breda's ww diary to good health

Hope ur well hun xx

Off to weigh in this morning. Scales not playing nice here :wave_cry:. Think TOTM due . going anyway ,will update .

I am happy to announce the death of one mouse !!!! . Hubbie caught it with a trap. very inhumane i know but couldnt bare the thought of it running around the house.

re. the mouse - it was probably a more humane way than when the cat would have got hold of it again and literally scared it to death over a longer period. The problem I have with them is that once the cat has tormented it and terrified it so much I know its going to die ... but it lies there looking at me. I know that if I were to hit it with a shovel or similar I would actually be putting it out of its misery but I just can't do it - my inability to be cruel means that I'm probably more cruel than if I was just more heartless!!

I will admit that I never have any issue with them being dead though - much better that than running around anywhere near me!

Hope WI went better than you expected :)

Well I put up 0.5lb :wave_cry:. Knew it this morning on my own scales .O well on to this week . Its not much and is probably down to TOTM. Will be better this week.

My Aims for this week :

(1)START DOING SOME REGULAR EXERCISE . 30 mins a day .

(2)Loose 1-2lb next Tuesday

(3)Make more effort to cook nice meals and use some new recipes.

Miff. I know what you mean about killing them . (mice I mean !!!) . Our cats have done that to us as well ,bringing them half dead . Hubby hit one with a rock one day to put it out of its misery and came back in almost in tears . Its horrible to have to do it . I know I couldnt either. :eek:

Hi Breda,
Well done for getting back on track - I'm hugely impressed with you taking back the control. Having a little of something nice and stopping is a massive battle and shows where you are, well done again. xx

Don't let the very slight gain get you down, you're in the right frame of mind to lose weight and will get it off in no time! Your aims are really good and realistic, I used to learn how to cook one recipe a week, its definitely better to build it up over time! Its funny cos I love cooking now but before I was hopeless so I know the mini-goals def do work from my own experience!x

Thanks Girls . Think Im gonna need help this week:cry: . Today is my birthday so hubby suprised me last night with champagne and strawberries !!! not too bad you may say .... BUT also arrived with a big tea time express chocolate layer cake !!!!! which I had to have a big slice of .......... :17729:.Well I suppose I have the most of a week to work it off .:wave_cry:

Hi Girls,

Thanks for the birthday wishes Mrsm79 . :D

Jo ,delighted to hear birthday cake points dont count as I think I probably exhausted most of my weeklies on one day yesterday !!!!!!!!!!!!.

Back to reality today . Have been trying some of the quick Porridge products around as basically I got tired of making the real one in the morning . Got a really nice one in lidl yesterday Oatilicious "oh so oaty" . 1.29 euro for ten sachets ..6pp with lowfat milk (I used skimmed so called it 5pp) . Tastes the most like porridge to me (not like ready brek..too sweet for me.didnt need any sweetner . enough sweetness in milk ) ready in 3mins .Yum :). I get bored with breakfasts and change around regularly . Was on special K there for a while but having too big a bowl and craving sugar an hour later .

Belated Birthday wishes Breda. Heck, if you can't enjoy cake then, when can you? ;) Interesting you talk about Special K giving you sugar cravings - on the days I have Ready Brek (made with water), I seem to be able to last a lot longer... on Special K days I'm almost ready to eat again with 30 minutes or so! You learn something new everyday. Happy Birthday again xx

Hi All,

Well had a bad few days really ,havnt recovered from birthday pig out on wednesday yet. How is it if I go overboard on the sugar for one day:mad: my body just goes crazy looking for more ,more,more. Its so hard then to get off it again . I get withdrawals- ,headaches ,really bad nasal congestion /sinus ,dizzyness and total mental fog and could sleep at the drop of a hat. Im convinced after reading a lot on the subject that for some people ,sugar is a toxin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. (especially this glucose-fructose syrup) .

Got up this morning and had a boiled egg and wholemeal bread (fine) then went to town with hubby and ended up going for coffee and had a real sweet cupcake!!!!!. I am here now and experiencing the slump after the sugar high. serves me right !!!. Have to get it out of my system now again:wave_cry:. WI tuesday so have to pull it back.

Aaaah , Thanks Jo... You are doing exactly the right thing for me being harsh .Its what I need at the moment .I am faffing with it. I will never give up but I am getting nowhere at the moment. Its like two steps forward and one step back. :sigh:. Thanks for making me realise that.:)

Its becoming patently obvious to me(again!!) that I have to avoid all processed sugar products (including chocolate!!) . I will still get natural sugar from fruit and veg and wholemeal bread .

My daughter is gluten and dairy free (Autistic) and I can inforce that for her but I havnt been able to inforce sugar free on myself which makes me a bit hypocritical doesnt it??????.

Thanks again Jo .:bighug:(Big Hug) I am fed up about being fed up with this. Time for action ...:mad:

I get withdrawals- ,headaches ,really bad nasal congestion /sinus ,dizzyness and total mental fog and could sleep at the drop of a hat.

Breda when do you next have your thyroid levels tested? You do know those are all classic hypo symptoms - it could explain why you are struggling to stick to it at the moment. Admittedly it might just be an excuse but it would tie in - what was your TSH level last time it was looked at?

It sounds to me like your insulin levels are crashing after you eat sugar as well - its another classic thyroid thing. You eat the sweet stuff and get a high from it but you produce too much insulin, your body doesn't recognise it so produces more and more and more then it realises it has too much and crashes out with your insulin dropping. As you've roller coasted your body then craves the sugar to bring the insulin level back up and you get into this viscious circle - did you say the other day that you get really grumpy and snappy afterwards as well? I am exactly like that when my insulin levels have bottomed out and its taken me a while to recognise what it is - I get really shaky with it too. I now know that if I'm feeling kind of shaky and slight butterflies in my stomach and I'm getting "edgy" with people then I need to drink some orange juice, wait a little bit for it to take effect and then have something low GI to level me out and keep my insulin level up where it should be - ie jacket potato with something protein or something along those lines.

Not sure if it'll answer any of the problems you've been having lately but it might be worth looking at - the way you've been describing it definitely sounds very familiar to me and since I've had my thyroid better controlled its not been happening anywhere near as much.

Hugs Breda! Sorry I missed it birthday! Sounds like an amazing day! Now.... *grabs hand* - let's jump bk on this wagon together :D xx

Hi Jo, Carly and Miff . Thanks for all your encouragement and kind comments. You are all such stars .

Well I eventually got my act together on Sunday and have cut out all the processed sugar and have just been eating very healthily, the old fashioned way . Proteins, complex carbs ,veg and Fruit. Monday I could have slept all day (withdrawal)but today I have much more energy. Went to my class this morning and was up one pound but I know it could have been a lot worse . :eek:.

Miff ,I dont think its my thyroid because my last blood test in July was perfect TSH=1.24 and free T4=16.0 . I think I am caught in that insulin resistant loop and the only way I know how to get off that loop is to cut out the sugars all together then my insulin levels arnt hopping all over the place.

I have read a bit about sugar addiction and they recommend having protein and complex carbs at each meal and eating just 3 meals a day and a carb snack before bed (baked potatoe or an apple). Have pointed my food for yesterday and today and am still within my limits and really full (must be all the protein!!!). Will let you know how its going . :D

well done for facing the scales Breda - as you say it could have been worse and at least now its done so you can leave that behind you and move on. Hopefully you'll get the sugar monster under control and that 1lb will be back off again in no time :)

That's not bad at all! Hope it all works out for u chick :) u are awesome xx

Back