breda's ww diary to good health

Hey petal! Welcome bk -we missed u! Glad u enjoyed ur hols! 4lbs in two weeks is not bad at all! U will get there :) good luck for tues WI xx

well done on deciding to face the scales back at WI straight away again - you know what you've gained or not gained anyway so there's no point in not going back there to get the support in getting back on track again. As you say when you decide not to go because you don't want to see what it says then its a slippery slope from then on in. And honestly, 4lbs over 2 weeks really isn't that bad and I'd be happy with that knowing that you are going to take that off again within a couple of weeks at the most.

Well done you - it shows a commitment that underlines why you WILL succeed at this :)

Thanks Girls. I am determined . I dont care how long it takes. Been good today so far . will put up menu after dinner

Hi Breda glad you had a good hol! Holidays are not the best time for being on a diet, I know! I would echo what the others say, the time when you don't want to go to a meeting is the time you need it most! :) You are very organised with your food plan and tracker so you will get the 4lbs off in no time! x

Welcome back Breda, I'm glad you had a super holiday :) I'm impressed you are back to tracking and heading to WI tomorrow - that's what this journey is all about. Enjoy the 'good' times and then back in the saddle straight after. Michaela x

Well Back in the saddle again Micheala is right!! Went to WI this morning .Up 4 lb as I thought . :mad:. So ... my aim now is to loose that over the next 2-3 weeks and get back on track. One part of me is a little dissappointed in myself that I didnt do better and one part of me is happy ,I had a great holiday , Im back and will be on track again in a few weeks. (think I will let that side win!!!) .

Menu so far today

Breakfast
40g cornflakes..............4pp
1/2 pt skim milk...........4pp

Lunch
2* slices Wholemeal bread....4pp
2* tsp flora light..................1pp
2* boiled eggs ....................4pp

Snacks
orange
Bananna
2* slices wholemeal bread .......4pp
2* tsp flora light......................1pp

Dinner
200g new potatoes...............4pp
roast chicken breast..............4pp
Ratatouille (shop bought ...discovered it was 4 points .Grrrrrr.......................4pp
2* tsp flora light...................1pp

1*ptk walkers light................2pp

37/29 ..... 8 weeklies used

Last edited:
its definitely that side that should win! Firstly you weren't worse than you feared which is good news and secondly despite knowing that you were going to have a gain over that period you've not given up and have just taken it as a slight detour before getting back on track - so many people would have not even gone back to weigh in yet or not started tracking again until the start of a new week so the fact you've done both means that you limited any further damage and got yourself back in the right frame of mind immediately. I had enough trouble doing that just from having my parents here for a weekend so you should DEFINITELY give yourself a pat on the back.

Next week the scales will have started those lbs coming back off again and you will be continuing the journey - don't forget this way isn't a sprint but a change that you will be making for life so its right to accept that when you go away you will relax more but then get yourself back on track :)

It's always disappointing to see a gain BUT you had a lovely holiday and given you are back on track, the weight should soon be off. This is a balancing act and the skill is most definitely in being able to get back in the saddle ;) x

U will have that off in no time!! U are a star! Xx

Thanks girls ,Its lovely to have such great support from you all. I feel much more settled now today and back on track . I am not craving either which is great.

My only problem today is I seem to be out in bites again . Big red bumpy blotches and they are madddddd itchy. I got bitten on holidays and got the same big blotches but they had come back over the last few days . What the heck ??? . I am taking antihistamines for the summer for hay fever so you would imagine that would help !! . I have hydrocortisone cream that I got from the chemist in France but it doesnt seem to be helping ...Any Ideas :cry:

have you been out in the sun today? I'm just wondering if its not actually bites but hives due to the sun - I used to get these loads but have now developed to full blown solar urticaria where I am actually allergic to the sun. If it is then pop to your chemist and ask them for some advice - in the meantime try putting cool flannels on it to cool it down and there is a spray that the homeopathic firm wileda make which used to be called urtica urens spray, or insect bite spray, that always helped but I think they've changed the name now and no idea what to.

Actually even if its bites then your best bet is probably to pop to your chemist and ask them what they think of it as they are usually pretty good with this kind of stuff.

OMG that's so weird, but every morning Ive been waking up with awful itchy feet and ankles and weird bitey looking marks then they go.
But they keep coming back in different places this afternoon. They come up, itch like mad for a bit then go again!

xxx

Hi Mrsm79 , Thats really strange . I have a big patch around my ankle ,some on my fingers and wrists , one on my left hip and one behind my ear !!!!!. They are so itchy and they havnt eased off all day . I tried the cold cloths like miff suggested and they do cool them down but the relief is short lived. I am dreading going to bed because I know they will itch like mad . Hubbie actually said when he got up for work this morning he could see me scratching in my sleep !!!!!!!!. Think I will sleep on top of covers . will go to chemist tomorrow if they are not anybetter. :cry:

Been looking around on the net and have scared myself silly that I could have bedbug bites. !!!! . Think I will go to doctor tomorrow. Could have picked them up while we were away and thought they were mosquito bites. The kids didnt get bitten only me and hubbie. we have a dog and a cat as well here at home so who knows where they came from ......

Funny you should say that, I convinced myself I had bedbugs but it's a brand new bed and mattress!
I think mine may be hives!!!!!!! Apparently it can be caused by stress, that's my middle name at the mo Tracy "stress" Morris!!!!

xxx

that's freaky - I literally just came on here to say there was just a report on my local news about a couple who came back from a hotel in London with hundreds of bed bug bites and I was going to say could it be that!

Try hoovering all of your bed and mattress and change all your bedding - my other guess would be possibly fleas off the cat and dog maybe? But that wouldn't explain how you got them while you were away I wouldn't think - unless of course the fleas travelled on your luggage or clothing with you which is possible. Same the other way - the bed bugs can come back with you apparently which is kind of freaky and enough to stop you sleeping at night!!!!

I'm now scratching like crazy just at the thought of it and I don't have any bites hahaahahhaaha

Poor you Breda. Definitely pop along to the pharmacist. Do you have any calamine lotion? That's good for cooling and reducing the itch. Hope the itch subsides quickly - resisting the urge to scratch is 'aaargh!!'. x

Hope it settles down and the doc helps x

Hi Girls , Went to the doctor today and the good news is she doesnt think its bedbugs !!!. (Sorry for making you all crawl hee hee) . The bad news is she thinks its like a secondary infection from the bites . She didnt like the big one on my lower leg in particular . It now a big red/purply blotch around the size of an orange !!!. so she put me on a stronger antihistamine , steroids for 7 days , and betnovate cream and if that doesnt clear them I have to go back to her again .. She said the steroids could raise my appetite for a few days and I dont know if its psycosomatic (is that the right word?)or not but I have been craving all evening. :mad:. Will have to be very carefull tomorrow

Oh dear :( hope they help!! X

Back