Blimp to Bombshell: RawrGirl's Weight Loss Diary

Well, Easter dinner was lovely...will post pics later. But as far as weight loss goes, RawrGirl had a horrid week...

It all started at her new job where if you buy a coffee, you get a free dessert. Why oh why did RawrGirl indulge? She was supposed to only allow herself the free dessert on Friday's, but she gave in on Wednesday and then it all went down hill from there. She forgets what dinner was that night, but then teenage son went on Spring Break on Thursday and subsequently spent a long weekend with his father, so the weekend for RawrGirl started early with pizza and cookies Thursday night (after another coffee and dessert at work). Friday was more pizza and cookies (and another coffee and dessert at work). Then Saturday was cheese tortellini with garlic bread and brownies, and then Easter was everything as planned, plus a late night stop to a restaurant where she indulged in fried onion rings, split a super-high fat sandwich and chips with Prince Charming, and then went back home and ate chocolate peanut butter eggs and finished off the wine from dinner.

When RawrGirl got on the scale this morning it said 134. Now she knows that's not her actual weight, probably more like 129...and while RawrGirl is very relieved that she is most likely still under 130, she had reached as low as 124 and hates losing weight she already lost before. But...no more complaints. She had a horrid week, very unlike her, and is now going back on a diet till she reaches goal weight...whatever that may be. 122 will be 50 pounds lost. 119 sounds cool because it is under 120. So, for now she is shooting for 119 and will reevaluate then depending on any squishiness that may or may not still be on her bod, lol.

It all started at her new job where if you buy a coffee, you get a free dessert.

Heya RawrGirl, hope you're doing well - certainly sounds like you had a lovely Easter :) I'm sure we've all over-indulged just a little last weekend, but as you say you're back on it, most of it will probably be water weight and you'll be back to your slim 124 sooner than you know!

As for the coffee and free dessert, that has to be one of the most awfully tempting things ever! I always get mochas at uni and if they came with free desserts as well... let's just say I would have probably joined here somewhat heavier haha. They also do deals on cakes and flapjacks at the cinema when you buy hot drinks, and the Cherry Bakewell Flapjack is lovely, but I do try to resist most times! x

Thankfully, RawrGirl resisted this week. She not only didn't eat the free desserts all week, but she successfully kept her carbs low and probably hit Ketosis by Thursday. She also has yummy meals and snacks planned for this weekend that are all low or no carb, so that will help her get through. Her Ketosis goal is only till May 20th weekend, as a couple friend wants to do a LOTR marathon and there is no way RawrGirl could eat no carbs. She hasn't decided what to do for the lunch meal (she wants to cook/bake really cool entertaining/party stuff), but dinner will probably be delivery -- pizza, jalapeno poppers w/ cream cheese, and cheese steaks (hard to explain what a cheese steak is to people not on the US east coast, let alone another continent, but basically it is chip steak grilled with sauteed onions and smothered in cheese and then put on a toasted roll and drizzled w/ catsup).

So anyway, that leaves RawrGirl a full 2 weeks of being in Ketosis, so hopefully she can get to 122 by then (50 pounds lost) and then go from there. She still has some soft squishy bits so she is thinking she might try for 119 after that, and if still has squishy bits, maybe 114.

Hello hello! How are you getting on my dear? X

Hello hello! How are you getting on my dear? X

All right, I suppose. Weight was 126 Friday morning. Not too bad considering everything going on. Last weekend entertained for friends but Monday morning cut out all carbs full stop (save for veggies, of course). Tested for Ketosis on Thursday and stick was quite mauve, so was pleased. Am staying in Ketosis till the weekend of May 17th when going camping. Hoping to be 119 by then -- loss of 2.3 pounds a week. Have not been working out, but worked 5 days this week.

Other than that, things have been quite stressful. Poor teeneage son has been going through so much stuff -- unfair stuff -- at school. So much so, that RawrGirl will not be reenrolling him. In fact, she is going to homeschool him. He is finishing up 9th grade, but is only 2 credits shy of being an 11th grader. So he will do 2 credits over the summer, and then go to a home school co-op 2 days a week for math and science (RawrGirl is no good at math and chemistry/physics), plus Martial Arts, Drama, Driver's Ed, and Psychology. RawrGirl will teach him history and English at home. He is looking forward to it, but also disappointed to be leaving his friends, but it was his decision. He's just had enough of all the stress.

So yea, that is what's been going on. Plus RawrGirl has been working alot (helping out her boss with new stores and filling in for others people), but after next week, it should be back to normal -- working only 3 mornings a week. At least she has maintained her weight through all of this (just rollercoasting between 126 and 129). Anything below 130 pretty much makes RawrGirl happy, though she would like to between 119 and 122, at least for the summer.

Okay, sighing out. Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend!

RawrGirl has failed miserably as far as reaching goal or even maintaining. For awhile there, she was 129 every Friday, and 134 every Monday due to weekend splurges...but she hasn't seen 129 since May 17th. Last Friday, she was 131, the lowest she's seen in awhile, but Monday she was 139!!!! :eek:
She knows that a lot of that was water, but it was still the kick in the butt that she needed. This morning, the scale read 134.6, but she really wants to get back into the 120's ASAP as 129 was supposed to be her maximum upper limit. Ironic that she was thinner at Christmas than she is for the summer. *sigh*

So...never give up, never surrender. RawrGirl is getting her act together. She will see 129 soon, and then (eventually) 122...hopefully the latter sometime this summer, lol.

Well, RawrGirl did awesome last week. Friday's weight was 130.2. This Friday she is hoping to see 128.2. She joined the July Challenge in the hopes of finally reaching 50 pounds loss (122), so she will need to lose 2 pounds per week to make it.

RawrGirl made an awesome discovery this past weekend. Her mom had told her months ago about this new sweetener, that is actually 4 different types of REAL sugar, that cancel each other out in the body. So while it is the same as sugar (4 grams per tsp), the body only registers it as 1 gram per tsp (which also means the body only absorbs 1/4 of the calories as well). Her mom claimed that it baked perfectly since it was real sugar (RawrGirl had given up on low-carb/low-sugar baking as everything came out bitter or not sweet enough). RawrGirl was quite skeptical of this...VERY skeptical...and thus put off ordering it for months. But she finally went ahead and got some this weekend. She not only wanted to test it for baking/tasting quality, but also to see if it did not knock her out of Ketosis (which meant she really could count it as only 1/4 of sugar).

So...RawrGirl decided to make cupcakes, using CarbQuick as flour, with the additional twist of adding sugar-free/fat-free pudding to the mix to keep it moist (Carbquick/carbalose flour tends to be rather dry). OH MY GOSH!!!!! They were the most delicious, moist cupcakes RawrGirl has ever eaten. Prince Charming was equally impressed. RawrGirl made coconut cupcakes (with coconut extract, cheesecake pudding and cream cheese frosting), cheesecake cupcakes (the same as coconut minus the coconut extract) and chocolate cupcakes (with chocolate pudding and chocolate frosting made with unsweetened cocoa). There were about 30 cupcakes and we ate them all weekend (RawrGirl ate a few more than Prince Charming as he also had chocolates and ice cream).

The real test came Monday morning when RawrGirl jumped on the scale. On weekends she doesn't eat carbs, she usually gains about 1 pound a day (due to drinking Fri and Sat night). On weekends that she does eat carbs, she "gains" 4-9 pounds worth of water weight by Monday morning. Today, RawrGirl was only up 2 pounds. She only has one Ketosis stick left and doesn't feel like buying more, so she will test that tomorrow morning. If she is back in Ketosis (from the alcohol) that will also confirm that the sugar didn't knock her out. When RawrGirl eats carbs on the weekend, she is NEVER back in Ketosis until Thursday. RawrGirl supposes it doesn't even matter if she isn't in Ketosis, as the 15+ cupcakes didn't cause her to gain any weight, but it will still be nice to know that the sugar doesn't knock her out.

Anyway, RawrGirl is very excited. Weekends have been the only issue in her maintaining (and losing more) weight, as she never eats sweets all week long. So to know that she can indulge in eating delicious and moist baked goods every weekend without spiking her blood sugar, risking diabetes, or gaining weight is awesome!

Now she just needs to decide what to bake this weekend! :)

OMG that sound immense..............you must post the recipe as its making my mouth water lol. Why o Why is it the weekends that makes stuff so difficult. I just cant keep myself on the same straight and narrow at the weekend.

O yeah whats the sugar stuff called? xxx

OMG that sound immense..............you must post the recipe as its making my mouth water lol. Why o Why is it the weekends that makes stuff so difficult. I just cant keep myself on the same straight and narrow at the weekend.

O yeah whats the sugar stuff called? xxx

RawrGirl is baking again tomorrow (TGIF!) so she will post the recipe then. And the name of the sweetener is WheyLow (Sugar Made Healthy! Whey Low Natural Sweetener). She bought the 10 pound bag this time since it worked so well, which saves money. And they do ship to the UK! The white sugar substitute is Whey Low Granular, the brown sugar sub is Whey Low Gold, and the powdered sugar sub (for making cake frosting) is Whey Low Power.

Weigh-in tomorrow. :eek:

RawrGirl already peeked at the scale this morning (she peeked every morning this week, actually), and it said 129.4. She hasn't seen 129 anything since May 17th, but her goal for this week was 128.2 -- a 2 lb lost from last week. Not sure if that is going to happen, lol. Sometime in March she was as low as 126 (possibly 125 as that was what her minimins stats was before she updated her gain), but she doesn't remember ever seeing 125. Apparently she forgot. Hmmm.

RawrGirl is baking again tomorrow (TGIF!) so she will post the recipe then. And the name of the sweetener is WheyLow (Sugar Made Healthy! Whey Low Natural Sweetener). She bought the 10 pound bag this time since it worked so well, which saves money. And they do ship to the UK! The white sugar substitute is Whey Low Granular, the brown sugar sub is Whey Low Gold, and the powdered sugar sub (for making cake frosting) is Whey Low Power.

thanks honey im going to have a look xxxx

Wowzers how did RAWGIRL do it so fast xxxx

Well, RawrGirl ended up going out of Ketosis over the weekend (she had fried, breaded chicken fingers and onion rings for lunch Sunday, and 3 small slices of pizza for dinner). Apparently, that was way too much food, because a week later, and RawrGirl is still up 2 pounds...despite sticking to her diet perfectly all week.

:(

Look what RawrGirl bought this weekend!!!!

IMG_20130909_213051.jpg

RawrGirl is tired of every time she goes on a holiday or has a Christams break, she gains 10 pounds. She and Prince Charming went away for one week -- RawrGirl left at 129 pounds, and a month later and she is still up 5 pounds on Friday's mornings (weigh-in day) around 134, and 139 on Monday mornings. :eek: (She had been 129 on Friday's and 134 on Monday's). Who knows how high she was when she came back from holiday -- she refused to get on the scale. :(

So anyway, RawrGirl bought this super awesome weight machine so that she can build a little bit of muscle and actually raise her metabolism enough that she can maintain her weight EVEN on holiday. Wish her luck!

How are you getting on Rawrgirl, i enjoy reading your blogs :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

RawrGirl is not doing so well. Ever since holiday the first week of August she cannot seem to get under 133, let alone back to 129. And today (weigh-in day) she is 135.6. Very frustrating as last week she was 133.4 (the lowest since holiday). She is beginning to think something is seriously wrong with her metabolism, as the reason for the gain is Wednesday night she ate dinner at a buffet because Prince Charming's friends were here to visit...HOWEVER, RawrGirl ate a huge salad with fat-free dressing, and then chicken with the tiniest amount of pasta and stuffing. Then she had another salad to not eat more, and then sampled several desserts (were are talking literal, bite-sized portions). So how in the world did RawrGirl gain 2 pounds from that in an otherwise, typical diet week?????

RawrGirl is currently finishing her 2nd week of iodine supplementing as this could be a possible reason for a faulty metabolism, but she doesn't know if it is her metabolism or lack of iodine AND if person supplements with iodine and they don't need it, it will slow down metabolism. But she has to wait another few weeks for the iodine to kick in and "restart" her thyroid (if that is the problem). Meanwhile she waits in flux, hoping she is not killing her metabolism, eating her typical diet that got her as low as 126 and working out almost every other day (again, just like when she got to 126). So all is very frustrating. :(

Enough about RawrGirl. How are you doing?

Have you checked your thyroid to ensure its not under-active? I was struggling to lose weight no matter what i did, and it turned out my thyroid was under-active. I now take Thyroxin and now find if i am on a diet i can lose the lbs.
A 2lbs gain could also be down to what time of the month it is. You may find the following week you have a big loss of 3-4lbs to compensate. Keep going though you're doing amazingly!

Im doing ok thanks, my first weigh in is Monday so we shall see! xx

RawrGirl bit the bullet and updated her profile to show her weight gain. *sigh* At least today was weigh-in, and she was 132.2 (rather than 134ish). Prince Charming and her are doing a semi-protein shake diet. She says semi, because the original goal was to drink all shakes, but they are eating a mini lunch and a mini dinner, and drinking 2 shakes, rather than 4 shakes. RawrGirl likes her food. She lost 1.8 pounds this week, and Prince Charming lost 3 pounds -- which is probably pretty good seeing as how we ate all our favorites all weekend long last weekend before the diet started. (Pounds lost compare to the weight BEFORE the weekend).

RawrGirl is going on holiday on the 26th, and hopes to at least be under 129, and is hoping for 127.

For very good news, she lost about an inch in her waist!!!! At 129, she had been 27.5 inch waist. At 134, she had been 29.5 inch waist. 2 bloody inches for 5 pounds. Anyway, she is about 28.5/28.75 right now, so that is much better. :)

DateJan 2010July 2
July 13July 20July 27Aug 24*Aug 31Sept 14Sept 28Oct 5Oct 19**Oct 26Nov 2Nov 9Nov 16Dec 7Dec
Dec 21NOV
DEC
TOTALGoal
Weight172162?158?155?155?154?152?150?148?146?
144?142?140?138135?132?129

?
Waist

-527/26
Navel

-7n/a
Hips

-437/36
Arm

-1.5011/10
Thigh

-2.7522/21

RawrGirl can't believe a year has gone by....at least she mostly maintained her weight loss all year (within 5 pounds). But it would be nice to actually maintain below 129.

Last edited:
Back