someone asked me (at the Drs waiting room) what I'll try next.. lol.. I told them I want to abseil and also wing walk but apart from that I dunno - all these things won't hurt my foot you see..(unless I crash of course.. :rotflmao:) so I can do them without worrying about that aspect... I won't be doing any bungee jumping... not into having my body jerked on a huge laccy band.. lol... but will have to think about other things... difficult really... any ideas???

I have just been reading through your diary (should be working) and I have to say thanks so much for having it here to read because I have looked back and seen the week you lost .8lb and how despondent you were and how then after that it was a great loss. it has really reassured me that a bad week doesn't mean a bad continuance. thanks so much and well done you.

I have just been reading through your diary (should be working) and I have to say thanks so much for having it here to read because I have looked back and seen the week you lost .8lb and how despondent you were and how then after that it was a great loss. it has really reassured me that a bad week doesn't mean a bad continuance. thanks so much and well done you.
Hi Emma, thanks for dropping by :D It really was a crap week (I remember it so well)... and am so glad you are hanging in there and gritting your teeth.. it WILL pay off, I know it. I was devastated but had to make a choice between doing what I would usually do when so cheesed off (pig out for Britain and cry into my marshmallows and choccie biccies) or try to convince myself that the next week WOULD be better. Dead chuffed you are doing the latter, and believe me, next week you will see a lovely loss to help make you feel loads better. A bad week is just that, one naff weigh in.. on this diet it doesn't mean a thing really. You've already lost loads too! :D Well done!!! Keep us posted as to how you're doing. Have you got a diary??? Thanks again, lovely photo too!!!

but will have to think about other things... difficult really... any ideas???

Well you could try taking it easy & relaxing for a bit - that really would be a new experience for you :p

Take care hon & have a great evening

xx

Have a gud un!

hi fff
i sat last night and read your whole diary
it was day 8 for me and was feeling really low and cold
had temptations for food like no other day
felt sorry for myself and sat and cried
punkass bless her wrote a lovely message in my diary and pointed me to your diary
well i can so relate to most of what you said
and i see on day 7 you had a day like mine was, cold and feeling yuk

thanks for keeping this diary cos if it wasn`t there last night to read i`m sure i would be eating right now
you so gave me the strength to carry on

in one thread you mentioned rushden
i used to live not far from there in burton latimer
moved from there in 2001

anyways i`m waffling now but wanted to say you have a been a big help to me
kaz xxxxx

Back