Bored of the same 'food'

Discussion in 'Exante' started by Mia, 31 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Mia

Mia Skinny girl in a fat body

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(11.82%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge/Exante
    Well, I am on day 28 and have been 100% TS for 25 of those. Had a bowl of cornflakes on day 3 :mad:

Anyway, I took a Thai Chicken soup to work for my lunch today and I just couldn't stomach it. I was heaving looking at it, smelling it and tasting it. I am totally bored of the same stuff day in day out.

Don't get me wrong, I won't cheat but does anyone else get this feeling? I know I will get over it in a few days, I just feel like gagging every time I think about an Exante meal. I am trying to sip a hot vanilla at the moment which is ok but still got this sickly feeling in my stomach.

Sorry for the rant but needed to spout off :D:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *Shanny*

*Shanny* Gold Member

i understand but no more ranting my lovely..... THINK SLIM.!!:D

shanny's few words back for you Mia lol lol xx

4. Mia

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(11.82%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge/Exante
    I had to rant Shanny, I am soooooo bored with it.

No, definately won't cheat, it's just not worth it now. As soon as I put that one tiny bit of food into my mouth it's the beginning of the end for me. So, nope - won't do it.

Just wanted to know if anyone else feels/felt like this at any point?

Not looking forward to WI on Wednesday, don't think I'll have lost a lot at all :(

5. *Shanny*

*Shanny* Gold Member

lol bless ya... any loss is a good loss remember

now if u said you had 'gained' that's a different thing !!

im sure you will feel better about the products soon x

6. Terri22

Terri22 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Have you had your add a meal week yet? Might be worth going that for a week to give yourself abit of variety

7. Mia

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(11.82%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge/Exante
    No I haven't. Can't do it, I need to stay TS for another 5 weeks.

8. karenlisa

karenlisa Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(15.47%)
    I feel the same, i had a choc shake today and it smelt like wet cardboard, arghh. I have done 30 days and keep thinking i can't do another day but i know i will not get losses on a 'normal' diet so keep at it. Keep strong it's worth it.

9. Terri22

Terri22 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Why? I've just had one last week and still lost 5lb, when I was on Cambridge I found that every now and again I would feel like that, I would have my add a meal week and I would feel soo much better and it wouldn't affect the loss at all, infact sometimes it would kick start it again.

10. Mia

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(11.82%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge/Exante
    Becasue I prefer not to have food at all. That is why I follow VLCD's - I would rather food was out of the equation altogether. Once I have food - that's me finished :(

11. Jeep

Jeep Otherwise known as Jools

Start Weight:
    22st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(13.74%)
    Diet:
    Exante - currently
    What we used to say on the Lipotrim forum was not to think of the shakes etc as food but as "Weight loss Medicine" - somehow it seemed to make things a bit better at times like this.

Could you not try to change the flavours slightly - some VLCD's dont allow this but Exante seems to be much more free with this kind of thing - adding some coffee to the chocolate and vanilla shakes, making the chocolate shake with mint tea rather than just water etc. It might help a little bit.

Keep at it - you will do brill at weigh in :D xx

12. babystar31

babystar31 Gold Member

Totally sympathise, im a bit the same just now, as mch as i love all the shakes im a bit bored. Ordered bumper pack for a bit variety again. Im with you on staying TS too tho, totally get that, cos the minute i reintroduce food i start making the wrong choices, at least if we have no choice we know we cant go wrong eh. Ive had a few planned meals and nights out and to be honest its just not been worth it, yo-yoing in and out of ketosis, craving junk food etc so i think i'd struggle with "add a meal". Keep it up tho Mia....your doing fab xx

13. Fulltum

Fulltum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(11.2%)
    Diet:
    Paleo/Primal
    I can understand that feeling as its easy for one thing to lead to another but I really think you should consider doing an add a meal for a couple of reasons
    1- You need the extra nutrition every now and again and it will certainly give your metabolism a kick
    2- How will you cope with maintenence if you dont allow yourself to relearn eating properly? I dont want that to come over as harsh but part of the reason for aam is to help you to learn a bit of control with real food again.
    The thought of eating again can be very scary- I know I have been there and had a mini breakdown on my Birthday in 2008 because I had decided to go for a chinese and have a night off (1st deviation from plan in 3 months) and then started bottling it the morning of the day and spent it in tears thinking how much damage it would do! My Mum and DH talked me round and I went and enjoyed every bit but the bit that I really remember is going to the toilet and seeing myself in the mirror and realising that one meal wouldnt make me regain the 4st I had lost and that once in maintenence I would have a life and sometimes have a meal out so needed to learn to enjoy it and then back to plan, I got back on the next day and lost another 3 1/2 stone with no problems :D (unfortunately I then got pregnant with twins and my eating habits went back to the old way hence me being here again lol)

Sorry if I have said anything out of line I honestly am trying to help rather than lecture but know that in written word what Im trying to say doesnt always come across in the way I actually mean it :rolleyes:

Obviously this is your journey and you need to do it the way you feel best just wanted to give you a different view x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.