Busy day!! Tooooooo busy!! My first Gym sesh!

lighterlifeclaire

Silver Member
Well... :eek::eek::eek: Am I knackered or WHAT :rolleyes:

I've had such a busy day... had a job interview at 11am... then had to rush back to work... completely forgot my packs and to have a shake for brekkie and it reached 3pm and I was well n truly famished :( So... (I know this bit sounds bad) but without any guilt in the world... I went and bought myself a super-duper-freshly-made-plain-no-sauce-salad-chicken-granary-sandwich... Munched that and felt OK and much better (probably out of ketosis but my lack of plannin 2day shud have been sorted so it couldnt have been helped because I was nowhere near home!!!)

Then I thought... :eek: Weigh in tomorrow... So I went to the gym at my work (i work on a fire station so its freeeee!) and played Badminton.. for about 40 minutes... then I done 30 minutes on the bike thing...

:eek::eek::eek: I am knackered I have just got in and I'm guna have a bath and then a shake... Wow... I must be unfit...

But I feel GREAT :D:D:D:D Actually better than great... I feel errrrm TREMENDOUS!!!

Now... time for a bath - back to reality my bloody legs r killin!

(Don't mention the lapse!!!!... I'm over it :cool:)

Hi Claire
It is possible to go all day without packs and catch up in the evening, I have done it on quite a few occasions. You just need to keep the water up.
These were all planned but now I know I can do it, I would be fine if caught out.
Just an idea for next time. If you know in your mind you can do it, you should be be able to do it no problem.

Its a lot to learn! You're getting there girl!! :D We're all learning together!

And I will say it again, you are 1/3 of the way to your goal!! Thats some good incentive right there!

I must admit, the first day I went without I thought I would suffer and struggle, but itsnot as bad as you think!! :)

Quite a few times lately I've not ate until the evening but I'd never done that before.

Claire you're a star for picking yourself up and getting into the gym - good on you :)

Don't worry Claire.
If you are prepared it is a lot easier, I know when I am going to do it so am ready for it.
I would have been the same if I had got caught out first time.
Forget about today, now you have a new tool.

Very poot effort in my opinion you just made a number of excuses. I would see that as £66 wasted for a week and another week on LL
this may sound harsh but its true your happiness is only short lived. Focus and don't slip up you can do it!

I think it is really easy to sit on the side, and tell someone - well, you just didn't try hard enough - but I don;t think that's our place, with all due respect.

None of us really know what goes on inside our heads, and what drives us, and what makes us choose the things we choose.

I realise some feel the correct approach is 'tough love' but I sometimes wonder if that is appropriate? Maybe it's just me, and my sensitivities, but I would find that less the supportive. ?

Not having a go - just saying how I felt when I read that. :)

people can not be congratulated for eating a sandwich surely this is why this forum is here to keep people on the correct path. I understand this is an individual journey but everyone is on the same road. I clicked on this thread because i am thinking of going to the gym tonight and its only my opinion and everyone may disagree but im not going to come on here and comfort someone because they ate a sandwich it will just make them do it again because it is a way of getting out of her personal guilt!! this diet is strict and you have to abide by the rules to succeed and not waste money!!

No, I completely agree with you - it is expensive, and a day 'wasted' cost something. But thats their worry really. And - she did recognise what she had done wrong, and I think that is a very good accomplishment so next time she may deal with it differntly! And I don't think they were congratulating her for having a sandwich. Thats not how I read it anyway. SO, that was really just my two penneth worth, now 5 - so I'll shut up now!! :D

I totally agree with you BL............................ I have re-read the thread and agree no-one was congratulating her for having a sandwich but for getting back on track and the most important thing is that she has regonised why she ate something and that it was her emotional chatterbox in her!!!!!!!!!!!

This diet is hard for some of us and we are all here to support each other... you keep talking girl I value your comments so keep going... I think you were totally right in everything you have said!!!!

Hi Claire,
Well done for going to the gym - that's really important and something I for one don't do enough.. or possibly at all <guilty look>.
On the subject of going off plan, my penneth is this: Take something from every slip-up and learn from it. In development, we're encouraged to keep a journal so maybe you could start something like that now. You know the stuff: do some thought records, write down some inspiring phrases, bung your photos in. I think the best thing about you is that what ever slip-ups you've made, you've got back on the diet and come onto minis and 'fessed up'. That's got to be an inspiration to so many people who go off plan once and think they are LL failures.
You are such a sweetie to everyone here and we all think you're great so keep at it girl!
Linze

Hi Lucas

I don't believe anybody was (or would) congratulate anybody for eating a sandwich, it is done and you need to learn from it and put it behind you, not dwell on it.
A big part of LL is about gaining 'tools' to help you during LL and beyond.
Claire got into a situation and she didn't know how to deal with it. Now she does and will be able to deal with things differently in the future.

What you said is quite harsh, IMO, and not terribly helpful.
This is a difficult programme we are on and we all need support, some more than others.

I agree - a day 'wasted' costs money, and means another day on the program - but thats not really any concern of mine certainly. I know what you are saying, but I don't think anyone was congratulating CLaire for having a sandwhich, at all, thats not how I read it anyway. AND, she DID recognise that she might have actually been dealing with emotional hunger, which is a great start to regonising things, therefore she may be able to use that tool the next time this happens. The diet is strict - but Claire makes her choices - I don't know - maybe its just me and my sensitivities...., it just did not feel very supportive, and thats what this site is about. ? And absolutely not saying you shouldn't have an opinion - not at all!! :) Just voicing mine. ;)

It was just my two penneth worth anyway which is now 5 penneth worth, so I'll shut up now. For awhile anyway. :D

ok i agree, no body congratulated her on eating a sandwich i did'nt mean for that to be taken literally, but for me her day did'nt seem that busy and she was making excuses i think its good i offer a different approach from everyone saying the same thing. I believe to achieve your goal you have to be 100 percent disciplined. I understand there may be lapses for many people but im just saying that its not the best idea to post a positive thread when you have done something very negative its just covering up what the issue.

Back