Blue's last chance with exante.

wow ladies you've had amazing wins!
Jael you're so lucky to have won holidays!

I'm only winning little things right now but I'm getting about 3 things a week so I'm not going to complain. I am hoping I win a holiday or some cash at some point.
I spend a lot of time at home/at my mums so entering comps gives me something to do :)

Good luck with your competitions.
Mere x

Thanks Mere :D

Well diet is going ok, still plodding along.
Had some celery today though because I was really hungry and got a bit dizzy.

Holiday in just over 2 weeks, yay!
Will be nice to be away from my evil noisy neighbours, they are getting worse and the housing association wont do a thing.
I've had no heat or hot water for 3 WEEKS either and I'm just fed up with the H.A not sorting out what they should be sorting out. Ggrrrrr.

Doesn't sound like a good situation but at least you still have your holiday to look forward to.
Mere x

Oh, thats not good Blue :(.
I hope you get it sorted soon :)

I used to do a little bit of comping, but never, ever won anything. I dont think I did enough though, or for long enough.
I did enjoy it though :)
Good luck with it :D

On another note, have you WI yet ?
I know you didn't want to for fear of a low number messing with your head :)
I just wondered, thats all :)

I haven't had a WI yet, I'm too scared!
I am going to weigh myself before my holiday though because after that I wont weigh again for another few months.
I know I've lost some weight because all my clothes before were a 26 (even though I kept trying to convince myself I was a size 24 because I had ONE pair of jeans that were a 24!) and all the new ones I've been buying are a 24 and they all fit. So I've lost a dress size, I don't feel too much different though. I know I have tons to lose so it will take a while for me to properly see/feel results.

I called the housing association yesterday and today and they just keep saying they will call back about getting the boiler thingy sorted so we have heat and hot water. I just cant believe they have happily left us without for 3 weeks!
It's not so bad now the weather is warmer but if my mum didn't live just up the road I would have nowhere to take a shower!

Me and my mum have enrolled in aqua aerobics classes for beginning of June :D I've been to some before are really enjoyed them, I still cant swim all that well but love being in water so this is perfect for me.

Ah Blue, aqua aerobics sounds perfect for you :D
And its great you mum is going too :D
I do hope your heating/water issues get sorted soon :)

oh wow, I can't believe they didnt fix the boiler already, that's shockingly bad :(

They say you lose a dress size for every 10lbs, it's not exact science but if you have any 22s around give them a try. I tried on my 18s the other day just to see how long before they fit and they fit me and they weren't even tight. You might suprise yourself. And do take measurements, even if you're not weighing, it's nice to see the inches come off.

I have clothes here ranging from 18-26 which all fit me! Why cant all clothes sizes from shops be the same so we don't have this problem!

I need to get measured for a bra but I have no idea where to go. I don't want to feel like I have to buy that stores bras afterwards....they're always soooo expensive.
I did get measured in Debenhams years ago but the woman was so rushed, all she did was look at me in my bra and say 'oh you must be so-and-so size' and left! No tape measure in sight of anything.

Still no joy with getting the heat/hot water sorted. I called them again today and was promised someone would call me before 5pm and....nothing.
That means there will be no phone calls over the weekend so it will be at least Monday before it gets fixed, I just wanna cry.
I told the people on the phone that if it gets to 4 weeks without heat/hot water I am going to the newspapers!!! Bit OTT I know but surely it's not right to leave people without heat/hot water for almost a month?!

lol just had a mouse disaster as well.
I have 2 boy mice, they both live alone because they fell out and cant be put back together.
Anyway I've only had them a short while so they are still really pingy and not all that tame yet.
I had just cleaned one of them out and picked him out of the carrier to put back in his cage and he jumped onto my shoulder and clung onto my shirt in between my shoulder blades! So I couldn't reach him to get him off!!
So I had to go sit in the bathroom until he got off, it took him about 30 mins.
I couldn't just take my top off to get him because he would have got scared and run off, he's only teeny so I would have lost him then.
Gah, my animals are all nuts!

A really good bra place wont measure, they can tell by sight. I remember going to Rigby and Peller to get a new bra for my wedding, god that was 1995, a heck of a long time ago, anyway, they immediately told me the size I was by sight and they were right, the bra was perfect (if expensive). Of course there's nothing wrong with being measured, but if they dont it doesnt mean they dont know what they're talking about. You could try M&S or if you've got a John Lewis nearby they have a good department usually.

I can't believe you still dont have heating/hot water. I definitely think you did the right thing threatening to go to the papers, it's disgraceful.

A really good bra place wont measure, they can tell by sight. I remember going to Rigby and Peller to get a new bra for my wedding, god that was 1995, a heck of a long time ago, anyway, they immediately told me the size I was by sight and they were right, the bra was perfect (if expensive). Of course there's nothing wrong with being measured, but if they dont it doesnt mean they dont know what they're talking about. You could try M&S or if you've got a John Lewis nearby they have a good department usually.

I can't believe you still dont have heating/hot water. I definitely think you did the right thing threatening to go to the papers, it's disgraceful.

If you get measured at M and S you get a voucher for 5 pounds off.
Mere x

Really? I never knew that. I haven't had to be measured in years though, I pretty much know what size I am and if I'm guessing I just take lots of bras in to try.

My sister works in M&S and so I get to use her 20% staff discount so I may go there and get measured and see what bras they have in my size.

I know some shops do tell you what size you are on sight but this woman was waaaaaaaaay way out! Told me I was a c cup when I was a DD (now an E :()

Diet is going well but I'm getting bored already.
I just wish I liked the porridge, pasta and soups because then I'd have so much choice.
Right now I have 2 shakes and a Tesco ultraslim bar a day.
All sweet stuff when I'm more of a savoury person.
Ah well, the diet is doing its job so I better not complain!

Weigh in day tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep I've decided to weigh myself and get it over with.
Keep your fingers crossed for me :D

what about if you try making stuff with the soups? When I did LL we used to mix a soup into a thick paste and then spread spoonfuls onto baking parchment and microwave til they went crispy, that made them kind of like crisps. Or just spread 1 big one and it makes like a poppadom? That might give you some savoury variety.

My sister works in M&S and so I get to use her 20% staff discount so I may go there and get measured and see what bras they have in my size.

I know some shops do tell you what size you are on sight but this woman was waaaaaaaaay way out! Told me I was a c cup when I was a DD (now an E :()

Diet is going well but I'm getting bored already.
I just wish I liked the porridge, pasta and soups because then I'd have so much choice.
Right now I have 2 shakes and a Tesco ultraslim bar a day.
All sweet stuff when I'm more of a savoury person.
Ah well, the diet is doing its job so I better not complain!

Weigh in day tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep I've decided to weigh myself and get it over with.
Keep your fingers crossed for me :D

Good luck for WI.
Mere x

Ok well I was brave today and I had a weigh in, I am pretty happy with the number so far.

So I started at 332lbs.
I am now 291lbs........I am under the 300's! Yay.
So that is a total loss so far of - 41lbs. One more lb and I've lost 3 stone in about 8 weeks.

But I lost 18lbs in the first week which means in the last 7 weeks I've only lost 23lbs which works out at about 3lb a week.....I suppose I'm happy with that :D

See this numbers thing is why I don't weigh often, I think about things too much!!

But I'm happy with how things are going for now.

that is unreal!! wish i had the strentgh not to weigh very often. imagine getting on the scales and seeing such a change in the numbers! well done x

Congratulations on your tremendous loss Blue.
Mere x

Thank you all :D

I just wish I *felt* like I've lost almost 3 stone!
At first I could tell I was losing weight and now I feel the same.

I am glad I've lost weight before my holiday though. I know I'll gain some weight while I'm away but I'll only be gaining a little of what I've lost already and not gaining more weight on top of what I was before....if that makes any sense.

Back