breda's ww diary to good health

Ouch! Breda. That sounds really unpleasant, glad you saw the doctor. I think steroids are notorious for increasing appetite and weight gain but it's really important you get yourself well. Seven days will soon be gone. x

Thanks Girls. I have to admit that I am eating like a horse the last two days .:cry: :mad::mad:. I dont know if its the steroids or my stupid brain playing tricks with me or not but I have also been very tired as I couldnt get to sleep last night until about 4am because this stupid thing on my leg was going mad itchy. It was like hot pins sticking in my leg. Ended up wrapping cold towels around it. (imagine if you will one leg hanging out of the bed wrapped in a cold wet towel :doh:). The rest of the bites on my hands and upper leg seem to have calmed down so hopefully this one will too.

I havnt tracked the last two days either so that has to stop . I will start again tomorrow morning or otherwise I will def be up again on tuesday :(. The best I can hope for now is probably a STS . I really wanted to be down this week . oh well . thats life . Have to get off my butt and stop feeling sorry for myself and get on with it. Sorry to moan folks but it helps me get my thoughts back on track ..

oh no - poor you :( Its hell when you are that knackered and you then can't get any sleep and you have my sympathies as I know how frustrating that can be. It doesn't help keep your concentration with the diet side of things either when you feel like that so that combined with the steroids will be making it tough right now.

Try not to beat yourself up too much though - just keep tracking and try and stay within your weeklies by making healthier choices when you are eating loads and that should help minimise any damage. There are going to be times when life gets in the way and just keep in mind that this is a temporary bump because you have a health problem right now but once that is gone you will get right back on track and take control again.

Its great that you are still working through it all as a lot of people would have given up a lot more easily so keep going and you'll get there in the end.

And in the meantime (((hugs)))

Thanks Miff . You triggered a realisation there for me .Yes its just another bump on the road . I suppose what was getting to me was after practically 3 weeks off on hols and now another week off track with these bites,I have to pull it back again BUT I CAN ....its not a race !!!!

It will help that the kids will be back to school the 29th and it will be back in to routine.

Had a nice lazy Sunday here today. Went to local shopping centre to get last bits for back to school (schoolbags etc) . Had McDonalds (but it was my dinner). Didnt point today yet but dont think it has been too bad . will update later .

This is an unavoidable bump Breda. The key is trying to make healthier/better choices when you can. You will pull it back, all of us here are determined to do it this time ((())). I hope you get a decent sleep tonight too, sleep deprivation is a monster. M x

Hope ur feeling better! It's just a bump :) u will pull it bk xx

Hi Girls !!! . Thanks for looking out for me . Well I havnt had a great few days since I was on last :(. I just seem to be constantly eating . TG tomorrow is my last day on the steroids so I am hopeing that whether it has been all in my head or not that my excuse is gone tomorrow. I didnt go to class today either :whoopass:. .So bold and stupid really .I should know better at this stage. On a good note the mark on my leg from the bite has faded a lot and looks much better .

So I have to focus and get back on track . This week with eating so much rubbish I have felt lethargic and I cant sleep .. I hate that feeling. But I will turn this "bump" around because I have to for my Health and Family. Its not really about fitting in the clothes any more for me ,thats just a nice side effect!!!!!!! .

Back to tracking in the morning. Porridge is steeping in the pot for breakfast.:D Thanks for looking out for me girls . I m back and christmas is coming and this goose is NOT getting fat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate when I don't have control over what I'm eating and end up grabbing worse foods - I totally get the whole lethargic and feeling a lot worse thing! Use that as a motivator in that even if you are eating more just make the right choices - even if it doesn't work from a weight point of view (it probably will) you will feel SO much better that its a really big motivator to stick with it :)

With any luck once the steroids are finished things will improve again - try and get your head back to remembering why you started to begin with. What was your "enough is enough" moment and keep that in mind this week to remind yourself why you are doing it and get you back in the right mindset. Its so hard getting your head back in the right space when you've had a break from it and I've always found that going back to that feeling, while horrible, helps get me back in the "zone".

Good luck - you're doing fab and will get there :)

Thanks so much for the motivation girls I really need it at the moment. Have been good so far today :D. need to get a few good days together and I know I will be back and running again.

Breakfast
30g porridge................3pp
1/2 pt LF milk..............4pp

Lunch
2 * Mccambridge brown bread.....4pp
2* slices ham............................2pp
1* WW yogurt...........................1pp
1* ptk walkers lights..................2pp
Bananna

Dinner
TBD

16/29 so far

You've had a few tricky weeks Breda, holidays then steroids. Try taking a day at a time. Great news the bite is improving too - hope the hideous itching disappeared too. Here's to a great week x

Hi
i hope you don't mind me crashing in and saying hi - you are doing fabulously and you have very good reasons for a blip. I'm not having a blip at the moment, I'm just not in agreement with the scales!
Great that you are back on track - it WILL show next week

well done for getting back on track - you'll get there. You'll get motivated again when you go back to your meeting Tuesday - do you stay for the talks after? If not I would say definitely stay this week because I know that really helps me to get back in motivation mode :)

As said above just take one day at a time and you'll be fine - you're doing so well so far

Hi Girls . I wont lie and say I had a good day because I definitly didnt. I was good yesterday and lost it again today. I seem to be constantly hungry . I am still hopeing it was the steroids and will fade away. In no way am I giving up but this is a tough bump on the road. :cry:. It has also been TOTM over the last week .

I think I will have to go cold turkey on the sugar(chocolate, biscuits ,white bead etc) for a few days to get rid of the sugar monster and get myself back on track. They have all creeped back in since the hols and have to go .

Yeah I had this problem so I know exactly where you're coming from!
It'll take about a week for your sugar cravings to go but once they go, they will stay gone provided you stay off the sugar. You could try replacing the bread with ryvita, I know it's not exactly the same thing but if you dip ryvita in soup, it goes soft so tastes kind of the same! The chocolate and biscuits could be replaced with fruit or a weight watchers yoghurt which are really sweet! Some fruit is really sweet-I like pink lady apples precisely because they are sweet lol. Bananas are sweet, pineapple, mango, nectarine, grapes..:)

Hi Girls , I havnt given up dont worry . I am trying hard to get back on track . I will be going to class on Tuesday come what may. I hope you are all feeling good.

I am dissappointed that I have been off plan for so long but theres no point in beating myself up I suppose thats not positive. Bloody weight !! so hard to loose but so easy to put on.

Chocolate is a major trigger for me and once I have some I am off binging on anything I can find. Also gone back to drinking lots of tea and coffee . Has to stop.

Line drawn .back to reality .

A stone to loose by Christmas
Friends wedding next May

Thanks Jo . You are a great support . The chocolate and sweet stuff have got to go for me to settle again so as of tomorrow morning ,no chocolate for me :mad::mad:. (or white bread or sweet things)

I am also going to get up early tomorrow (when hubby is going to work and go for a walk or a cycle) . The kids are back to school tuesday and wednesday so there will be more me time. no excuse .

Hi all ,just going to load up my menu for today ,leaving nothing to chance!!!

Breakfast
30g porridge..................3pp
1/2 pt skim milk.............4pp

Orange/Bananna

Lunch...salad
1 boiled egg...................2pp
1 babybel light and 1 slice edam cheese...2pp
Tomatoe/lettuce /beetroot,
2tbsp low fat coleslaw.....2pp
1* skinny cow dipper ice cream.........2pp

Dinner
200g potatoe..................4pp
Veg
130g salmon fillet...........6pp
2 tsp flora light ..............1pp

Snack later
Melon
1 WW yogurt...................1pp

27/29 so far

Last edited:
Hi Breda - I've been having a few weeks that have gone all haywire as well. I'm thinking its kind of that time of year with holidays etc plus in your case you've had meds that haven't helped etc. I've drawn a line under it from yesterday and I'm treating today as a fresh start so maybe the two of us can do that together if it helps ;)

My hints for sweet fruit to kill sugar cravings are grapes, pink lady apples (for someone reason only if I chop them into chunks not if I eat them whole - weird) and watermelon. Meringue nests are good for when you HAVE to have something "bad" as they feel very indulgent but they are actually only 1 point for a single meringue nest (3 points for 2) so are good value.

Good luck for today - you can get back on track and you'll get there in the end :)

Hi Miff , I would love to have a fresh start with you today . nothing like having someone to compare notes or moan !! to. So far so good for me today . I have just had my dinner and I am stuffed. the salmon fillet was lovely just wrapped in tinfoil with salt and pepper (forgot to get a lemon today) and done in the oven and I steamed my potatoes and brocalli and cauliflower. YumYum .

We went to our nearest shopping centre (Limerick city) today as it was like our last hurrah as son is back to school tomorrow. Went for a coffee but had just that plain coffee.(usually it would be latte and a muffin BBs ). Was proud of myself.

Also walked to the local shop for the paper this morning (might not sound much but we live in the country so its 15mins walk each way.

I love my fruit too but have to limit to about 4 max a day . Ilove the pink lady apples too , Melon,oranges ,banannas, .Grapes make me crave sweet things so I dont have them often or pineapple. Strawberries I love too . Hope today went well for you .:D:D

Back