Blimp to Bombshell: RawrGirl's Weight Loss Diary

RawrGirl didn't quite meet her Fabulous February Challenge goal of 125, but it appears her body loses about 1 pound each week no matter what she does -- in Ketosis, out-of-Ketosis, exercise, don't exercise, behave on weekends, don't behave. It's very odd. But as long as she keeps losing, she'll take it! :)

RawrGirl didn't quite meet her Fabulous February Challenge goal of 125, but it appears her body loses about 1 pound each week no matter what she does -- in Ketosis, out-of-Ketosis, exercise, don't exercise, behave on weekends, don't behave. It's very odd. But as long as she keeps losing, she'll take it! :)

Fantastic! Well done you. X

wow how lucky are you! LOL. you have done amazingly well so far :)

wow how lucky are you! LOL. you have done amazingly well so far :)

Thanks. RawrGirl is sure her luck will not last. She is usually a very slow loser. 2 years ago doing WW and jogging 3 miles 5x a week and all she'd lose was .2 or .4 lbs a week.

Her diet is about 1000 calories a day, and she does weights at least 2x a week (usually 4-6), and even when not in Ketosis, she usually eats low-carb, so it's not like she's doing nothing. But still, it is odd to lose for her body to lose consistently even when her routine is inconsistent.

Last edited:
So RawrGirl has an interview in about an hour. It's an administrative assistant position that could grow into office manager. She owns one suit, and it is absolutely beautiful.

And it doesn't fit.

The suit coat looks like a box, and the pants are so loose they pool around her ankles. Granted, she is thrilled about the weight loss, thus the irony is thick. So she is wearing grey dress slacks and a buttoned down blouse. She looks all right, but she looks like she's applying for an administrative assistant position. She wanted to stand out from the other applicants by looking like she was applying for office manager. She hoped that would give her an edge if she looked like she was the candidate who could grow into that position. O well.

Please pray, cross your fingers, whatever that RawrGirl gets this job. She and Prince Charming are really hurting for money right now. Thanks.

Sending lots of positive thoughts and a little prayer out into the universe for you. Good Luck. x

How did the interview go?

Well done on getting down close to 126lb - I bet 129lb feels quite far behind you?

Have you changed to a consistent 1000kcal per day? It that easier to do?

Interview on a Sunday! you go girl if that doesnt show willing nothing does.
I wouldnt fret about the clothes to much any good employer/interviewer knows how to spot potential.
Good luck hun. XX

Good luck xx

Good luck with the interview hun x

How did your interview go? :D

126.4. RawrGirl will assume that's a STS, which is actually pretty good considering the fact that she ate alot last weekend, was sick most of the week so didn't exercise, and basically ate normal all week (non-diet, just normal meals made with mostly low-carb and/or lowish-fat ingrediants in my house, eating till satisfied, low-carb dessert every night, not-counting calories).

I will fill you all in on interview/job details and such another time. Today, I am going to a baby's funeral. A very good friend of mine (he was a groomsmen at my wedding) and his wife were expecting their first baby next month. They've only been married a year (I shot their wedding as a wedding present), and they are both late 20's. He and I were like best friends for about a year, and I was even there the night he met the girl he married. And I would show him pics of Prince Charming on my phone when we were still long-distance, and he was one of few people who knew I was flying out to meet Prince Charming for the fist time. We were very much like brother/sister. And I like his wife, and Prince Charming likes him, so we've done a lot of double dates and girl's night/guy night stuff.

So anyway, I don't know what happened, but the baby died last weekend. There is a funeral and burial today so I assume she went into labor and delivered. What happened during or after that, I have no idea. I am absolutely devastated for them, and even though of course I am going to the funeral, I am really really dreading seeing them so sad. Prince Charming last night even said that he wanted to see Katie...but he wanted to see her happy and gushing about the coming baby...not like this. I mean, she just had the baby shower less than 2 weeks ago. And now I am crying again, so I am going to log off (and just realized I am writing in first-person, grrr).

So...as long as I am not sick come Monday, I will be getting back into regular diet and exercise. Still hoping to reach goal by end of March. Will talk to you all sometime next week.

Oh RawrGirl, I'm welling up just reading that. I cant begin to imagine what they must be gong through. From that excitement to utter devastation. My heart goes out to them. I don't know what else to say. Hugs. X

So sad hun its going to be tough but as long as you are thier to hold them then you will be doing the best thing you can from where you are stood. Sadly my Brother went through this last year the whole episode was unreal as it was relayed to me i couldnt belive it. They will both need you, sending you wishes of strength. Take care xxx

Sending you hugs x

RawrGirl has felt like blah all week. And even though she finally felt somewhat better yesterday, her throat still hurt when she woke up and she still feels tired all the time. Needless to say, no exercise all week. Have no idea what the scales verdict will be, but she thinks it's very doubtful she will reach goal by March 29th. It's so cold, which is quite demotivating. Hopefully, new job (first day is tomorrow) will bring life back into RawrGirl.

RawrGirl has no idea how. but...she lost a pound this week. 125.4. She was honestly expecting a 1 - 1.5 pound gain. This has just totally been the icing on her cake for today. Prince Charming got paid today, not only was it a 3-week pay period (instead of the usual two-week), but he had quite a bit of overtime (they had banned any overtime, but then got in a jam). So anyway, not only was RawrGirl able to catch up on all of the bills (last month's and this month's, except of super expensive electric bill which she paid 1.5 months wort), she has some left over to go towards her Easter dinner -- a semi-formal, Passover-inspired, 4-course dinner party. She invited her mother and two grandmother's, is using her fine china, and serving rack of lamb. :D

And tonight is girl's night with some friends, organized by the girl whose baby died. She wants some girl time, and sushi and maritni's. RawrGirl HATES sushi, and was hoping she would pick a Chinese restaurant with a sushi bar, but the place chosen is just a sushi bar. Thankfully, RawrGirl managed to find one thing -- yes, only one thing -- on the menu that she could eat, and amazingly it is one of her favorite thing's every -- fried shrimp with coconut sauce. And she is going to wear a new top she bought month's ago that only has one-shoulder. RawrGirl loves that style and never bought herself one before because she's wasn't happy with her weight.

By next month, she will have a paycheck and can finish catching up on the electric bill, and then will actually have some spending/saving money. Yay!

And next week, she thinks she is actually going to go back on a diet and def getting back into working out. And skating! Finally she will be able to start skating again. Hopefully, she hasn't unlearned everything. This is the longest period in a year and a half that she hasn't gone. :(

Anyway...off to first day of work (in slightly baggy clothes, which is part-exhilarating, part-frumpy-looking, must get paycheck so can buy better-fitting clothes at charity shop!)

Sorry this post is s stream-of-consciousness...just trying to catch up real quick before needing to leave for work. Hopefully RawrGirl will get to everyone's diaries this weekend! Love and hugs to all, and wish you all a great weekend!

Finally RawrGirl has been feeling better and has worked out the last 3 days in a row. Yay!

She felt like she was sick for so long, and was really starting to get depressed. Glad that is over! She's been feeling very positive lately, and is looking forward to Easter Sunday, when she is hosting a a semi-formal, Passover-inspired, 4-course dinner party. She invited her mother and two grandmother's, is using her fine china.

First Course: romaine salad with balsamic vinaigrette
Second Course: matzo ball soup
Third Course:
Rack of lamb, matzo stuffing, and to-be-determined vegetable
Fourth Course: apple pecan nougatine

RawrGirl has never made rack of lamb before, but she is super excited to try it. She has invited her mother and two grandmothers, and is using her fine china.

In the meantime, she is redecorating her dining room. She bought a very pretty (and surprisingly inexpensive) mural curtain panels of a tuscany garden (her kitchen is already tuscany, with grapevine garland decor) and now the dining room matches.

But she digresses from all things weight loss, which is what this forum is about, so...

Amazingly, RawrGirl has kept her weight steady, even dropping a pound here or there. Every Friday morning she gets on the scale she expects a gain, and yet she either maintains or drops another pound, despite basically eating maintenance style, that is, she is not counting calories and eating pretty much anything she wants. That being said, what RawrGirl wants to eat is pretty much healthy in the sense that it is low carb/low sugar. Just for her own record/ability to look back on what she can eat and maintain, this is the typical diet of late:

Monday--Thursday

Breakfast: Half can/bowl of broccoli soup OR chicken salad made with light mayo eating on bed of lettuce or in half a low-carb wrap OR Atkins bar OR Protein Shake

Lunch: one of the above if she gets hungry

Dinner: 4 oz lean ground beef, OR 3-4 oz chicken, OR 4 oz fish with low-carb and/or low fat versions of sauces -- tartar, alfredo, etc.)
vegetable (usually asparagus with bacon or cauliflower with light sour cream and cheddar, sometimes a salad with a low fat or a low sugar dressing and no croutons)
low-carb biscuits

Dessert: coffee with sugar-free mocha flavored cream, and/or a half cup of low-carb ice cream with no sugar added apple pie filling (warmed up) with sugar-free caramel and oatmeal crumb (drop of molasses and sweetener and butter spray). Last night, she didn't feel like heating up apple and just had a bit of ice cream with sugar-free caramel and fudge with a small sprinkling of pecans

Friday

Breakfast -- something from above
Lunch -- usually skip
Dinner -- 3-4 slices med pizza or dinner out w/ Prince Charming
Dessert -- usually treat with a full fat / full sugar dessert if she's been craving something, or she bakes something not paying attention to calories but using her low-carb flour and baking sweetener

Saturday -- Sunday

Breakfast -- 2 slices French toast made with low-carb bread (9 carbs a slice), with cream cheese frosting (1oz WW cream cheese, 1/2 tb light margarine, few drops of liquid splenda, and a mixture of sugar-free syrup and regular syrup (the low sugar alone wasn't too great, but mixing it half and half is perfect). Prince Charming eats his w/o the syrup and instead has low-sugar strawberry preserves with the cream cheese frosting.

Lunch -- Bacon Jalapeno Cream Cheese Grilled Sandwich (2 slices bacon with most fat cut off, minced jalapeno peppers, 1oz cream cheese. The bread is either a low carb tortilla grilled with butter or one of those thin rolls, about 17 carbs (its just the top and bottom of the roll, they make bagels that way too)

Dinner -- something particularly yummy but not in the range of fast food/take-away, maybe eggplant lasagna (no pasta) with sausage and part-skim ricotta and mozzarella cheese, OR burgers with lean ground beef and all the fixings on a real bun (but small, not huge), and higher-fat veggies, such as spinach bake made with light cream, WW cream cheese, and Monterrey jack cheese, or zucchini/squash bake (made with light mayo, egg, and parmesan).

Dessert -- a low carb something or other, sometimes scones with cream cheese frosting, sometimes scones with chocolate chips and chocolate frosting, bigger portions of the ice cream apple pie filling from above made in a pie shell (made with low-carb flour). RawrGirl just bought another batch of low carb baking stuff (powdered erythritol and low-carb flour, so she will be experimenting with sweet breads, cakes, and brownies next!)

So yea, that is a typical week this past month. RawrGirl is amazed she keeps dropping a pound here or there while otherwise maintaining, esp since she's been too sick to workout. There is nothing she doesn't eat that she wants to eat, and though she uses light versions of things (mayo, cream, cream cheese, flour, sweetener), she hasn't been counting calories at all. At this point, she feels like maintenance is an absolute breeze and is very relieved.

She will say one thing though, she is never full. She doesn't leave the table hungry, but she is def only satisfied. She makes only enough for dinner that she is going to eat -- there is never any leftovers: 3-4oz meat, half a can of veggies, about 1/4 cup of sauce, 2 low-carb biscuits. Even on the weekends, as hard as it is, she only buys single servings of desserts (one slice of cake, 3 bakery fresh baked chocolate chip cookies) and for the most part never buys snacks.

Well, this post is certainly long enough, so RawrGirl will sign off for now. Happy dieting to all!

Back