Blimp to Bombshell: RawrGirl's Weight Loss Diary

And now, RawrGirl starts on her Christmas baking. :D

Low-Carb, sugar-free pumpkin cakesters
Low-Carb sweet potatoes
No sugar added cranberry sauce

RawrGirl never decided on a dessert, so she guesses she will just have to try and eat very small portions of what is served. She did however get her baked (not fried) Cheetos to snack on, and she is bringing a veggie platter with doctored spinach dip (added cream cheese and Parmesan cheese). So she hopes to snack a lot on veggies to get that crunch / do something with your hands thing while everyone eats dessert and then just have a few cookies, rather than eat cookies all night long. Wish her luck!

So RawrGirl is super excited to start a maintenance diary in the maintenance thread! She's trying to think what to name it...

RawrGirl's Maintenance Dairy -- sounds rather boring

Bombshell Forever -- sounds arrogant when at goal, lol...back when RawrGirl was a blimp it didn't sound vain to say she wanted to be a bombshell, but to be at goal and claim to be a bombshell just doesn't sound right, lol.

Ooooo! What if all of us -- TweekedGirl, Squishy, RawrGirl, and Nettee, and anyone else -- who plans on keeping a Maintenance Diary for at least a year (Squishy and RawrGirl already vowed to do this!) and we called ourselves Team Skinny!

So mine would be RawrGirl's Team Skinny Maintenance Dairy, Squishy's would be Squishy's Team Skinny Maintenance Dairy, etc. (although Squishy is not very squishy, is she? :D). We could be the Team Skinny Girls and create Team Skinny Challenges, and everyone can come to ooh and aah at our before and after pics and we can encourage and motivate others to keep at it and....

...and maybe RawrGirl is a bit too buzzed from her weigh-in, lol...

But does that sound good/fun?

New Years Eve Dilemma

So RawrGirl didn't know what she could wear to New Year's Eve party with friends as nothing fits her any more and she has no money...but today she and Prince Charming went to Goodwill and RawrGirl found an amazing black wrap dress (in a size 2!) that fit her for only $3.75!

So the problem is, RawrGirl wants to pair it with her boots so she doesn't freeze. Prince Charming thinks boots make it look like a hooker outfit. So RawrGirl decided to let her Minimins friends decide.

With boots?

2012-12-22 12.59.17_Newark_Delaware_US.jpg

Or with sandals?

2012-12-22 13.04.00_Newark_Delaware_US.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my goodness you look stunning! Look how slim you are! People won't recognise you, the dress shows off your figure amazingly well.

Such a hard decision! I think boots and sandals both look great. If I HAD to choose, I would pick the sandals because they show off your fab legs better. You really do have amazing legs! But if you were going to be freezing all night, go for the boots. You certainly don't look like a hooker!

Or how about the sandals with a cosy pair of socks?!! :)

Oh yea - I'm with squishy - sandals with wooly socks - preferably striped ones :D
And OMG, I am so jealous of your knees (and the rest of you too but I have super huge knees and so particularly jealous of those). Oh and I think I'd wear the sandals - but the boots do not like hooker boots ... .

So RawrGirl is super excited to start a maintenance diary in the maintenance thread! She's trying to think what to name it...

RawrGirl's Maintenance Dairy -- sounds rather boring

Bombshell Forever -- sounds arrogant when at goal, lol...back when RawrGirl was a blimp it didn't sound vain to say she wanted to be a bombshell, but to be at goal and claim to be a bombshell just doesn't sound right, lol.

Ooooo! What if all of us -- TweekedGirl, Squishy, RawrGirl, and Nettee, and anyone else -- who plans on keeping a Maintenance Diary for at least a year (Squishy and RawrGirl already vowed to do this!) and we called ourselves Team Skinny!

So mine would be RawrGirl's Team Skinny Maintenance Dairy, Squishy's would be Squishy's Team Skinny Maintenance Dairy, etc. (although Squishy is not very squishy, is she? :D). We could be the Team Skinny Girls and create Team Skinny Challenges, and everyone can come to ooh and aah at our before and after pics and we can encourage and motivate others to keep at it and....

...and maybe RawrGirl is a bit too buzzed from her weigh-in, lol...

But does that sound good/fun?

Just seeing this now! Count me in! Go Team Skinny!

Yay -- Go Team Skinny!

Okay...so since it seems to be unanimous not to wear the boots, RawrGirl will probably try to find some pumps on New Years Eve (hopefully she'll get some money for Christmas) so atleast she won't have frostbitten piggies, lol. Will keep you all informed!

RawrGirl leaves to see her family tomorrow and may not have much computer access over the next 10 days, but she will try to drop in here while she is gone...at least to let you all know if her family noticed her weight loss and what they said. But if things get way to hectic and she doesn't get a chance....

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO SQUISHY, TWEAKED GIRL, LARGERTHANMOST, NETTEE, AND EVERYONE ELSE ON MINIMINS!!!!

:26::26::26:

And thank you all for being such great friends!!!

Have a fantastic Christmas Rawrgirl! Will see you very soon looking skinny in the new year :D x

Hey RawrGirl fist of all you look stunning! what a figure! If I were you I would probably wear this skinny dress all the time regardless of weather and occasion :)
well done and thank you for posting such inspirational photos!

regarding the Christmas baking, have you heard of Teff flour? it is pure protein grain that doesn't contain sugar or gluten, it is packed with protein and magnesium,vit B,niacyn, iron, etc... it is a very versatile flour that can be use in baking bread, cookies, making pasta, crust etc... there is loads of receipes on the internet. I am on Lipotrim 100% so at the moment I only live on shakes but when I start maintanance I am planning to bake my own teff bread (white or brown, they are both good), making my own pasta etc...
Enjoy your Christams! and you look good in both the sandals and the boots as well, stylish and elegant!
x

Yay -- Go Team Skinny!

Okay...so since it seems to be unanimous not to wear the boots, RawrGirl will probably try to find some pumps on New Years Eve (hopefully she'll get some money for Christmas) so atleast she won't have frostbitten piggies, lol. Will keep you all informed!

RawrGirl leaves to see her family tomorrow and may not have much computer access over the next 10 days, but she will try to drop in here while she is gone...at least to let you all know if her family noticed her weight loss and what they said. But if things get way to hectic and she doesn't get a chance....

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO SQUISHY, TWEAKED GIRL, LARGERTHANMOST, NETTEE, AND EVERYONE ELSE ON MINIMINS!!!!

:26::26::26:

And thank you all for being such great friends!!!

Have an absolutely fantastic break, Christmas and New Year. Looking forward to sharing a skinny 2013 together here on Minimins. X

Hi rawgirl hope you are having a lovely break, i can see your pics properley now on a bigger Monitor they look good and you look amazing. Well done a realy good Journey hun.
Boots sandlas id do the boots as they are sexy chick rough but classey.

Bit like angelina in gone in 60 seconds! one hot muma oooo my word.
Have a lovel;y time tonight xx

RawrGirl is Back

Happy New Year's Eve to everybody!!! RawrGirl trusts everyone had a lovely Christmas!

RawrGirl had a very nice holiday and is finally back home and thinks she gained about 9 pounds...maybe six. She's not sure. And this is despite quite a bit of exercise. :/

She doesn't think getting on the scale is a good idea, but she took her measurements as her size 6 jeans are awfully snug. :(

Her waist is up 1.75 inches -- 29.25 (before Christmas, she was 27.5). This is very sad.

However, her arm measurements are only up .25, but her hips and thigh are up .75. So this correlates with a weight of 138-135 (before Christmas was 129).

Maybe it's mostly water weight from eating carbs, but maybe not. Either way she is disappointed as she is going to a New Year's Eve party tonight and really wanted to feel mentally confident knowing she was 129 with a 27.5 inch waist. O well. Hopefully she can get back there soon.

Thankfully, Christmas is but once a year.

And...the New Year's dress still fits, so that is good.

Welcome back Bombshell! Missed you here.

Have just updated my diary too. Damn you Christmas, I love you and all that you bring but I'm glad you only visit once a year!!

I suppose if we want to look on the bright side, we are starting 2013 with the same old resolution to lose weight, but we only have a small amount to shift now, compared to previous years! We achieved so much in 2012 that this will be a breeze :)

Hope you had a wonderful time with your families? Did they recognise you? My sister couldn't stop talking about how much weight I'd lost. In fact, my whole family (and in-laws) couldn't stop mentioning it, and I loved every minute of it!!

Here's to a happy, healthy, SLIM 2013. X

Have a great year Rawr girl, youve been on a good roll alot of the time so i think this year is going to be very different for you,
In a very positive and settling way
xxx

Thanks everyone!

People noticed/commented the first day. RawrGirl's brother noticed first and was like WOW, which was cool. Then mother and grandmother asked questions about diet and exercise. Grandmother asked for soup recipe. :) Mother wasn't really interested in exercise routine so not interested in the diet, since RawrGirl told her it wasn't good for the metabolism unless she lifted weights. Then at her in-laws, no one said anything until several days when RawrGirl made a comment in passing that she nearing goal...then MIL said that she'd noticed RawrGirl was looking quite slender. But she mentioned that she'd tried low-carb for 4 days and felt constipated so it wasn't the diet for her.

O well. To each it's own. RawrGirl probably shouldn't be surprised, but it just seems odd that people will keep doing the same thing over and over without results and not truly give something a real chance.

So...today's menu so far should be about 548. She's trying to shoot for around 500 calories a day until the 11th, just to get back to 129, and then return to 800 until goal (hopefully 2/15). But if she gets hungry, she will eat up to 800.

RawrGirl has no interest in exercise today, and she's been feeling down for the last couple days (not sure why), but hopefully tomorrow her spirits will have improved and she will do Shred again.

So last night, RawrGirl was watching Midsomer Murders and Barnaby and Troy were eating club sandwhiches which looked really good, so RawrGirl bought some turkey slices and made a turkey club on her low-carb wrap for breakfast. Quite nice. And, she bought Calcium in chocolate chew form as she has such a hard time swallowing calcium pills that she sometimes skips all her vitamins just because she doesn't feel like struggling through the swallowing...so now she will take them every day. Yay.

Well, nothing else to report. Glad everyone had a great Christmas!

Thanks everyone!

People noticed/commented the first day. RawrGirl's brother noticed first and was like WOW, which was cool. Then mother and grandmother asked questions about diet and exercise. Grandmother asked for soup recipe. :) Mother wasn't really interested in exercise routine so not interested in the diet, since RawrGirl told her it wasn't good for the metabolism unless she lifted weights. Then at her in-laws, no one said anything until several days when RawrGirl made a comment in passing that she nearing goal...then MIL said that she'd noticed RawrGirl was looking quite slender. But she mentioned that she'd tried low-carb for 4 days and felt constipated so it wasn't the diet for her.

O well. To each it's own. RawrGirl probably shouldn't be surprised, but it just seems odd that people will keep doing the same thing over and over without results and not truly give something a real chance.

So...today's menu so far should be about 548. She's trying to shoot for around 500 calories a day until the 11th, just to get back to 129, and then return to 800 until goal (hopefully 2/15). But if she gets hungry, she will eat up to 800.

RawrGirl has no interest in exercise today, and she's been feeling down for the last couple days (not sure why), but hopefully tomorrow her spirits will have improved and she will do Shred again.

So last night, RawrGirl was watching Midsomer Murders and Barnaby and Troy were eating club sandwhiches which looked really good, so RawrGirl bought some turkey slices and made a turkey club on her low-carb wrap for breakfast. Quite nice. And, she bought Calcium in chocolate chew form as she has such a hard time swallowing calcium pills that she sometimes skips all her vitamins just because she doesn't feel like struggling through the swallowing...so now she will take them every day. Yay.

Well, nothing else to report. Glad everyone had a great Christmas!

Well done for all your weight loss so far, you look amazing! :)

Have you been eating 500cals throughout the diet? As that seems really low to me, but has obviously worked well for you.

Well done for all your weight loss so far, you look amazing! :)

Have you been eating 500cals throughout the diet? As that seems really low to me, but has obviously worked well for you.

Thanks Coopsy!

No, usually RawrGirl eats 800 calories Mon--Thurs, 1500 on Fri and Sat, and 1200 on Sun, plus she lifts heavy weights 6x a week to keep her metabolism from slowing down. But since she gained over Christmas, she lowered her Mon-Thurs calories to 500 just to try to get back to pre-Christmas weight by next Friday. She doesn't go that low very often and not for very long (maybe 2 weeks, plus I eat more on weekends).

Back