Boots - big calves

I have that trouble too so your not the only one :-(

Don't worry - I struggled to find boots to fit even when I was slim (gymnastics). My BFF struggles too and she's slim but has big calves...you'd think shops would actually think things through before making them eh?

It's no good advertising clothes/boots on twiglets and making them for twiglets when most women are not twiglets!!!

x

I bought some wellies last weekend and they look ridiculous as my calves are too big, but I was completely seduced by the fact that they are leopard print. At least they keep my feet dry! :D

I bought some boots from Evans a few years ago and although they're stretchy I can barely do them up (can't get a single wellie to fit me & my huge calves!). Then when I finally do get them zipped up and I start walking they fall down round my ankles - go figure! :mad:

I have the same problem. I actually found a pair last year that fitted my calf but were far to big around my ankle and when I walked I looked like I had no bones in my ankle LOL xx

It is so frustrating..

I got a dead nice pair from evans a few months ago i love them theyre quite stylish, never been able to find nice ones in there before

Evans are great for shoes and boots! Clarks do some styles in wider calve sizes, but I get so annoyed with boots because the 'normal' width are too small and the wider ones look too gapey, so I'm avoiding all boots until I reach my goal!!

I have a gorgeous pair I bought from New Look last year, was only JUST able to get them done up. But by the time an occasion to wear them rolled around, they wouldn't do up, so I've never worn them out!

Hmm, random thought but I wonder if tit tape will keep my boots up? :roofles:

I hate not being able to get boots done up....i have little boots (mid calves) and even they dont do up at the mo.....i also have some brand new brown boots, that i got on the sale and they dont fit my chubby legs....and i see them each day.

One day eh.....!!!??? x

I have a pair of knee high boots from Duo in Bath
I am lucky in that I live near there - they have boots in many calf fittings from narrow to very large check them out on the net - you can order online - not cheap but really well made - and fit nicely at the ankles too

Glad to hear I'm not alone in finding boots to fit night on impossible! Surely manufacturers would be onto a winner making boots for 'normal' legs!!

Back