Buddies wanted. Starting Friday

Hello all. I had a crappy week but damage limitation starting Monday meant only a 1LB gain on the scales today. Sometimes a bad week can give you the motivation to carry on whilst being realistic that we are all human and are not perfect. The fact that we pick ourselves up and carry on shows just how strong and determined we can be if we put our minds to it. xxx

Exactly Mrs Dodd! I know I've found my mojo back this week for the first time since Christmas because I've had a gain. I think if I'd lost I could so easily say, well I'm still loosing and cheating! Just not worth it.

exactly hun! It's all a learning curve and I'm on my best behaviour this week. Have even changed my weigh days to monday to keep me going through the weekend as won't have time for damage limitation again xx

Hi all!

2lbs loss this week.

Been advised to knock the gym on the head for 2 weeks (which is the next time I'll see my consultant and see if it will make a difference) Got to admit I'm a bit upset by the thought of not going, I actually really enjoy it. Just an experiment for 2 weeks and then we can re-evaluate. It's either that or continue with Gym but go up to step 3.

I've got to remember the Gym will be there after I've lost more weight - luckily it's only £11 a month so not a huge amount to be loosing while I do the experiment. I think I can even "freeze" my membership for half price.

Well done on the 2lb loss hun! That's not a bad price for the gym, and if you can freeze it that's even better! Are the inches going down well? xx

Hey ladies how you all doing I'm struggling to get back on it after my heavy weekend of birthday celebrations turning 30 lol. I tried yesterday to get back in to it had my 3 packs and was soo hungry ended up having 2 slices of toast I don't get weighed till Sunday so hoping for at least a loss of some sort I'm ss as of today as don't want a gain. My next event is a holiday at the end of March so hoping to shed another stone by then. Hope you've all been good xx

Good plan to go for damage limitation hun. You will manage that on ss no problem. I have faith in you xx

crap crap crap failed to get through today ill try again tomorrow such a fool :cry:

You made a mistake. Put it behind you and do this hunni. A year down the line you will look back with regret if you don't. Think of how awesome it will be to be a stone skinnier in a month tell yourself it's now or never. You have done so well so far it's not gonna beat you at the last hurdle xxxx

You made a mistake. Put it behind you and do this hunni. A year down the line you will look back with regret if you don't. Think of how awesome it will be to be a stone skinnier in a month tell yourself it's now or never. You have done so well so far it's not gonna beat you at the last hurdle xxxx

You're so right mrsdodd I can't understand why I'm struggling so much mayby it's because I really wanted to lose weight for my birthday party and now that it's been and gone my motivation has wained abit but I'm no where near goal I have to keep going even tho I'm standing here talking to you my brain is thinking what can I sneakily eat whilst my partners away to play snooker
It's so tough when the motivation goes and also when you've mucked up soo much of the week already you get the mindset of what difference will it make now. Feel so deprived even tho I've ate every night ?

They do say it's harder to get back on the wagon rather than to start the first time. Have you got another event you can aim to be at goal for? xxx

Another event is the way to go. I've found my motivation really lacking since Christmas, which was the first time I'd seen my mum in 6 months, and managed to loose 2.5 stone for that from October. Then lost a bit sort of piddling about with the plan since then. BUT! They come down again on May bank holiday which is 13 weeks today, from when I got focused again it was 14 weeks. 2lbs a week and that's 2 more stones gone and my lowest adult weight EVER.

Hope everyone is doing okay. Had a crappy week again this week - the last rat passed away. Sad but managed to contain my emotional eating to an evening and didn't eat as much as I would have done.

I was starting to despair that I wouldn't loose any this week but this morning my scale showed 15 stone 1. Which is a 2 lb drop again for me this week. No official weigh in as I'm off out for the day so I'll see her next week. Thinking my body is recognizing that I'm not pushing it to it's limits with no fuel and allowing me to loose again. We'll see I suppose next week.

Off to try and buy a dress for my niece's Christening today... and the event is tomorrow. Wish me luck and that I don't end up crying in the dressing rooms!

Crafty I'm sorry to hear about your rats. What an awful time for you. Well done on maintaining the plan you must be determined! Good luck with the dress hunting! I'm sure you will find something lovely! xxxxx

Thanks Mrs Dodd! Eventually got a tunic top from BHS (size 16!) which I'll pair with some leggings and heels. I still don't like shopping; before I'd buy something that "would do" knowing that I'd be unhappy in it anyway but now I can be a bit more picky things I thought I'd like and would suit me just don't. Partially reminds me just how far I still have to go as well!

Stepped on the scales this morning as well to see 14 stone 13 (0.6) so I got into the 14's before the Christening! So happy about that. I won't update anything until my official weigh in next week, but nearly at 3.5 stone!

Well had a 5lb gain not as much as I thought but still a gain I'm still in the 14st bracket which I'm glad about. That's me got everything out my system tomorrow is the start of a new week a stronger week a motivational week a good loss week, I have 3and a half weeks till my holiday and want to get in to the 13st bracket by then. I'm happy that all you ladies are doing well and I'm looking forward to getting my summer challenge under way.

You can do it Melissa!

I bought some new jeans today! 2 pairs in a size 16. One pair fit me now, though tight and obviously stretchy denim; the second pair (that I didn't try on!) should hopefully fit me in about 1/2 a stone to a stones time. They're not too far off, but my problems not my hips or waist but my ginormo thighs! Also got a reduced top, because it was £2 the only one left was a size 12 - that fits, but will fit better in about half a stone as well hopefully!

Weigh in day for me today - how are the rest of you doing?

4lbs over the last two weeks. Looking back you can say I've been nothing but consistent. It's a bit depressing only 2lbs a week, but got to remember there's no way I would get even that on Slimming World, calorie counting or Weight Watchers etc.

I've got 2 more weeks now before I see my lady again and I'm still sticking to SS+ with no Gym. Will evaluate after those 2 weeks as to if I want to do a higher step and gym again or not.

Weigh in day for me today - how are the rest of you doing? 4lbs over the last two weeks. Looking back you can say I've been nothing but consistent. It's a bit depressing only 2lbs a week, but got to remember there's no way I would get even that on Slimming World, calorie counting or Weight Watchers etc. I've got 2 more weeks now before I see my lady again and I'm still sticking to SS+ with no Gym. Will evaluate after those 2 weeks as to if I want to do a higher step and gym again or not.

Hi crafty,
It's going in the right direction thTs what matters I'm getting weighed tomorrow so will let u know I've had a good week no cheats and drank plenty water only thing I've had totm for 3 weeks now and it's gotten quite bad this week I'm hoping I'm not retaining I don't feel bloated but will see.
I feel thinner this week my clothes feel loser it's weird that how u notice changes in a matter of days it's a nice feeling.
Catch up tomorrow x

10lb loss this week, so my 5lb gain gone plus 5 more well chuffed and that's me now lost 3st1lb so happy and hopefully next week will be in to the 13st point which feels really surreal ?

Brilliant hun. That's the way to do it. Good luck for next weigh in xx

Back