breda's ww diary to good health

YOu will have clocked up a fair few activity points with that walking - that'll go some way to sorting out those 'missing' PPs :p Stay strong :)

Hi Everyone,

I have to admit to not tracking yesterday:mad::mad: but I was all excited about going back to class this morning and getting back on track , to dicover the leader had sent an e-mail(She sometimes sends us recipes) to say class is on wednesday morning this week . :cry:. Anyway have to track today. looks like I havent done any damage on my own scales but we will see tomorrow.
It amazing how the class keeps me in the groove !!!!!! and chatting here. Been reading back on some of your news

Carly. well done on all your exercise ,you are doing so well . Great to see you buying some new clothes ,its only the start girl !!!!!!!!!

Karen. You are such a lovely person. I admire you for opening your home to the young refugee. I suppose in his own way your dad is just trying to protect you and his grandkids however misguided. I remember my dad (died six years ago at 83) when he saw a coloured person in our area for the first time . He was so shocked . He had grown up in a totally white community and it was so alien to him. Things have changed now thank god but maybe there is still an element of suspicion in your dads mind from growing up in that kind of environment . I know he has spent many years in England but our childhood can still have a big effect on our personality .

I am NOT saying that your dad or my dad for that matter were racist just that it was a big change for them and they found it more difficult to accept. . Our age group has grown up with a multicultural society so there is much less suspicion TG.

I am not trying to justify his rude behaviour with the hand shaking but maybe trying to understand whats going on in his mind. .

Menu for today

30g Branflakes.............3pp
1/2pt low fat milk.........4pp

Lunch
3* slices brown bread.....7pp
2* tsp flora light.............1pp
Tomatoe
1*WW yogurt..................1pp

Dinner
2* medium back rashers (grilled)....2pp
1 poached egg..............................2pp
2* small sausages (grilled).............4pp
Mushrooms,Tomatoe

snackes
orange
2* mandarins

24/29 so far

Last edited:
Aw what a pain for class to be tomorrow, just as you were ready for it! Never mind tomorrow morning will soon be here. Fingers crossed for you :)

Do you ever feel that life has you by the scruff of the neck????:sigh::rolleyes::busted::gen147::talk017::banghead:
time to try and exert some control I feel

Hi Mazie . I definitly know what you mean this week . Just by missing one class it has thrown me back in to the jaws of the sugar monster . :cry:. I wont let it beat me though . Back to class this morning to face the music and continue my journey . Onwards and downwards.

:eek:get building that reinforced cage Breda!!! have you ever worked out what to force feed the dreaded monster with?????:cry::sigh:

Yippie !!!! I was only up 0.5lb . I cant believe it as I was not good for the last week . I must have been really good the week before up to Friday when I went in for op. I was fasting that day so maybe that helped!!!!

Anyway behind me now and on we go for another week. Realised I have only 4 weigh ins to holidays so would love to have another 7lbs lost before then .

Mazie . I have yet to find that magic food that keeps the sugar moster at bay but I do know when I eat properly with plenty veg and fruit I dont crave him as much. Its just to keep that routine up with modern life. .....

Menu for today

Breakfast
30g porridge.................3pp
1/2 pt low-fat milk.........3pp

Lunch
WW wrap(very dry!!!)).......3pp
60g cooked chicken...........2pp
Mixed salad with tsp helmans FF vinegerette
1 WW yogurt....................1pp
1 apple .

Dinner(all grilled)
2* potatoe waffles.............6pp
2* medium back rashers.....2pp
2* small sausages..............4pp
Mushrooms sweated in 2tsp flora light....1pp

Snacks
Bag WW barbeque snacks ..............2pp
skinny cow dippers lolly.................2pp

29/29

Last edited:
0.5lb is most acceptable Breda ;) 7lb in four weeks is certainly do-able too. If you do find a magic anti-sugar monster food, please share!

That 0.5 will vanish :) u are doing so well lovely :) x

I think if I took 2 weeks off and only gained 0.5 I'd be over the moon lol

Hopefully it'll take a bit extra with it when it comes off this week and get you to the next goal ;)

Hi Mifford ,Carly ,jo, and micheala . Thanks for your support . I know 0.5 lb was really good concidering the last week so I just realised I have been messing around this month around the same weight since 7 June so my goal for this week is to hit my 5% goal which is 1.5 lbs and no messing.I will only have a six day week this week (class back to tuesday) so will have to work really hard.

Menu for today

Breakfast
30g porridge..........3pp
1/2 pt low fat milk..4pp

Lunch
Egg salad plate
hard boiled egg...........2pp
Salad with balsamic vinegar
Tomatoes ,peppers,red onion , scallions,beetroot
80g low fat colesaw.....2pp
chopped apple

dinner
2* chicken pieces stuffed with sage and onion stuffing ?? (Guessing)......................8pp
Brocalli
New potatoes (200g ).......................4pp
Gravy made with water(no fat)...........1pp

snacks
1* Bottle of wine..................9PP!!!!!!!
1* bag of crisps....................2pp
1* small chcolate bar.............6pp!!!!!!!!!

42/29 so far

13 Weeklies !!!!!!!!!...... Had a friend to stay . Home from Italy. went a bit OTT . Will have to hit road tomorrow.

Last edited:
Karen. You are such a lovely person. I admire you for opening your home to the young refugee. I suppose in his own way your dad is just trying to protect you and his grandkids however misguided. I remember my dad (died six years ago at 83) when he saw a coloured person in our area for the first time . He was so shocked . He had grown up in a totally white community and it was so alien to him. Things have changed now thank god but maybe there is still an element of suspicion in your dads mind from growing up in that kind of environment . I know he has spent many years in England but our childhood can still have a big effect on our personality .

I am NOT saying that your dad or my dad for that matter were racist just that it was a big change for them and they found it more difficult to accept. . Our age group has grown up with a multicultural society so there is much less suspicion TG.

I am not trying to justify his rude behaviour with the hand shaking but maybe trying to understand whats going on in his mind. .

Hiya Breda... FINALLY catching up on what everyone is up to. Thanks for your lovely post. I totally agree with everything you said above. I adore my dad and know he is the best dad i could hope for. I generally tend to roll my eyes at what he says but was really upset when he went all those steps further. I usually respect his background and his right to his views but I was just bothered he didnt respect mine :rolleyes: I just spoke with him and he didnt mention a thing about S so I am going to take that as a sign to agree to disagree :) Thanks for your imput... you are always good for advice :D

Congrats on the small gain.. mine was a whopper! I gained 3lb LOL. I didnt know whether to be impressed or ashamed! Still... we will have a very good week this week! onwards and downwards xxxxxxxxxx

HI Breda,
Today's menu is looking great - I always forget about hard boiled egg being great in a salad. You can definitely get back on track, we're all here together heading in the right direction :)

M x

ooo hard boiled egg salad - I hadn't thought of that but it sounds yummy. I often do soft boiled egg with soldiers for breakfast and a bowl of grapefruit which is an old Low GI diet favourite.

Hmmm guess what I'll be having for lunch this week now though :)

Hi Girls . Ya the egg salad today with beetroot was yummy and I was stuffed after it. Cooked a nice dinner for my friend who is home in Ireland from Italy . Then had a glass of wine and it went down hill from there. !!!!!!!!!!! . Ended up using 13 weeklies but it was fun and we dont see him that often so I am not too upset . Will have to do some exercise to balance that off tomorrow.

Good luck for 1.5 this wk xx

that sounds like a lovely way to use weeklies, Breda! Ive never tried beetroot..is that odd? is beetroot 0 PPs? Have a lovely weekend xxxxx

the weeklies are there to be used and I can't think of a better way of using them then a glass or two (or bottle even!) of wine with visiting friends :)

Back