Bluegirls journey to ar*e island

from a clinical perspective, the problem is tat anorexia and bulimia have a significant risk of death within one or two years. while obesity is a killer, it takes decades.

medical treatment of overeating is almost entirely ridiculous. it takes very little to imagine people in 100 years looking at our obesity treatments, from dieting, through orlistat to weightloss surgery, and being horrified. overeating is a psychological and hormonal problem (have a read up on grehlin and leptin) - taking a purely biomechanical approach to it is blindly treating the symptoms, but not the causes. and it doesn't work. healthy eating advice is great - i know loads about nutrition - but behavioural disorders do not pay heed to rational thought. I was prescribed orlistat, and all there seemed to be for me to eat was veg and carbs. I don't need encouraging to eat carbs. in two weeks on the pills i gained 10lbs. people find ways to overeat after weightloss surgery, and regain.

i have no great faith that CD is a long term solution for me. From where i am, i have lots of very clear thoughts about food... but i know it won't be that simple. so when i finish i will pay out privately for psychotherapy. it may or may not work, but i reckon it's my best shot.

Oh totally - the leptin and ghrelin connection are well documented, last week I was just reading up on sleep deprivation too, it decreased weight loss of a control group by 55% and why is that? Because of the naughty Ghrelin and leptin desensitisation.

If we want weight loss to work in the long term, we have to get used to the false signals that ghrelin produce to say we are hungry when we are not, probably eat small protein rich meals 6 times a day and get at LEAST 8 or 9 hours of good quality sleep a night (which obsese people who are prone to apnea probably dont)

It's about lifestyle change and management.

Spangle's - I am booking my EFT tomorrow, I will post to say how it goes later in the week. It could do something to help manage those insania cravings I keep getting even though I know I am NOT hungry.

EFT?

Emotional freedom technique - it's apparently very good for weight loss.

cool - keep us posted.

They aren't cravings they are little desires :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm really interested in how you get along with the EFT, I was considering CBT at some point during the journey but you've given me another option Bettiesrevenge.

Day 5 and the hardest bit done - concentrating in a telephone conference today! I'm now back at my hotel with only a tetra pack, a litre of water and strictly for company. Rock and Roll!

Weight in tomorrow, and I canna blimmin wait! X

Last edited:
bluegirl said:
I'm really interested in how you get along with the EFT, I was considering CBT at some point during the journey but you've given me another option Bettiesrevenge.

Day 5 and the hardest bit done - concentrating in a telephone conference today! I'm now back at my hotel with only a tetra pack, a litre of water and strictly for company. Rock and Roll!

Weight in tomorrow, and I canna blimmin wait! X

Mine too and it better be biiiiiiiiig!

X

Well chaps I've done it, week one completed, didn't go off plan at all, SS all the way and lost an incredible 7.5 lbs! That's as big as a baby! It's 15 packets of butter, it's blimmin amazing!

bluegirl said:
Well chaps I've done it, week one completed, didn't go off plan at all, SS all the way and lost an incredible 7.5 lbs! That's as big as a baby! It's 15 packets of butter, it's blimmin amazing!

Were same weigh days girl! Well done pumpakino!!! How chuffed are you!!!

X

yup. :D

bluegirl said:
I am the mostest chuffed I have ever been in week one of any diet. We CAN do this for another 7 days can't we?

Hell yes we can!!!

Were gonna be 2 stone lighter for x mas!

What was ur start weight?

X

I was 18 4.5 and lost 8 so 17 10.5, so if we lost 2 stone I'd be 16 4.5 by christmas, with a BMI of 32.8. Wouldnt that be wonderful? How about you, what are your stats like? Actually looking at your profile (at the side of your post)Hollywallydoolydooodadaaalala we have similar BMI's but you havent updated with this weeks loss!

I'm not sure that I have ever been this thirsty. I've drunk 3 litres today (day 7) and still I'm gasping. I'm hoping this is all normal and a good sign? I can only think its because I didn't drink enough yesterday, I woke up with a thirst too.

I've had a lovely delivery today from origins skincare. My favourite moisuriser is something that I swap between and a cheaper supermarket brand. Well, I can't tell you how much my sense of smell has changed. I could sniff it all day, it's lemony and lovely and mmmmmm I think I might need a citrus boost. Roll on next week when I can have the water additive!

Hope you're all having a good day xx

bluegirl said:
I was 18 4.5 and lost 8 so 17 10.5, so if we lost 2 stone I'd be 16 4.5 by christmas, with a BMI of 32.8. Wouldnt that be wonderful? How about you, what are your stats like? Actually looking at your profile (at the side of your post)Hollywallydoolydooodadaaalala we have similar BMI's but you havent updated with this weeks loss!

Started at 17.13 and now 17.5(well I was on weds)

I know it's cause I'm on my phone I can't update profile! X

Hey bluegirl finally managed to catch up on your diary you are doing really well.

Let me know how you get on with EFT.

Before I started on Monday I went for a hypnosis session. I have a big issue with fizzy drinks, I drink 2 -3 cans of cola or lemonade a day. I went for it and after the session I just seems to have rebelled and had 2 cans of cola. The next day I was starting CD but all these days I have not even had the urge of having Cola so I think the hypnosis helped. Today when I even saw Cola on the table I did not have the need to even drink it it's so not like me but I think the hypnosis session has helped me .

Hypnosis sounds good and great if it's worked for you. I was a Pepsi max drinker before and found the headaches from coming off the caffeine as bad as the diet restrictions.

I'm on day 9 today. I can't tell you it's been easy. I think week one was good because I was working away, but being at home, has been tougher. I have managed an hours walk today, and I felt ok. Bit hot and bothered but nothing terrible.

I spent last night feeling sorry for myself, I read various websites, forums, Facebook groups and the like about the diet, apart from this area it seems that everyone I talked to or read about was more interested in how to 'cheat', what foods and drink you can have to stay in ketosis but still lose, what to eat before you go out drinking. It got me really fed up. Why are people paying all this money to then work out how to cheat? Is it the sabotage thing that we emotional eaters have ingrained in us? Is it being afraid of being different amongst our family and friends? Is it that we are just not confident that we can do it?

Instead today I have tried not to think about my diet, I have tried to do lots of other things, and for me it feels better and much more positive. I don't want to sound ungrateful for the friendship that was shown me last night, be it made me feel sad and deprived, not positive and confident. So from this day forth I will stick to my mimimins positive chums and try and not become obsessed with those people who are determined to fail.

Happy sunday everyone xx

Hey Bluegirl

How's it going and how you finding your journey. Would be nice updating your experience and how you coping as picked a few good things from your diary.

Back