breda's ww diary to good health

Yup you can get it on amazon. The Beck Diet Solution: Train your brain to think like a thin person: Amazon.co.uk: Judith S. Beck: Books

It's all CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy), weight watchers programme is too so it works really well in tandem with the weight watchers programme:) The "cognitive" part means the way you think about things and "behaviour" part means the way you behave. This blog Downward TrENZ: Day 1 – The Beck Diet Solution has the whole programme in it.

It definitely compliments to the weight watchers 10 winning habits.
I didn't actually buy it lol, I first saw a thread on it here on minimins (there's a Beck forum in the "Bring your head and your mind will follow" section) and thought it looked interesting. I promptly googled it and found a lot of info online on it. Theres a Beck thread on 3fatchicks.com Beck Diet Solution - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community which is almost like an American version of minimins! My weight has yo-yoed in the past so I wanted something to help me sort out my relationship with food.

It does require a bit of work learning the skills in the book and continuing to use them but it definitely does work so for me its been worth the effort:)

oooo I've just been looking at the Beck Diet blog thing you posted Dietgirl - it looks really interesting. I may have to have a look at investing in the book methinks. Not so much getting me into the diet but keeping my head in the right place to keep sticking with it and help me actually accept myself as being thinner and staying there - it sounds strange to say it but that's not as easy as people think it is!

Hope everything is going well Breda and you are finding it easier to stay on track - you can definitely do this and you'll feel so much better next weigh in when the scales start going down again:)

ooh i like that thought jo, will keep it in mind! hope your operation went well:)

thanks mifford, yeah I've been a yo-yo dieter before so I've been dealing with the psychological aspects more now. I totally know what you mean :)

There is a "honeymoon period" to a diet with me-normally at the start, everything goes great, I lose weight, fit into smaller clothes, get lots of compliments etc. Then the success scares me because I think "what will I focus on after I lose weight? what will I do then?" so I self-sabotage. I also think I tend to rebel against the strict rules of a diet-I tend to be really strict on myself so it ends up being an all-or-nothing thing. This poster on youtube was saying this and it made me realise that I do this too! (I was looking up stuff on youtube-I research everything!!-and I came across this girl who was a binge eater but has recovered and she posts these really helpful videos so heres the link for anyone who wants it: Kanal von OvercomeBingeEating - YouTube

I think I secretly get a "payoff" from being overweight, its "safer" and a way to soothe myself instead of problem solving. I've been trying to eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full whilst doing weight watchers. It does work, I just need to do it all the time and not just some of the time:)

hope you're well brida:)

Hope ur well Breda xx

Breda,I too haven't really managed to get back on that wagon yet :break_diet:
Got back to class this week and am only sort of there
Hows the sugar monster?:talk017:

Hi Girls . Im doing OK over the last few days now. It took me tuesday and wednesday to get really back in to pointing but Im back on track now. I feel really stupid that I let this (relapse) happen again and have 10 lb to loose again !!!!!!!!!!. The evil trigger for me seems to be chocolate . It just leads me to overeating anything sweet . I just have to cut it down to a minimum and find other treats for myself. Theres no point in saying Ill cut it out completely because then Ill feel deprived and binge.

Anyway back to basics this week and hopefully Ill be back on the loosing track next tuesday. Thanks for looking out for me girls.

Glad ur back to it! Bet u will lose those 10 quickly coz it won't be a real gain :) hugs x

well done for getting back to it Breda - just draw a line under the last few weeks as you can't change them but it looks like the good news is that you've learnt one of your triggers and now its just to come up with a plan for next time the sugar monster decides to attack! ;)

As Carly says that weight will be off again in no time and you'll be back on the right road before you know it.

I know now that the holiday started me off on the chocolate again . It doesnt help when hubby and son buy 3 huge bars (on offer) on the boat going over and love their croissants and pastries as well. I will just have to have alternatives with me next time .

Just something I saw on TV the other night and I thought it might help people (has def helped me this week) . It was that Claire Richards show about her battle with overeating and Yo-Yo dieting. One of the things she tried was hypnosis and the guy said when you think about having something you shouldnt i.e chocolate for me ,imagine it covered with something Yucky like toe nail clippings or poo or sick and it doesnt be long putting you off i tell Ya :D:D:D.

yeah i remember a weight watchers leader told us that chocolate was basically lard covered in cocoa powder..that put me off chocolate for so long! just having that visual image in my head!!

theres this hynotherapist marisa peer and she does similar stuff on her website, she has all these pictures of biscuits etc that don't rot after years and years and still look brand new, it really disgusted me tbh!!

See I don't want to not eat stuff I just want to be normal and able to limit things :) lol xx

I wouldlove that too Carly , to be able to have a little piece of cake , biscuit ,sweets whatever and then stop but its not the way my body works :mad:. I dont really want to cut out everything sweet either but It is definitly an accumulative thing with me . The more I have the more i want, so it has to be little and occasionally . Its also better to have my sweet treat late in the evening because then my body has time to digest it and I can start on a good note in the morning. If I have it early in the day ,i dont give it time to digest and before long I am filling my face again.

My Three positives for today.

I stayed within my points.

I cooked a nice healthy roast for lunch.

I read a lot of good tips today and watched that U tube video about overeating that dietgirl told us about . It was excellent .

Michillinwoman said:
My Three positives for today.

I stayed within my points.

I cooked a nice healthy roast for lunch.

I read a lot of good tips today and watched that U tube video about overeating that dietgirl told us about . It was excellent .

Fab positive points today :)
What's the youtube video called? I love watching that kind of thing - I missed the Claire Richards prog & I'm so upset!

CGx
Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Carrie if you go back to p46 of my diary you will see the link there.Its something like Kanal von Overcome Binge eating- U Tube

Carrie if you have Sky I think the Claire Richards thing is still on Anytime - its a 3 part series so should be there until the next episode at least.

Breda I love the positives - it seems I've started a trend lol

Oh and I'm exactly the same on the being unable to eat a little bit of something thing - if I want to limit how much I have then basically I have to only buy they amount I want to eat if that makes sense. If I have a packet of 5 curly wurlies I can't eat 1 and then leave the rest for later in the week - they call to me from the fridge because I know they are there. It was annoying me that I didn't have that control until recently when someone else at my meetings commented that they had given up trying to fight it and now recognise that if they are going to stick to being skinnier long term then they now accept that that is who they are and work with it. Its another one of those things that lodged in my brain and made me look at it differently again - so there's another positive for you that you have already recognised this about yourself and have a plan to deal with it so big thumbs up :)

I don't have Sky & that's why I'm gutted! :(
Can't find the youtube post on p46 either but i'm guessing it's because I've got my setting set for '10 posts per page' oops! ;)
Will keep looking :)

CGx
Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Come on then Breda, what'd you get for 1st weigh in??? I'm -4.5lbs...you have to do the same :D

Hi Girls ,just back from class ,Lost 2lb yippie. Delighted to be on the road again !! . Wow Kitty you did fantastic ,great start. Our leader gave a great talk today so I am all fired up again determined to have at least a stone gone by Christmas. Went shopping after class so well stocked up .

Oh for all you Irish out there ,super Valu has their WW meals reduced to 2 euro at the moment and the Pizzas .

Back