BL's Moods and Foods diary

Sunday 28-12-08

12noon Porridge, cooked in water, coffee w/skim milk ½ cup blueberries
1pm coffee w/skim milk
2:30pm EXERCISE: Swim ½ hour, continuous
7:00pm Couscous and Chicken cooked with dry apricots, raisins and pine nuts. Roast veg: Carrots, peppers, sprouts and onions)

9:00pm Cottage Cheese, yogurt,m banana and pumpkin seeds.

10:30pm sugar free jelly

What a great weekend holiday!

Tuesday 30-12-08

8am 1 slice wholegrain toast, 1/2 pat of lo-cal spread

10am Yogurt, apple

12 noon - EXERCISE: 30 minute walk

12:30 LL Bar, Tofu & Brown Rice

5pm sugar free jelly

7pm mix of steamed carrots, broccoli, celery, cauliflower, green beans, courgette and corn with 1 oz chedder cheese grated over it. 2 poached eggs.

8pm 2 walnuts, yogurt, cranberries

Last edited:
Thanks LS. I have been making a good honest effort to get more active, and if the truth be known, I've actually enjoyed it, and I have enjoyed pushing myself. I now plot my walks in the direction of hill - something I avoided like the plague in the past....so I am enjoying it.

I think the exercise gets the credit for my 5.5 loss this past week. SO more incentive to stick to it. :) (Though the weight was due to come off as I had a spike the week prior by simply introducing bread - so quick on, quick off. BUt I know the exercise helped.

Thanks!! I thought of you when I got off my arse and did it!!! :D

Thanks LS. So far, energey level is good, and I am enjoying the activity! :)

Tuesday 31-12-08
9:30am Yoghurt and Cottage Cheese
11:00am 4 celebration pieces of chocolate
12:00pm 6 pieces Sushi Rolls, apple
3:00pm Hummous, carrots, celery, green pepper, 6 olives,2 chilis
5:00pm ¼ cup lo-fat granola, skim milk
7:00pm Tofu and Brown Rice, Courgette

9:00pm Greek Yogurt with mixed berries

Wednesday 01-01-09

7.30am 1.5 oz porridge cooked in water, with blueberries and pumpkin seeds
8:00am EXERCISE: 2 hour walk along the beach, some running
12:00pm Couscous and Chickpea salad, apple
2:30pm yogurt, lo-fat granola and ½ cup pomegranate seeds; Coffee w/skim milk
3:00pm EXERCISE: 45 minute brisk walk, some climbing
3:55pm: 2 small fresh apricots, 2 walnuts halves, 1-side dipped in white chocolate
5:00pm 1 oz Dark Chocolate
6:30pm Grilled Mahi-Mahi fish, mixed steamed veg (beans, broccoli, cauliflower, peas.)
8:00pm Starbucks Skinny Mocha; Mixed berries and Greek Yogurt.

Breakdown of days calories: 51 carb/24 protein/ 25 fat
Daily Calorie intake Target: 1357 to 1526
Calories consumed today: 1621
Calories burned: 486
Calories in: 1135

Feeling very good about how things are going. Suddenly, I seem to feel more control over the situation. Also, since my realization that I MUST make exercise a permanent part of my life if I ever hope to maintain, I have found I am thoroughly enjoying it, and I am pushing myself to try new things and to try harder and go further, etc. I am thinking early in the day ways to incorporate activity that day, etc. It’s a great thing, for me.

It is sinking in, that I can now, ‘technically’ have anything I want. No more written rules. It’s a rather liberating feeling. Though I have no intention fo doing anything silly. Its just nice – more feelings of being ‘normal’.

Been a very good couple of days.

Good for you BL

Happy New Year you 2.
You sound so much more in control BL and your food sounds yummy.
The exercise seems to be going well too.

LS you are inspirational in the exercise and stats department!
I'll be starting RTM from Monday so will be lookng for your advice ladies.
Happy slim and healthy 2009.
:eat::wow::party0051:

delighted ur "getting" it hun. well done on the exercise to chic xxx

Thanks gals!! :)

Friday 01-01-2008

9am: Yogurt, strawberries and small banana, coffee w/skim milk
10:30am coffee, skim milk
12:00noon Couscous Salad with Chickpea Dressing
1:30pm 3 celebration chocolates
3:00pm EXERCISE 20 minute walk in heels (just to see if I could :D)
6:00pm Mixed steamed veggies, ½ ear corn, 2 poached eggs
9:30pm Greek yogurt, berries, pomegranate seeds and granola

Breakdown of days % of calorie source: 49 carb/19.9 protein/31 fat
Daily Calorie intake Target: 1357 to 1526 (10% - 20% range, less then my BMR)
Calories consumed today: 1332
Calories burned: 60
Calories in: 1272

Saturday 03-01-09

7am Coffee with skim milk

9:00am EXERCISE: 1.5 hour walk-hill climbing
11:00am 1 Kwiw
12:00noon Porridge w/blueberries and raspberrys, pumpkin seeds
5:00pm 4 walnut halves, half dipped in choc (thats the last of those lovely xmas treats!)
6:30pm Chicken, roast parsnips, 1/2 little gem, 1/2 avocado, 1 oz cheese

9:00pm Yogurt with granola, pomegrante seeds

Breakdown of days % of calorie source: 45 carb/27 protein/28 fat
Calories consumed today: 1186
Calories burned: 324
Calories in: 872 a bit too low!! I was not hungry yesterday - very strange!

TOTAL CALORIES BURNED THIS WEEK: 1392

Sunday 04-01-09

10:30 Porridge, blueberries, pumpkin seeds
12:15pm EXERCISE: 1.5 hours walking
2:00pm Moroccan Chicken and couscous salad, on little gem with avocado, kiwi fruit and pomergranate seeds. Drizzled with Avocado Oil and Balsamic Vinegar. Pot of sugar free jelly. 10 Pistachios.
3:30pm coffee with skim milk
5:00pm 1 mango
6:30pm 5.1 oz Chicken leg and thigh, Broccoli/Cauliflour, parsnip
8:00pm 3 brazil nuts, dried apricot and dried berries, ¾ oz dark chocolate

9:30pm yogurt, berries

Breakdown of days % of calorie source: 46 carb/24 protein/30 fat
Calories consumed today: 1718 (oops! Good thing I walked 4.5 miles today!!)
Calories burned: 342
Calories in: 1376

Been a very busy day at work away from my PC, and until tonight had no working PC at home, so I did not complete as I had, so here is jst a summary of food today, etc. Will be more organized - I hope – tomorrow.

Couscous salad with Chickpeas, 2 apricots, 1 chocolate celebration, one LL Raisin bar, 4 oz. chicken, 1 muller light with pomegranates and pumpkin seeds.

3 cups of coffee, all with skim milk.

Breakdown of days % of calorie source: 45 carb/26 protein/29 fat

Calories consumed today: 1026
Calories burned thru exercise: 0
Calories in: 1026

Phew! Thats me caught up for the past few days without consistant internet connection!!

Tuesday 06-01-09

Another busy day at work, and have not eaten proper meals. But I am not going to get a chance to exercise today so just as well. I Will be glad when tomorrow goes back to normal.
6am Coffee, skim milk
9:30am coffee, skim milk
12:00pm 2.5 oz chicken, ½ avocado, 1 muller lite
4:00pm Coffee, skim milk
4:30pm cottage cheese, blackberries, pistachios and tsp ff sour cream, splenda brown sugar
7:00pm Tofu “Taco” Salad (Tofu, salsa, bell peppers, shredded lettuce, cheese, ff sour cream), Roast Carrots
7:30pm coffee, ski m milk

Breakdown of days % of calorie source: 40 carb/24 protein/36 fat

Daily Calorie intake Target: 1357 to 1526 (range is 10% - 20% , less then my BMR)

Calories consumed today: 1390
Calories burned thru exercise: 0
Calories in: 1390

Hi LS

I'm great, thanks! :) Just been busy like mad the last few days......got my head down with CV revision, writing cover letters, reading job classifieds, etc.

I am getting stressed out like crazy....if I am honest. But I am feeling great, and have actually lost nearly 10 pound the past two weeks. Had I been going through this last year I'd have put 10 pounds ON by now!! I just have a lot on my plate at the minute....job worries, sad to be leaving colleagues, financial woes, etc.,....BUT! The good news is, I am dealing with it really really well! Food has not entered into it at all!!! THere's been no need or desire to squelch it with food. Amazing!

I hope it calms down soon. BUt I will probably be nose deep in applications still for a good few days.

Thanks for checking! Hope you are doing well.

Yes its a new pic. I take one each day if I remember. It started as just to check my progress, but now I find it helps with keeping an eye on things too. A daily reality check. lol ;)

THanks - I forgot to mention to that I have been having real problems with the speed of my connection, and its taking my PC about a minute to turn a page. So I haven't been posting as much as its too frustrating!!!!!!!!!! Hope to get it repaired soon....it is driving me crazy. Its like having dial-up again! I think I hav reserved all my patience for the diet cause I don;t have much left for other things!! hehe

I was a bit shocked at this stage of the game to lose that much in two weeks myself!!! But quite happy to have the loss! Gotta be all that power walking that someone <won;t say who :giggle:> Got me to exercise! :D :D

XX

Weds 07-01-09

6am Coffee, skim milk
7am Coffee, skim milk
9:30am LL Raisin bar
10:30 coffee w/skim milk
12:00noon Yogurt, Tofu and carrots
12:30 EXERCISE: 30 Minute brisk walk
8:00pm Healthy Choice Chicken Lasagna.

Breakdown of days % of calorie source: 53 carb/31 protein/16 fat

Daily Calorie intake Target: 1357 to 1526 (range is 10% - 20% , less then my BMR)
Calories consumed today: 861
Calories burned thru exercise: 108
Calories in: 753 too low again!

I did not like having to eat the Frozen Lassagna, even if it was a 'healthy choice' or whatever. I am really trying to omit processed food entirely. In fact - thats the first time. but it was so late (after hours of discussion with OH about finances – which, well, that’s a whole other chapter about emotional triggers, which maybe I really should address. Hmmmmm…..I sense a stream of consciousness coming…..but I won;t go into it now)

Anyway, one of my lifestyle changes I am making permanent is to be done with dinner by 6:30 or 7pm at the latest. We used to eat between 8 and 9, sometimes later. Anyway, it was late, I was tired after spending the whole day completing job applications – one even 20 bloody pages long, and I probably won’t get the damn job anyway…lol…so it was a high stress day. I had this frozen lasagna in the freezer and I read the label – it all checked out….low fat, low carb, etc., so I felt that was better rather then trying to prepare something and then not eating until 8:30 or 9:00, and I was exhausted and wanted to go to bed and shut the day off. So I had it.

Thinking about last night, I have noticed and realised something today. I have looked over some of the days in my food diary over the last week or so, and some days, like today, I am not eating enough. And I realised I have been dealing with a lot of stuff….homesick through the holidays, big time…..redundancy and final notice given, now the panic to get a job in the next 3 weeks, ….taxes in the states need paying, I’ve been struggling with my own account, and talking about money nearly makes me physicaly ill (my ex and I had MAJOR MAJOR problems with money argument being the staple of our relationship – really horrible memories, and left me with sort of a “knee-jerk” reaction when money needs discussing. I just shut down and want to disappear. Its horrible really. Also, I realised on our last holiday in November that my arthritis is now presenting itself on the other side – my good side – of my neck. Slowly now, but unfortunately I know what lies ahead. ANd it is very difficult to sleep comfortably. Plus the waiting for an MRI for my hip – all this stuff, is starting to get on top of me a little bit. (I did see the consultant today so the request for MRI goes in now - plus some kind of electric test to test nerve damage progression or something)
So yeah - after loads of waffle - I think I am getting a little stressed.
But what is so blindingly amazing – is through all of this, I have not once reached for something to eat. Not once. Nor have I thought of it. In fact, I am eating less! Good grief – could I now be one of those “normal” people that stops eating when they get stressed??? Holy moly – LL really REALLY seems to have changed me……I just am starting to believe more and more , even with my wobbly doubtful moments – I am believing this is going to work.

A year ago, I’d barely be coming up for air – I would be burying myself in biscuits and bonbons and drowning myself in self-pity and soda.

Last edited:
Hi BL

Im just stopping by to see how your getting on. Still losing weigh I see and almost 10lbs!! Well done you thats great!! :D

Ive had a couple of weeks of struggling but Im back on it and losing the lbs. I just wanted to tell you that I was so scared about going to developers and after a few things this week almost decided not to go back but I remember you saying in one post to me that you really thought I had the right attitude and was going to suceed, it spurred me on and gave me courage to go to the meeting and keep going. So thanks!!! Your words have stayed with me!
xxxx

SO PROUD OF YOU GIRL***********

So many stresses you have at the moment. It's enough to make most people turn to food or drink and you have done neither.
Well done you.hank goodness all these things didn't happen to youa year ago.
You are so strong. Remember things will change - nothing stay the same.
Afriend of mine says that all these difficult situations we have to cope with are character building and make us the people we are.
It's true, but sometimes it would be cool to have a little less character!
Have tried to pm you and it says connection problems - I guess that's at your end.
Hang on in there, you're doing great.

Thursday 08-01-09
6:00am Coffee, skim milk
7:00am same
8:00am Porridge with blueberries, pumpkin seeds
2:00pm “Off the Waldorf Salad” :D (Cottage cheese, mix of cottage cheese, celery, apple, dried cherries, pomegranate and walnuts – vanilla yogurt)
3:10pm EXERCISE: 50 minute walk – hills
5:00pm 1.2 oz cheese, 7 green olives, ½ avocado, 2 sliced raw carrots, 10g Pistachios. Tomato Juice
5:30pm Coffee, skim milk
7:00pm 3 ounces Chicken, mashed sweet potato, cooked carrots
9:00 Muller lite
10:00 ½ Chocolate

Breakdown of days % of calorie source: 52 carb/20 protein/28 fat

Calories consumed today: 1582
Calories burned thru exercise: 144
Calories in: 1438

Went for my walk today – felt very sluggish after about 30 minutes. I think I am feeling the last few days short fall of calories. Feeling better now after my snack. Must be careful not to have days like that too often. I felt gipped on my walk – wanted to keep going but had a real crash in energy.

hey hunni, hope ur not stressing ur self out to much and are back eating what u should be. ur doing fab hunni, and are proving that u can eat normal after ll xxx

Back