Blue's going from flab to fab in 2012

Blue Butterfly said:
I always get my totm the first week I start a vlcd, my periods are all over the place (sometimes go months without having one) but first week on exante and I KNEW it would turn up and it did!
I asked about why it keeps happening on the first week in the main forum, if you wanna know the answer you can always go check the thread out.

Well tonight I am absolutely knackered.
I wanted to watch a film but too tired to concentrate on one, didn't sleep well last night....nothing diet related, just noisy animals!

Lol our cats sleep in our room and they are also noisy ******* lol

Welcome back sweetie :) I'm joining you Monday :)

Week 1 weigh in

Well I shouldn't have been worried about not losing due to totm because I have lost...............
13 lbs :bliss:
I'm very happy with that.

I'm hoping week 2 will be as easy as week 1 was and that I manage to stay 100%.
Week 2 is often when I will cheat for no reason other than I'm at my mums and she goes on and on at me until I eat something, she convinces me that it's ok to have just 1 day off as I've been good for so long.
I know I shouldn't blame my poor mum! But it's true, I've not seen her this week and I've not had anyone try and tempt me with food at all.
She is a big lady herself so I wonder if she is trying to always sabotage my diet so I stay big like her or if she's just doing it because it's what she always does....offers people lots of food!

Have a great sunday everyone x

Wohoooooo! :D That's absolutely brilliant news Blue, what a fantastic start to the year!!

As far as your mum goes, I think whatever her reasons are, she's probably not aware of them...and they're more than likely to be down to her own insecurities than a conscious desire to sabbotage your weight loss.
I know that doesn't make things any easier when you're trying to stay strong, and I know how frustrating it is when you feel like someone isn't working with you or helping you to acheive your goal.

I think this week's weight loss will help you stay strong though! A good result is always a motivator to stay on track isn't it?
Have a great week!
x

Well done hunny that's fab :D

Why is it that even though I drink at least 3 litres of water a day I always have a dry mouth, it's bugging me!

I'm worried about loose skin as I have so much weight to lose, I know I'd rather have loose skin than lots of fat that is not good for my health but I still dont want to look all....flappy!!
Ages ago on here someone recommended Jergens skin firming lotion so I have started using that every day, obviously I'm not an already slim person hoping to tone up a little so I'm not expecting miracles from this stuff, but even if it doesn't help firm my skin up a little at least my skin will be soft and moisturised!
I'm going to keep using it no matter what because it smells lovely and leaves my skin really soft and not greasy like other creams.

Well it's the start of day 9 and I'm feeling ok. The excitement of starting and getting that first big weigh in is over so I will now just plod along to goal.

Blue Butterfly said:
Why is it that even though I drink at least 3 litres of water a day I always have a dry mouth, it's bugging me!

I'm worried about loose skin as I have so much weight to lose, I know I'd rather have loose skin than lots of fat that is not good for my health but I still dont want to look all....flappy!!
Ages ago on here someone recommended Jergens skin firming lotion so I have started using that every day, obviously I'm not an already slim person hoping to tone up a little so I'm not expecting miracles from this stuff, but even if it doesn't help firm my skin up a little at least my skin will be soft and moisturised!
I'm going to keep using it no matter what because it smells lovely and leaves my skin really soft and not greasy like other creams.

Well it's the start of day 9 and I'm feeling ok. The excitement of starting and getting that first big weigh in is over so I will now just plod along to goal.

I wouldn't worry about the skin til it starts to happen hun, doesn't happen to everyone x and apparently it can take 6 months to a year after dieting for your skin to catch up so even if it is bad when you finish it will prob get better xx just worry about losing it first ;)

It happened to me hun went from a size 26 to a size 14 lots of it on my belly but you know what I couldn't care! Lose skin would cause me heart failure or diabetes or breathlessness and anyone who gets to see my lose skin saw it when it was wobbly bits not skin!! So don't worry about it look at it the way I did exante is £100 a month at the least if the drs won't give me a tummy tuck on nhs then I save for a year and buy one myself! I paid £100 a month for exante so I can save £100 a month for a tuck!!

That's meant to say wont cause not would lol

Thanks everyone.
I know I shouldn't worry about it until I've actually lost most of the weight but I cant help it.
I guess I'm more worried as my guy is a fitness fanatic and looks bloody good, I want to look good for him too!

I've already spoken to my gp about loose skin and possible tummy tuck and what not and she said that the cambridgeshire PCT is very very generous when it comes to surgery after weight loss and she would be happy to refer me as soon as I've lost weight, so that's good :)

Today is going great.
Told my little brother today (he's 21 so not so little) that I had started exante again and that I'd done my first week already and he was shocked that I'd been doing it and he hadn't even realised I was! He said he was proud of me for losing nearly a stone in my 1st week and he hopes I can stick to it this time as he knows it upsets me being so big, bless him.

Blue Butterfly said:
Thanks everyone.
I know I shouldn't worry about it until I've actually lost most of the weight but I cant help it.
I guess I'm more worried as my guy is a fitness fanatic and looks bloody good, I want to look good for him too!

I've already spoken to my gp about loose skin and possible tummy tuck and what not and she said that the cambridgeshire PCT is very very generous when it comes to surgery after weight loss and she would be happy to refer me as soon as I've lost weight, so that's good :)

Today is going great.
Told my little brother today (he's 21 so not so little) that I had started exante again and that I'd done my first week already and he was shocked that I'd been doing it and he hadn't even realised I was! He said he was proud of me for losing nearly a stone in my 1st week and he hopes I can stick to it this time as he knows it upsets me being so big, bless him.

That's great news :)
Oh bless :)

Well I've made it 9 days at 100% and I'm feeling a little proud of myself!
I know I have a very long way to go and alot more days to do but I'm feeling positive that I can get to goal this time.

Really sleepy now so off to bed x
:nightf:

Blue Butterfly said:
Well I've made it 9 days at 100% and I'm feeling a little proud of myself!
I know I have a very long way to go and alot more days to do but I'm feeling positive that I can get to goal this time.

Really sleepy now so off to bed x
:nightf:

You've done great hun xx

Well I'm feeling happy this morning for no real reason!
My moods do change randomly as I have rapid cycling bipolar anyway but this is not an extreme mood like that I'm just happy....like a normal person!
It's really sunny here today and I'm going to go spend some time out in the garden.
Just waiting for my exante order to arrive, should be here by 12.08.

Here's to a great day 10.

Had blood tests last friday, my gp wanted to check for diabetes (as my mum has it) thyroid problems and I wanted to know if I had p.c.o.s because I want babies at some point.

Well got the results back today and everything is fine :D I'm so happy.
I'm more excited that I dont have pcos as this means I have nothing that will make getting pregnant difficult.
All I need to do is lose weight so my periods sort themselves out and stay on a VLCD while trying to conceive as I've heard this makes people more fertile and all should be good!

Back