Bubble's Vegan Slimming World ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hey guys, thanks for the support. I do find the weekends tough, but I think we all do? I was visiting my parents and my brother and sister and their partners all visited too - I started the day on plan but then I got halfway through and thought 'sod it', i only see them all 3/4 times a year. We all stayed over and had a cooked breakfast and went out for lunch and I did get back on plan for the sunday:

Sunday

Breakfast:
  • 3 x Linda McCartney Rosemary and Onion Sausages (Free)
  • Wholemeal bap (HEB - but it was bigger than I think you're allowed so a added 6 syns too)
  • Ketchup (1 syn)

Lunch: (We went to the harvester)
  • Various speed veg from the salad bar (Free)
  • Baked potato with no butter (Free)
  • Steamed Veg (Free)
  • Baked Beans (Free)

So back on it today, Tuesday and Wednesday - I shall aim for zero syns for these three days to try and undo some damage!

I just hope i've not gained - if i lose the 0.5 pounds and get my 1 stone award i'll be VERY happy!

Hi bubbles, well done on the weight loss, amazing numbers. Reading this as I'm looking for vegan inspiration. What did you have in your Subway....there is only so much lettuce I can eat.

That drunken subway was just a veggie delight (with no cheese obvs). I just wish i'd not done it! oh well!

Are you on facebook? there are some unofficial vegan slimming world groups where there are recipies shared all the time :)

Thanks, no i don't use Facebook...to many pity me parties on it.
Was in subway last week and the veggie patty has egg in it and u didn't want just lettuce, cucumber and tomato.

The weekends are always tough. It is hard to find a balance of still enjoying events, and then just letting it all go.

My tactic recently when I've had so much on at weekends is to not drink on a Friday and just drink Saturday, and try to pre plan food. Doesn't always go to plan though but getting back on it on Sunday usually limits the damage, as I used to get a hangover breakfast and takeaway on Sundays. Just those changes on a Friday and Sunday has really helped me.

Hhhhmmmm, was not happy this week - i put on half a pound :(
Friday night and all day Saturday were a write off but I was extra good sun-wed so thought I could have scraped through with a maintain - oh well onwards!

So this week I have no weekend p;lans for once so will be able to stick to plan all week. I'm actually giving SP a go this week and also trying to not have any syns! Or if i do no more than 5 a day.

Fingers crossed!

Ah no worries, it happens. It is better to look at the month as a whole and how well you have done. It is also how we overcome the gains and come back with a loss.

A clear weekend makes such a difference, I don't have one this weekend, but have one the week after and I am kind of looking forward to it, to get a bigger loss.

Best of luck

OK i'm getting concerned.
Since i had a gain last week i've been doing SP all week (since Thursday). I've only had 19.5 syns altogether since then and have only had speed and P food (except on day one when i ate 12 grapes assuming they were speed...)

But the scales aren't really showing any difference. I'll be so annoyed/upset if i maintain or gain....

:oops:

Bubbles, I'm not an expert at all so this is very much my simplistic opinion. Looking at your stats you are within normal body weight range so it is possible your body is simply saying this is were I want to be. Even if you want to trim up a bit your body may not. Perhaps try exercise for toning rather than dieting for weight loss. As I say by no way a medical or fitness opinion, just going by what I know about my body.

Sometimes this happens to me too, but then by weigh in I have lost around 1.5lbs. I'd try to refrain weighing too much in between as it can seem really odd.

Also I agree with tipperary above. You are in a healthy BMI range, so it does slow down when you are near your target, and even just 1lb a week is decent, even if it does feel slow.

Weigh in tonight - fingers crossed!

People at my group are always banging on about Diet Coke chicken. So I decided to try it with tofu. Marinated slices in Diet Coke, soy sauce, garlic, onion powder, chilli flakes and lemon juice - then baked it. It worked, very nice too
1f44d_1f3fd.png
had with broccoli and mashed swede. SP dinner
1f917.png

Diet Coke Tofu.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks ladies! :)

Did another SP day yesterday, think I may do another one today and Mon-Wed - have some carbs over the weekend :)

Do your groups have a facebook group - i find it really motivational seeing other peoples food, plus our rep is really encouraging.

Back