Breakfast

AlmostThere85

Hi guys!!

It's my first day tomorrow! Wish me luck! I have spent the past 2 days reading through messages to prepare myself. So if this has been asked before then I apologise.

What do you guys add to your breakfast to make it 1/3 superfree. I know fruit is an obvious one. So your breakfast (toast/cereal/porridge/eggs etc) with some berries or an apple on the side is enough?

I find adding superfree food to lunch and dinner easy. I always fill up on veg and salad especially. But I am struggling with breakfast. Can I have some ideas please?

I sometimes have bacon and fry light fried egg with tinned toms and mushrooms. Don't always have the 3rd free with breakfast though not keen on fruit first thing.

Yea it's hard! I know lots of ideas for breakfast. But for a quick breakfast before work that involves no cooking the only super free I can think to add is fruit!

Omelette with mushrooms and onion or any left over veg from the night before. Roasted veg is even nicer the day after.
Soft boiled eggs with asparagus to dip.
Porridge with banana or blueberries or both.
Bowl of chopped fruit with a free yoghurt poured over (my favourite esp with all the melon, strawberries and nectarines around).
SW "fry up" with tomatoes, mushrooms and onions.
Magic pancakes with fruit.
Scan bran with extra light cream cheese and cucumber.
Eggy bread with berries........ Just let your imagination run wild. I am not someone who always has a conventional breakfast and sometimes just have leftovers from the night before. Doesn't suit everyone but just go with what you fancy and time allows. Hope you find something and good luck with your first week. Keep us posted :)

Thanks guys! Lots to try! I'm not a weekday morning person, always in a rush!! But I will try some at the weekend.

I need to look up these magic pancakes :)

AlmostThere85 said:
Thanks guys! Lots to try! I'm not a weekday morning person, always in a rush!! But I will try some at the weekend.

I need to look up these magic pancakes :)

Just magic porridge (porridge mixed with yoghurt and left in the fridge overnight - or for at least 2 hours till it becomes soft and creamy) with an egg mixed in and either dry fried in dollops in a non stick pan or with fry light to make pancakes.

Yeah I just read a thread about it! May give it a go. It's says 30g oats makes 6 small pancakes. I could have 3 and count this as half HEXB and have an alpan light.
Then have the other half the next day!!

Excited to try this recipe :)

Yeah I just read a thread about it! May give it a go. It's says 30g oats makes 6 small pancakes. I could have 3 and count this as half HEXB and have an alpan light.
Then have the other half the next day!!

Excited to try this recipe :)
It's lush, I didn't try it for ages as I wasn't sure about it with the yoghurt mixed in but I made them last week and wish I'd tried them sooner :) Lesson learned be open minded to new foods, I tried cous cous today liked that too :D Xx

Back