breda's ww diary to good health

Thanks Micheala . Melon is so yum. In France last year (in Charantes) they have the most beautiful melons (sell them at the side of the road.)They are orange colour in the middle when ripe . I ate loads of them . I know I could have done worse i suppose.

I really enjoyed my pasta carbonara bake this evening and I was delighted that I was able to limit myself to 1/4 of it with salad because before hubby and I would have woofed it between us. (1/2 each) (ment for four) Its nice to know you can have nice meals if you have controlled portions.

WI this morning . Hopeing for 1.5lbs . feel bloated ,always do on WI day anyway. Raining here this morning. Will update when I get back .

Thanks Miff. I lost 2.5lbs !!!:D:D:D i AM SO HAPPY.:bliss:

I also hit my 5% which is another of my milestones (at long last) . 2lb next week for my first stone .:D

Must update signature and ticker now.

Menu for today

Breakfast
30g porridge.................3pp
1/2 pt skim milk............3pp

Lunch
60g cooked chicken.......2pp
80g coleslawLF.............2pp
Salad ,beetroot,few grapes.
1* McCambridge wholemeal....2pp
2* flora light.........................1pp

Dinner
Paprika chicken
Shake and bake mix...............2pp
Chicken pieces (3,oysters)......12pp
McCain Light spice wedges.(150g)..............8pp

snacks
Fruit.. apple, few grapes
1WW yogurt.....................1pp

34/29 (Only ment to have two chicken pieces but ate 3!!!!!!)

5 weeklies used !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
congratulations that's awesome - you must be over the moon.

I'm hoping mine levels out by tonight and that I'm celebrating with you but I'm not hopeful!

Any minus is great Miff . Thats my first time having a big loss since the first week ..normally 0.5lb-1.5lb . Bet you will do well and if you arnt happy, well theres always next week. I an delighted this time that I seem to have the patience to realise that I am in this for the long haul this time and if I have a bad day well just start again the next day. :D. Best of luck tonight .

Well done Breda, -2.5lbs is fab! So that melon wasn't bad at all ;) Isn't it lovely how a good loss really gives you a lift x

Well done that's amazing!!!! Xx

Congrats Breda, 2.5lb is a fantastic loss!

Thanks Carly,Micheala,Miff,Jo and Ellen for your messages. It was great to get moving a big chunk (for me) . Well on with another week now. Id love to be down 2lb next week to get my second silver 7 :D.

Its raining here today . Looks yeucky out. feel in good form though. Was really tired and fed up last night (think its PMT) .

Must get son to finish room today . He wants to put up stencils of the Spurs logo around the walls (big spurs fans in this house ). Dont care as long as its finished and the stuff thats all around the house goes back in to his room (looks like a squat).:eek:

Food for today

30g porridge..................3pp
1/2 pt skim milk.............3pp
1 boiled egg...................2pp

Lunch
Wrap.................4pp
Chicken..............4pp
1 tbs barbeque relish.......1pp
Tomatoe,peppers, red onion , cucumber

Dinner
2* mini babybel light...........2pp
2* slices wholemeal bread....4pp
2tsp flora light.....................1pp

Snacks
2* WW yogurts...........2pp
Melon ,Mandarins
26/29 so far

Last edited:
Good luck for 2lb this week :) x

Hi everyone ,hope you are having a good day so far.Last night was strange ,hubbie was late from work so I didnt really feel like having a dinner as such so just had some wholemeal bread and babybel lights . Had some yogurt and fruit after and was grand for the night.

Today has been ok so far but friend staying again tonight (wine AaaaaH)

Todays menu
Breakfast
30g porridge....................3pp
1/2 pt skim milk...............3pp

Lunch
2* boiled eggs.................4pp
2* slices wholemeal bread.4pp
2* tsp flora light..............1pp

snacks
Melon and 1 Strawberry yogurt...1pp
WW mint and chocolate sundae(yum)...4pp
1 large glass wine..............................7pp

Dinner
Fahitas
2* small wraps................8pp
1* chicken br..................4pp
Salad peppers,onions ,spice mix
1 tbsp LF Mayo................1pp

40/29...............

Last edited:
I'm having my Mexican fix at weekend - Fajitas, enchiladas and quesidilas :) yummy!

Hope u enjoyed the vino :) xx

Hi Breda, just wondering about bread. I was counting 2 slices of bread as 4 pps like you do. Then I read on some of the threads here that 2 slices of bread is 5pps! I checked the NI on the bread I use (IrishPride Healthy Grain) and 2 slices were 5pps! What do you make of this?

Hi Ellen, I use the McCambridge all the time . I was just following the book as 1 medium slice (35g) =2pp . In the old system it used to be a point a slice . I have seen other people use 5pp for two slices all right. I suppose I just didnt want to change. !!!!!!!!! . What weight are two slices of the granary bread you use ?.

Think u need to check for the particular bread :) xx

That makes more sense as you say Carly.

Discovered in super valu today . The mini ice cream pots are back at 2pp each. I used to love them before . So you could have a nice dessert at night of Jelly, ice-cream and fruit for just 2 pp . Happy days. Hope they continue to get them now :wave_cry:

Also got mint and chocolate sundae 4pp had one tonight as the rest had romantica and really enjoyed it and didnt feel one bit deprived.

Had one glass of wine tonight . (btter than a bottle last week:D ) .

Hi All, never posted menu today . Been a buzy one. Had friend staying again and tonight we went to a dog night (Greyhound racing) which was being run to help Brids school. . Had a good night but got supermacs on the way home :cry:

Breakfast
30g porridge..................3pp
1/2pt LF milk.................4pp

Second Breakfast!!!!!!!!!

2* slices Br.Bread...........4pp
2* tsp flora light..............1pp

Lunch
2* slices white bread........4pp
Chicken(60g)...................2pp
40g low-low chedder.........3pp
Tomatoe

Dinner
Sweet chilli wrap (supermacs)..13pp
Few chips...........................4pp

snacks
1WW yogurt...................1pp
1WW choc. ice-cream pot 2pp

41/29
12 weeklies used (27 used already!!)

Last edited:
well i dunno what a supermacs is but it sounds nice for 13 PPs! a nandos wrap is 17 flipping points! i think they inject the lettuce with lard? hope you are having a lovely weekend xxxx

Back