breda's ww diary to good health

Hi Girls.. sorry havnt had time today to catch up. Just dropped my visitor to train at six . Karen.. beetroot is really nice in a salad and the juice is nice on the dry salad too. Give it a try . Slices in Jar are the nicest I think. And its 0pp .

Have been very good today to make up for last night. :cry::cry:

Menu for today

30g porridge..................3pp
1/2 pt low-fat milk..........4pp

Lunch
60g Chicken...................2pp
Mixed salad with beetroot
80g low fat coleslaw.......2pp
2* slices wholemeal bread...4pp
2* tsp flora light..............1pp
Glenisk low fat yogurt.......3pp

Dinner
chicken chow mein...........8pp

Snacks
Orange , apple

27/29 so far

p.s have realised 9pp used to be the old points for a bottle of wine ,I am almost afraid to ask but has anyone worked out the PP for a bottle of wine

I worked out that a 250 ml glass was 6 pps so half a bottle was 9 pps.. I might be wrong tho?!

Hi Breda, I'm glad you enjoyed having your friend stay. I'm another beetroot fan... I don't think I've ever eaten so much of it. Really livens up a salad. I think a bottle of wine is 15PP but hopefully someone a bit more knowledgeable than me will confirm!

We actually drank a bottle ...each!!!!!!!!.. It sounds a lot but its really only 2-3 glasses each:mad:

Looked at the back of the pocket guide and white wine can be anything from 18-25 PP depending on the sweetness . I am going to say 20 for medium white !!!!!. Well that will teach me a lesson wont it:wave_cry:

Thanks Jo . I did enjoy the company so am not going to beat myself up ...:D

Its been a lovely day here too but this evening got quiet cool . Son got a lovely red glow after being out with his buddies in the pool .. They really enjoy it and would go in every day weather permittingand stay there splashing about for hours . Well at least they are not stuck inside watching tv..

Have you any plans for weekend? . hope to have a nice quiet one here . no real plans. Enjoy the good weather (hopefully )

Hi everybody. Beautiful sunny day here so far . Hubbie out doing some gardening and I have been doing some "Spring cleaning" (in July) of my kitchen presses. We are such clutter gatherers. !!!!!!!! Suppose its the same in every house. :D

Menu for today

30g porridge............3pp
1/2 pt LF milk..........4pp

Lunch
Mixed salad bowl
60g chicken breast.........2pp
Beetroot
40g LF coleslaw.............1pp
1 boiled egg..................2pp
2* slices wholemeal bread..4pp
2*tsp flora light.................1pp

Dinner
Chicken wrap from chipper
Wrap.......................5pp
2* chicken gougons...6pp(Guessing)
Coleslaw (Full Fat).....3pp
Lettuce and onion

Snacks
Fruit

30/29 so far

Enjoy the good weather everyone

Last edited:
Sounds like u had fun! Don't beat urself up! A bottle each is ok - could be worse ;) xx

Hi Girls , Beautiful day here again. Just chillin today. should do more tidying but couldnt be bothered today. Son has the house in a mess because he has decided to paint his room!!!!!!!!!... Watching the football match (Cork vs Kerry) at the moment. Have been reasonably good the last few days. Eating healthy ,lots of salad always keeps me from craving the bad stuff.

Todays Menu
30g Porridge...................3pp
1/2 pt skim milk..............3pp

Lunch
60g cooked chicken..........2pp
1* hard boiled egg...........2pp
80g low-fat coleslaw........2pp
lettuce,pepper,spring onion,tomatoes.

Dinner
300g new potatoes...........6pp
Brocalli
Savoury gravy (made with water)..1pp
Porksteak.150g....................5pp

snacks
1* WW yogurt...............1pp
1*walkers baked............2pp
Fruit

27/29

Last edited:
Menu looks fab! Hope that everything is going well with you :)

Ruth
X

Thanks Micheala and ruth . had a lovely day . Its amazing how much better we feel with a bit of sun...

Food was going fine today but I found myself craving this evening . When the rest were having coffee and chocolate biscuits I had an orange (fine) but then when they went to bed I ate a full Galia melon.!!. still 0 pp I know but that must be OTT for fruit (had apple earlier in the day) . IT seems to have cleared the craving anyway . now Im off to bed before I do any more damage. :eek:

Sounds like a nice day! Well done for having fruit when craving! Impressive :) xx

Hi Girls , Feeling very vertious today . Actually got off my ass and did 30mins on the treadmill in the gym. That might not seem like much to all the "shredders" here but its good for me. Have done no exercise really(odd few walks) up to this. I did it at 4.5-5.0 speed and 2.0 incline. Burned about 110 cals (not much i know but it all helps):D:D At moderate level 30mins = 3AP

Menu so far

Breakfast
30g porridge..................3pp
1/2 pt skim milk.............3pp

Lunch
Mixed salad ,beetroot
60g chicken....................2pp
80g LF coleslaw..............2pp
1* slice brown wholemeal Br.....2pp
2* tsp flora light......................1pp

Dinner
TBD .. thinking of pasta carbonara but the sauce is probably sky high in pp.. will check Jar.
worked it out at 15pp for 1/4 of the recipe. will have salad with it (see my next post down for details)

Snacks
1*sm fruit scone.....................5pp
2*tsp flora light......................1pp

34/29 so far .

Last edited:
Hi Breda,

MMMM galia melon.. one of my favs! the great thing about melon is that while it tastes very sweet, it is mostly water so i cant think of anything better to pig out on :) Congrats on exercise as well. just doing anything that gives your metabolism a boot is really positive and will make a difference. hope you are enjoying some sunshine :) xxxxx

is eating an entire melon bad??? Oh dear ... lol

Hey even if you ate the entire thing its still better than the chocolate biscuits etc so I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm going cherry picking Thursday morning and I know that the punnett won't be lasting long in my fridge so I certainly hope over indulging in fruit isn't a problem.

Hi Karen and Miff. Yes Galia melon when really ripe is so sweet and delish. I know I could have done worse but I seem to crave fruit now !!!! .(especially sweet red apples,sweet melons and pears)Think my body is saying "Ill get sugar someway " . Thats the reason I have to keep it to 3-4 portions a day or it would set off a sugar binge for me. Luckily enough last night I was going to bed anyway..

WasWorking out carbonara today

Jar of dolmio carbonara pasta bake..20pp
1/2 ptk(100g) low-low cheddar ......10pp
250g wholemeal pasta.(dry)...................25pp
4* back rashers................................4pp

Total = 59 pts for 4 people so 1/4 would be 15 pts approx .. going to have itfor dinner now with salad

The tomatoe pasta sauces are less of course but hubbie wont eat that for me :mad:

Enjoy carbonara! I make my own with Philly, bacon n cheese - yummy!

And 30 mins on a treadmill is great! Unfortunately I hate the gym so it's DVDs/classes/swim all the way for me ... xx

You must post that recipe for me please Carly . I love pasta carbonara but the dolmio sauce is so high.

Me and exercise have a strange relationship !!!!!!!!!! . I have to mix it up or I get bored of the same thing so the GYM will be fine now for a few weeks until I get bored.. then will have to have another plan. I saw today that the gym does zumba classes. Do you think these will be full of skinny minis or will there be a few velumptious ladies around . Dont want to stick out like a sore thumb. :D:D. I should ring and ask them what fitness level should you be at to do the class i suppose.

Pasta (however much u want) and then I use half a tub of extra light Philli - 3pp with 6 bacon medallions (4pp) and then I sprinkle low fat cheese... U can put an egg in but don't have to... Yummy!! Cx

Eating a whole melon in times of a binge is most impressive, wish I could do the same :D Seriously melon is predominantly water so you did really well - eating the equivalent weight of bananas, I'm sure, wouldn't be so good for you. Great choice all round. 30 minutes on a treadmill is fabulous too so double well done :)

Good luck for WI tomorrow.
Michaela x

Back