BMI

FattyMcBigbum

Gold Member
I spend a lot of time going through other pages here on minimins to look at people progress and I've noticed a few people with BMI goals that are in the underweight range (17/18) :confused: just wondering what made you choose your goal weight/goal BMI?

Mine is from watching supersize vs superskinny, the Dr on there said 23 is a good healthy BMI so I just went with that.

I know my BMI is a bit low to aim for, I chose it because I used a BMI calculator which took into account my lifestyle and said this was a healthy weight.
That said I am not planning to continue dieting just to get to my goal if I don't like the way I look and feel. I'll stop when I'm happy. I have quite a large frame anyway so I know that seriously skinny would never suit me and I plan to stop before I get to that stage.

tbh bmi should only really be used as a general guide as it dosnt take in to account muscle weighing more than fat, so you could be a size 10 with a bmi over 25 classing you as still over weight when in fact most of your body mass is muscle.

also some people just suit being slightly lower, in the middle or just over the "normal" range. its really down to how comfortable you feel :D

I chose 25 bmi because i have been that size before..so its something to look forward to..even tho i may go 2 under that because i still felt big at 25 for my size...I also love looking through the pages at peoples weight loss..it really gets me excited!

I just went for mid bmi and 10 stone was a nice round number lol. Have no idea if that's where I want to be, may find I'm happy with 10 and a half stone, or may get to 10 stone and want to lose a bit more. Will see when I get there.

Back