Blimp to Bombshell: RawrGirl's Weight Loss Diary

RawrGirl misses being 129!!! :rant2:

Ok, temper tantrum over.

So yesterday ended up being around 700 as RawrGirl was hungry and ate some cauliflower casserole with dinner and then later snacked on red pepper and spinach dip.

Today, RawrGirl woke up famished so she's already eaten breakfast. Not a good sign, lol. She tries to push breakfast off till about 10am. O well.

On a good note, RawrGirl has not been to church in months because we've not had the gas (we were forced to move a few years ago pretty far away, but RawrGirl loves her church and doesn't want to go to a different one), but RawrGirl's church friends bought her a gas card for Christmas! Which of course means...a trip to Goodwill for an outfit as no other clothes fit her!

RawrGirl loves having to shop because everything in her closet is too big! :D

Yay -- Go Team Skinny!

Okay...so since it seems to be unanimous not to wear the boots, RawrGirl will probably try to find some pumps on New Years Eve (hopefully she'll get some money for Christmas) so atleast she won't have frostbitten piggies, lol. Will keep you all informed!

RawrGirl leaves to see her family tomorrow and may not have much computer access over the next 10 days, but she will try to drop in here while she is gone...at least to let you all know if her family noticed her weight loss and what they said. But if things get way to hectic and she doesn't get a chance....

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO SQUISHY, TWEAKED GIRL, LARGERTHANMOST, NETTEE, AND EVERYONE ELSE ON MINIMINS!!!!

:26::26::26:

And thank you all for being such great friends!!!

Just found all this - thanks for thinking of me and hope you had a great Christmas too. Team skinny sounds good - I am not at all sure how maintenance is going to go for me so extra motivation would be great. Wll done on your pre Christmas weigh in too! A for the Christmas gain - Quickly on quickly off xx

Hope the measuring goes well today ! I know you're disappointed not to be 129 again yet but you can be very proud of what you've achieved ...and what lovely friends to buy you a gas card ...enjoy church in your new outfit ! Spalmon

Measurements Update

RawrGirl is trying not to be to discouraged. Really...what could she expect after only 2 days?

Compared to Dec 31st when she took her measurements (and then had 2 more days of holiday), RawrGirl lost .5 in her waist. Everything else STS. The numbers in parenthesis reflect her gain since December 21st measurements.

Anyway...

Waist: -.5 (+1.25)
Navel: STS (+3) :eek:
Hips: STS (+.75)
Thigh: STS (+.75)

So comparing measurements in her chart, RawrGril is still around 135. :(

129, oh 129, wherefore art thou, 129?

RawrGirl is trying not to be to discouraged. Really...what could she expect after only 2 days?

Compared to Dec 31st when she took her measurements (and then had 2 more days of holiday), RawrGirl lost .5 in her waist. Everything else STS. The numbers in parenthesis reflect her gain since December 21st measurements.

Anyway...

Waist: -.5 (+1.25)
Navel: STS (+3) :eek:
Hips: STS (+.75)
Thigh: STS (+.75)

So comparing measurements in her chart, RawrGril is still around 135. :(

129, oh 129, wherefore art thou, 129?

Don't be disheartened. The fact that the biggest gain is at your navel means that you are probably bloated and carrying water weight. Hopefully this will disappear very soon (for both of us!) x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Retail Therapy

So RawrGirl went to Goodwill yesterday and found a very nice grey sweater wrap dress that she will wear with her black boots to church tomorrow (which is followed by a one year old's birthday party). this will be the first time she sees most of her church friends since she's lost weight so it will be interesting if any of them notice/comment. (RawrGirl will have Prince Charming take a pic tomorrow when she's wearing it).

She also found a bunch of v-neck tops more suited for spring/summer but they were too good to pass up. And she got a very sexy dress to wear on Valentines. It fits perfectly now...but RawrGirl assumes that it will still fit as it's only fitted around the ribs. It's very pretty, a light burgandy, v-neck, empire waist with jewels, and then sheer and flowy to just above the knee. It might be a bridesmaid dress...at least it's very similar. RawrGirl will have a pic taken Valentines weekend...hopefully that will be her "I reached goal" pic. :D

One of RawrGirl's friends LOVES to shop and tried dragging RawrGirl on many shopping excursions which RawrGirl was never really interested in because she would never spend money on clothes before. But she's and this other girl are now planning a shopping trip in March, so that will be fun.

Foodwise, RawrGirl isn't doing that great. 100 extra calories last night. And will probably go over a bit today too. And still no motivation to exercise. RawrGirl feels like it's because she's not 129. If she was 129, she would be fully motivated to lose more and reach 122. But since she's gained, she's just doesn't feel like working on losing the same weight twice. But if she doesn't get her butt moving, there is no way she will be 129 by this coming Friday. Grrr, grrr, grrr!

For now she is just focused on staying in ketosis esp at the party tomorrow, to ensure that every bit of exercise she does do next week is burning fat and not sugar stored in her muscles.

Okay...'nuff complaining.

Last edited:
Well done on your weight loss RawrGirl xx

Day 1 of the Valentines Ultimate Goal Challange

So...5 weeks to lose 13 pounds...unless of course, the scale says something glorious Friday like 129 as that would mean 7 pounds in the remaining 4 weeks which is much more realistic. *sigh* Must exercise much this week!

Oh...here is a pic of the sweater dress RawrGirl wore to church yesterday. For church, she wore a black cami underneath, thus the dress can do double duty as a sexy date dress in the winter (it's very warm and comfy!).

2013-01-06 09.45.28_Newark_Delaware_US.jpg

Lol -- that black and yellow striped thing on the door in the background is RawrGirl's weight/pulley contraption she for her workouts. It is phenomenal and was only $30 and allows for exercises that without it she would need a variety of dumbbells or not be able to do some exercises at all (such as adductors and abductors). High recommended.

Anyway...here is the dress RawrGirl will wear to the Valentines Day Couple dinner on February 9th. She already knows it fits her, but she'd like to be very close to goal, i.e. have her back and arms quite toned by then. :D

IMG_20130107_085843.jpg

RawrGirl got a new phone yesterday (which still won't go on Minimins despite the fact that her brother's phone by a different carrier will -- grrr!), which has a better camera, but the flash added a blue tint to everything. Point being, the dress is cranberry colored. RawrGirl bought it on Friday from the charity shop for only $5.00. :D

So now RawrGirl is going to attempt to get off Minimins and actually go exercise. Wish her luck...

Last edited:
Hope i'm not interrupting your exercise...!!

I love the sweater dress! I used to have a few of these the last time I lost weight (around my wedding) and I loved them. So comfortable and they look great on curvy (yet super slim :)) figures like ours. They're quite hard to find nowadays over here. H&M used to always have one or two stlyes/patterns but not any more.

Valentines dress also fab! Great to know it fits already. Hope it doesn't fall off your skinny self by Feb 9th!!

Have a great day. I'm off to update multiple threads while little lady naps! x

WOW RawrGirl... You look amazing xx

You look fantastic RawrGirl I'd kill to have a figure like yours.

Aww...thanks! And you will get there!

Although we are a similar weight your figure is totally different to mine, think you must be more muscle whereas I'm still carrying fat cells! Really must make an effort to start exercising & tone myself up but I'm such a lazy moo at times lol

Well, RawrGirl is 3 inches taller than you, which has to be taken into consideration. Weight charts give 5 pounds per inch and a 10 pounds for body frame. So a person who is 5'5 and medium frame and weighed 130 pounds would look the same/have same BMI (bodyfat%) as a person at 5'8 if that person was also medium frame but weighed 145.

In fact, if you look at what Minimins determined your goal BMI based on your goal weight (listed with your stats under your name), your Goal BMI is 23 and your Current BMI is 24.3. RawrGirl's Current BMI is 21.5 and her Goal BMI is 20.3. So regardless of weight, we would "look" the same if our BMI were the same, not our weights. That make sense?

Also, yes, exercise (predominantly lifting weights) is what helps lower your BMI. BMI/Body Mass Index is often considered synonymous with body fat percentage. The more muscle a person has, the less fat they have % wise, and the more toned they look. 19% is considered the lowest healthy BF%.

And while Minimins probably takes into consideration height when determining BMI, it probably doesn't take into account frame. In other words, a small-framed 5'2 person with a BMI of 19 would weigh approx 108, a medium framed 5'2 person with the same BMI would weigh approx 118, and a large-framed 5'2 person with the same BMI would weigh 128. But all three of them would look just as toned/void of flab (though they might be a size 2, 4, and 6 respectively due only to bone structure).

Hope that wasn't too confusing!

Valentines dress also fab! Great to know it fits already. Hope it doesn't fall off your skinny self by Feb 9th!! x

No worries...it's an empire so the tightest part is around RawrGirl's ribs, which undoubtedly isn't going to shrink, hehe. Her goal is just to be super toned in the arms, shoulders, and back. :)

Aww...thanks! And you will get there!

Well, RawrGirl is 3 inches taller than you, which has to be taken into consideration. Weight charts give 5 pounds per inch and a 10 pounds for body frame. So a person who is 5'5 and medium frame and weighed 130 pounds would look the same/have same BMI (bodyfat%) as a person at 5'8 if that person was also medium frame but weighed 145.

In fact, if you look at what Minimins determined your goal BMI based on your goal weight (listed with your stats under your name), your Goal BMI is 23 and your Current BMI is 24.3. RawrGirl's Current BMI is 21.5 and her Goal BMI is 20.3. So regardless of weight, we would "look" the same if our BMI were the same, not our weights. That make sense?

Also, yes, exercise (predominantly lifting weights) is what helps lower your BMI. BMI/Body Mass Index is often considered synonymous with body fat percentage. The more muscle a person has, the less fat they have % wise, and the more toned they look. 19% is considered the lowest healthy BF%.

And while Minimins probably takes into consideration height when determining BMI, it probably doesn't take into account frame. In other words, a small-framed 5'2 person with a BMI of 19 would weigh approx 108, a medium framed 5'2 person with the same BMI would weigh approx 118, and a large-framed 5'2 person with the same BMI would weigh 128. But all three of them would look just as toned/void of flab (though they might be a size 2, 4, and 6 respectively due only to bone structure).

Hope that wasn't too confusing!

Errr no not at all (baffle me with science why don't you lol). I'm kidding it makes a lot of sense, quite the wise one aren't you :) x

Figure Skating Meladrama

Sorry this is so long, but RawrGirl really needed to vent.

Okay...so, as RawrGirl mentioned a bit ago, she agreed to pair skate with an elderly man since he would pay for coaching (which RawrGirl desperately needed as figure skating is not a sport you can learn/advance in without a coach). But RawrGirl is not sure if she mentioned just how frustrating this man could be, or that he was criticizing RawrGirl in private emails to the coach. The first time RawrGirl found out about this was when the pair partner accidentally sent her the email by mistake. The second time was their last coaching session before Christmas when the coach told her the man was still doing it, and that they were so bad that if the coach forwarded them to her, she wouldn't skate with him anymore.

So anyway...RawrGirl was very upset all over again, and is so tired of this man always changing the routine when the coach isn't there, and always being right, and RawrGirl is always the one who is doing it wrong, or practicing wrong, etc. And he projects what he can't do onto RawrGirl, in that he tells the coach that RawrGirl isn't comfortable skating backwards, or RawrGirl couldn't skate a 6 min routine so they need to keep it short (at that comment the coach looked at RawrGirl and was like what???) So anyway, not only is RawrGirl comfortable skating backwards, RawrGirl can skate backwards very fast, and on one foot! Which the coach pointed out to the man. And as for not being able to skate for 6 minutes??? RawrGirl mentioned that she lifted weights 6x a week and did Jillian Michael's shred everyday, and so the coach said to the pair partner: she's an athlete.

Anyway...all that was right before Christmas, and RawrGirl was very happy to have a break, and last Wednesday she feigned being sick and canceled skating because she still wasn't ready to deal with him again, but went today as she knew she couldn't keep skipping it.

Well, he frustrated her to no end again today...so RawrGirl finally confronted him with everything, and he merely defended/justified himself for being critical, and RawrGirl said an apology would be nice, and he said he was sorry RawrGirl was frustrated but basically that that wasn't his fault. So, RawrGirl told him she was no longer skating with him.

Now, this man has wanted to do pair skating for years, (he's been skating for 9-10 years now), and has had other partners but NONE of them ever made it to a competition/exhibition with him. In fact, months ago, he laughing said that all his friends had betted that I would have dropped him by now as all his other partners had. RawrGirl knew he was a bit hard to deal with at times, but she tolerated him because she wanted the coaching.

But today, he accused RawrGirl of trying to knock him onto the ice after he kept insisting they skate backwards together while holding hands even though RawrGirl kept telling him that they should first skate side by side backwards and find a mutual pace. He kept insisting they hold hands, so they did, but then he just stood there rather than skate, making RawrGirl literally drag him along -- which is when he accused her of trying to pull him/knock him onto the ice. That's when RawrGirl had it, and confronted him again about the emails that were still going on, and told him that she agreed to pair skate with him because she thought they were friends, but that friends don't do that, etc. etc. This is when he justified himself, and RawrGirl said she was no longer skating with him and left the rink.

Now HERE is where it gets really interesting.

RawrGirl was very upset driving home because she couldn't "tolerate" the old man and just "threw away" coaching. So when she got home, she emailed the coach (for the first time, btw, as RawrGirl has never emailed him criticizing her partner), and asked if there was any way he could possibly coach her once a month for 20 minutes at $40 as that was all she could afford (and barely that, though she didn't say that part.)

Anyway...the coach got back to her with this: My rate for lessons are $24 for 20 minutes. I am not sure what you meant by asking for a 20 minute lesson for $40. You can get a 30 minute lesson for $36.

RawrGirl's Reply: Wow, okay. "Pair partner" told me that he paid $65 a lesson and that was already a discount because he was a "special" case being older.

Coach's Reply: I don't even know how to respond to this. I don't know any coaches that charge $65 for 30 minutes. LOL! And "pair partner" definitely does not get any discounts, nor does anybody for that very reason that once you do it for one student, you should do it for all!

So...yea...um, RawrGirl is not sure what to think of all this. Well, obviously she is ecstatic that she has a coach!!!! But she's trying to figure out why her pair partner lied to her. Why did he want her to think she couldn't afford coaching? Which reminds RawrGirl of another thing he lied about...about doing the exhibition. RawrGirl agreed to pair skating for the sole purpose of being in the exhibition. They talked about costumes, had picked out their music, and even edited the music down to the allowed time. So one day RawrGirl mentioned it to the coach asking if he could help with the routine. The coach turned to the pair partner and said, "oh you two will be in the exhibition?", and pair partner shook his head no, so RawrGirl spoke up and said, "yes we are, that's why were pair skating, it's all we've talked about", and he tried shushing her! Anyway...because the coach was there, the pair partner gave in and let the coach design a routine which we'd been practicing the last month or so.

But with everything that happened today, RawrGirl is really confused. What was the point of pair skating if the man had never intended to pair skate in the exhibition to begin with? And why did he lead her to believe she couldn't afford a coach? What was the point? Just to hold hands?

RawrGirl would think that was rather creepy except if he was a creeper, why wouldn't he have wanted to Ice Dance. Ice Dancing is very intimate, and you are much closer than just holding hands but pair partner HATES ice dancing, criticizes it profusely, and refuses to do any move that even remotely looks like Ice Dancing. In contrast, pair skating is almost as far apart as you can be (holding hands at arms length apart).

So anyway, the point is...if it was an Ice Dancing partner he wanted, RawrGirl could "fill in the blanks" with why he was lying to her about stuff this whole time. And it's not like he hasn't done exhibitions before and is shy or something, because he told RawrGirl all about them (unless they were all lies to).

Anyway...point is, RawrGirl is FREE of this man's lies, stubbornness, and criticisms AND she still has a coach! Not only that, but one-on-one coaching now, which means RawrGirl can start working on more advanced moves.

Again, sorry that was so long, but RawrGirl needed to vent out her very emotional roller-coaster of a day which fortunately ended very well, and RawrGirl can look forward to skating again instead of dreading it! :)

Sounds like you have done the right thing - what a horrible situation. Enjoy your skating.

Wow RawrGirl. I was so happy to see a happy ending to that post. What a strange strange man. I can't work out what his motives were at all! But I can see why nobody else has ever lasted as his partner. There's only so much anyone can take! He will end up a lonely man. And you will do so much better without him!

Thanks, to both of you. He emailed a few minutes ago and thanked me for trying. RawrGirl told him that she hoped if he continued skating there that we could be friends (he lives in Dover so it's a 45 min drive but he started coming to the rink here in Newark in the hopes of finding a pair partner).

He has a wife so he's not lonely...unless you just meant he may not find someone else to skate with.

Back