Brand new and book not arrived - advice needed!

Linzi_Pinzi

Hi everyone

Brand new to Dukan today and just wanted some advice. I've read a lot on line and i'm waiting on my book so hoping for some advice:

1. can i have skimmed milk in tea?
2. Can i have toffee or vanilla mullerlights in attack?
3. Is it only 1.5tbs of oatbran - can I have more if I wanted 2 gallettes in a day?
4. Is a gallette made with one egg or two?
5. How do I make breakfast biscuits?

Sorry these might sound like daft questions, but it would be great to find out. I'm sure I'll have more daft questions as i go!

Linzi :)

Hi Linzi Pinzi, welcome to the Dukan diet. I can only answer some of your questions, yes you can have skimmed milk, one egg in a gallette and ideally one tablespoon of oat bran during attack phase and only once a day. You can have 0% fat yogurt with no added sugar and no fruit. Not sure what the carb level is in the yogurts you mention but should be very low to be OK. Hope this helps a bit. Good luck with the diet :)

Hi, check the FAQ section, that will answer a lot of your questions. For recipies, check out the recipe section.
Better to stick with 0% Greek yoghurt as Muller has been declared a no-no.
In attack phase only 1.5 tbsp of oatbran is allowed.

I found that when I started Yogi - I'd bought the book, started the diet and joined this forum. Thank goodness I had joined the forum as I've found that the book seems to be very outdated with what is/isn't allowed. Since then I've used the book as a guide but come on here to pick brains as the guidelines seem to be changing almost daily.

I think what the dear Dr D needs to do is update his book!!!

It looks like your questions have been answered Linzi.

Wishing you the very best of look on the diet. I love it so far :)

Thanks everyone - very kind of you all! :D

I'm a bit overwhelmed with this as it's so different with every diet i've done, but my plan is to sit tonight and write out a plan for the week, and get the things i need to buy from Tesco's tonight.

Looking forward to a good week though, fingers crossed.

Thanks again everyone
Linzi
xxx

Hey Linzi - you've definitely got the right idea... planning the week's meals is invaluable to sticking with the plan! I do that every week and find it a godsend, nothing worse than getting in from work with a tired toddler in tow and trying to figure out what to do for dinner!!

Sounds like you've got it all sussed - you'll do great :D

1. can i have skimmed milk in tea? yes :)
2. Can i have toffee or vanilla mullerlights in attack?I'd stick to the low fat natural yogs and flavour them ,but some people have these without noticing a gain, I have the Shape delights 0 percent as a tolerated item
3. Is it only 1.5tbs of oatbran - have my book in front of me and it says 1 and a half can I have more if I wanted 2 gallettes in a day?
4. Is a gallette made with one egg or two?One
5. How do I make breakfast biscuits?1tbsp of skimmed milk, 1 and half tbsp of oatbran and 1 tbsp of sweetener, make in shape of biscuit and micro for 1 min each side for crunchy biscuit

Back