breda's ww diary to good health

Hello :) been reading though your diary and noticed you avoid sugar. I think sugary foods like chocolate and cakes are like a trigger for bingeing for me...once I start I cannot stop. Have you found cutting then out beneficial to your weightloss ?

Binge eating is a problem for me...have been on a three day bingeathon last few days and cannot stop :(

Michillinwoman said:
Hi all.Thank god the keyboard is fixed !!!. I am knackered and sore!!!!!!!!. Did a 8km(5 mile) ladies mini marathon today (walking :eek:) for funds for my daughters special school ..I now have a beautiful blister on the ball of my foot and hopping around like a granny. Its greatfun though .Some of the "ladies" have beautiful hairy legs and beautiful costumes !!!!!!!!! (men in drag:giggle:) .

Foodwise,I have been sticking rigidly to my no-sugar but have to admit to having a few too many chips this week. :eek:.Hope the weekend went well for everyone .

Well done that must be such a rewarding feeling raising money for such a good cause. Hope blister not too painful - foot soak sounds a good idea. As for food choices you are doing so well - I am starting again tomorrow - had a bad day today back on track tomorrow for us both xxx

Hi Star kissed . Yes sugar is a real problem for me and causes me to crave more and more !!!! and then have a binge:cry: .
I am trying at the moment to have a good amount of protein at each meal(hardest is breakfast ) and stick to natural sugars like fruit for snacks, and cut out all added sugars and sweet things and white carbs. (as they turn to sugar in the body very quickly)( white bread,white rice,white pasta etc).

I am having wholegrain bread, brown rice, wholewheat pasta as these complex carbs are metabolised much slower and give more sustained energy and dont make me crave the sweet things . (also fill you up for longer.

I have a brother that is diabetic but Ihave had all the tests and they were all negative . I really dont now what is going on with my screwed up body chemistry but this is working for me at the moment . Sugar is definitly toxic for me and I feel so much happier and clear headed without it. I dont advocate this for everyone ,i just now it works for me. :D

Hi Jo43. Yes a good soak is in order tonight I think .:sigh:

As for making good food choices,I am just finding it much easier to make healthy choices without the sugar .I am also less impulsive and plan more. SO Track,Track,Track tomorrow .

I think it's either a sugar thing for me or else a psychological thing like I know the principal thing with ww is that we can have anything and don't deprive any foods...but i feel once I have like a bag of crisps or a mini choc bar I have broke my diet and therefore carry on!!

Also I live with my parents, sister and bf..who do not diet but my parents live on cakes, greasy fry ups and alot of carbs!! Basically the Irish diet of potatoes and alot of pancakes, soda bread etc...the things I love :(

Im a kind of give me and inch il take a Nile kind of thing with dieting like I know alot of people like being able to still have crisps etc on ww but I can't :( I'm all or nothing!

Well done!!!! An amazing achievement!! Xx

Its really hard when all that greasy food and white carbs are looking at you every day. Could you ask to grill yours ?? and have it with some wholemeal bread . You have to ask support from those around you . I have to cook my own food separate from the gang here sometimes and its a PAIN but I have realised I am worth looking after too.

Potatoes arnt bad as such ,its the butter we put on them . I try now to have 2 medium potatoes with the sKins on .It slows down the rate they are turned in to sugar in thebody . Have loads of veg and 3-5oz of protein to fill you up till the next meal.

Dont be too hard on yourself if you "break" your diet . that will just make you feelguilty and eat more .Say to yourself Iate it ,it was nice and then go and do something to distract yourself. One slip up will not wreck your week.!!! . You have been doing really well so far just keep going and Keep tracking..

ThanKs Carly .proves I can do it when I want to.!!!!!!!!!! wish I wasnt such a lazy witch....:eek:

Hehe x

Thanks Jo. I just have to be careful to not over do other foods now to make up for not having the sweet things. We'll see tomorrow at WI if I have done damage !!!!!. Going around in my slippers this morning but feet not as bad as last night . :D

Really wierd day today .I could sit down and eat all day . Keeping away from sugars but nothing else is safe.!!. very restless and anxious too . feels like the day before TOTM arrival but dont know if it is as they are all over the place at mo. Just my luck the day before WI ..:cry:

Good luck for WI! Hugs x

STS today:( . But I expected it really . TOTM arrived today and too much chips didnt help either . O well , look forward to next week.:D

U will lose next week :) pesky totm! Cx

Hi everyone. today has been a strange day .Again I just seemed to want to eat all day. Not sweetstuff ,but bread, cheese , fruit , . About every hour I was making a cup of tea and nibbling something. I am a tea addict too!!!!!!!.

Think I will try just to have 3 cups of tea tomorrow and drink water in between. I know part of it is its just a habit i have of putting on the kettle and making tea.Its worse the days Iam bored or anxious.

Any other O.C. Tea !!!!!!!!! drinkers out there. I think I read at one stage that caffeine has an effect on insulin which mayexplain why ,when Idrink a lot of it I crave food to try and get a sugar fix. Have to read up on that again. :mad:

Hope the cravings have eased and u have a good weekend x

Hi all. Well I have had a reasonable weekend i think !!!!!. Weather has been awfull here , rain ,rain and more rain. I went to a fashion show on Friday night and there are so many beautiful dresses out there and I want to be able to wear them.!!!!!!!!!!. It has really perked up my enthusiasm again.

I have to admit to not tracking much this week:mad: so that has to be nipped in the bud for a start. Tracker out tomorrow morning.

We went out shopping today and had our lunch out!!! I had a chicken and cheese wrap . The other woofers had panninis and BB's muffins . I know the cheese was probably high in points but at least I hadno interest in the muffins. I would have really struggled there before.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend and are ready to hit this week with a BANG :D:sign0151:

Michillinwoman said:
Hi all. Well I have had a reasonable weekend i think !!!!!. Weather has been awfull here , rain ,rain and more rain. I went to a fashion show on Friday night and there are so many beautiful dresses out there and I want to be able to wear them.!!!!!!!!!!. It has really perked up my enthusiasm again.

I have to admit to not tracking much this week:mad: so that has to be nipped in the bud for a start. Tracker out tomorrow morning.

We went out shopping today and had our lunch out!!! I had a chicken and cheese wrap . The other woofers had panninis and BB's muffins . I know the cheese was probably high in points but at least I hadno interest in the muffins. I would have really struggled there before.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend and are ready to hit this week with a BANG :D:sign0151:

Loving you PMA for this week!
I actually find cheese really satisfying - choccy just makes me want more choccy & at least you get protein & calcium in the cheese so I'd say a good use of points :)

CGx
Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

hi, just wanted to say a big thankyou for all the support you have been giving me. i noticed you stayed the same....but you did not put on so bonus. i know its frustrating when you dont lose. keep up the good work. x

I love cheese too Carrie but its taking me time to get my head around the fact(and years of weight watchers) thatI can have more protein like cheese when I am not eating the crap. Also having things like olive oil for cooking and salads. It makes my food far tastier and actually healthy . I must say at the moment I dont feel in any way deprived or hungry or hard done by that I amoff the sugary stuff .

Back