Buttonboots....My Journal....(or I will be half the woman I am now!)

Another week over....and another pound off!

One tricky moment this week....a friend visited Mum and left a treat for me....a plate of home-made bhajees! When Mum told me, I took a deep breath and asked her to eat them herself....or give them to someone else...or even bin them (even though I hate waste!) ....it was tough! I love bhajees - but anything deep-fried is not going to sit well on my stomach!...it was tough - I can easiy eat a half dozen of the deep-fried delicious snacks - and then polish off a full curry....with rice and naan bread!......NO! I am going to focus on success....I have lost over a stone.....I will get to the 18 stone somethign by Christmas!...and those bhajees probably tasted horrible!

Well done - that is amazing will power!! And well done with the loss! xx

Another week over....and another pound off!

One tricky moment this week....a friend visited Mum and left a treat for me....a plate of home-made bhajees! When Mum told me, I took a deep breath and asked her to eat them herself....or give them to someone else...or even bin them (even though I hate waste!) ....it was tough! I love bhajees - but anything deep-fried is not going to sit well on my stomach!...it was tough - I can easiy eat a half dozen of the deep-fried delicious snacks - and then polish off a full curry....with rice and naan bread!......NO! I am going to focus on success....I have lost over a stone.....I will get to the 18 stone somethign by Christmas!...and those bhajees probably tasted horrible!

Stayed the same this week.

There was an initial moment of disappointment - but I am looking at things positively.....okay, so I didn't lose weight this week....but I didn't gain any either!

A quick check of my diary shows that my time-of-month was due a couple of days ago...now i am over 50 and things are slowing down in tha department...but it could well be that I am retaining a little water and that I may just be a little later than usual ...so there coul be a biological reason for the sts.

I'll keep a strict eye on what I eat this week - make sure I am fully aware of what I eat and drink. With a bit of lick ....and a fair amount of determination, i'll see a loss next week!

2 pounds off this week!

One of the benefits of keeping a record like this diary is that hopefully next time I sts (in many many mnoths time!....please not too soon!) I can look back and remember that if I stick to the plan I will lose the next week!

(I also have a stinkiong cold and it feel like I am carrying at least one more pound in horrid gunk in my nose/head/chest!....I have a GP appointment booked for something else for later this week....chances are if I haven't shifted it he'll have me on those huge great horse-pill antibiotics....oh joy!...)

I'm thrilled!....Somehow I managed to lose 3 pounds!This brings me down to exactly 19 stone! ....I'm hoping for getting into the 18 stone something for next week.....although I have one new problem - the doctor has started me on a new set of meds (for a condition not related to my weight)...and one of the side-effects is weight gain! I'm only on the high dose for 3 weeks or so before we try lowering it - so hopefully I'll be able to keep things on track! (It's a form of steroids)Oh and I tried the Hairy Dieters pasty idea this week...using pizza dough as pastry - delicious!....although I did a meat and veg filling rather than their cheese one.

It's been a rough couple of weeks....

I went down with a really heavy cold and ended up on antibiotics...yuk!

Then the GP decided that I needed high dose steroids for 3 weeks (not related to the cold)...with every chance I will put weight on a side effect!...still, it is only 3 weeks!

And then, just to make things perfect....I am off the Xenical! The slight problem with hemerroids came back and it seems the xenical is, if not actually causing them, then excaerbating them...so no more blue pills for me!....at least not for a while!

On the up side.....I have managed to stay-the-same for the past week or so! I was really nervous about getting weighed - it seemed everything is against me!....I am going to stick to the low-fat/high fobre diet I have been on....the weightloss may be a little slower - but I am still determined it is going to come off!

The high-dose steroids finish next week...so hopefully I can avoid gaining weight on them...then a lower dose for a few months, but they shouldn't affect the weight.

I will NOT get disheartened!....and despite not currently being on xenical, I'll stick around her if that's okay!

sorry to hear your having a tough time lately. But well done for staying the same through it all, it would of been so easy to gain. Not having the blue pills isnt the end of the world anyway, they are really only there to help us to learn to make better food choices, and we have to go it alone at some point. Wishing you luck without them and of course you should stick around :D

No prob sticking round, there are a few of us who no longer take xenical but are sticking round :)

....another pound off this week!
And this means I can now happily state I don't weigh in the '19 stones' any more...I am 18 stone 13....big difference!

Buttonboots said:
And this means I can now happily state I don't weigh in the '19 stones' any more...I am 18 stone 13....big difference!

That's great! Well done :)

Buttonboots said:

Well done especially when you've been poorly!!! And you stay here as long as you want I'm never leaving lol x

2 more pounds....or 4 packs of butter!
But it is getting tricky.....lots of tasty treats being offered.....Christmas is not good for low-fat eating!

You would be amazed when you walk through the supermarket how much there is that is beyond the 5% rules... I remember spending the Christmas if 2009, my first Christmas on xenical, and I spent about two hours reading labels of what was ok and what was not.

I found a few things, (christmas pudding etc under the rules) but its hard this time of year I do have to agree.

Well done on the 2lbs... well and truly away from those 19's now..
Woop woop

Stayed the same this week.

However...without going into too many gross details....I have seen the GP a couple more times and had some tests and examinations...and am being treated for a digestive disorder which could hinder the weightloss......but the GP has decided that the xenical was NOT responsible for my earlier problems...this other minor issue was!....and so he has said that when I feel up to it, I can try taking them again - I still have a months supply and will probably start again in a few days time!

What do people do about Christmas?.....I will have a Christmas Dinner that more or less fits the plan anyway...lean turley, no skin...just be careful adding little/no fat when doing the veggies...roasties with spray-light....and no mash! (I can't resist making it with butter and milk....easier just to say no!).....but it's the little 'extras' isn't it!.....do people generally 'take a break' from the pills or keep taking them?....I have to say I am tempted to simply carry on with them....and avoid any high-fat treats.

I don't normally stop taking the pills if I'm taking them as my meals are low fat anyway even Christmas dinner. It's the extras. I allow myself something each day. For Christmas Day it wi be one if the small Christmas puds I've made. I've also made a Christmas cake and wi have a thin slice each day but most if it will be given away. I treat myself but just don't go overboard.

For the last 4 years I've done this and normally lost 3-4,lb over Christmas and new year.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You can get (if your not the baking type) liw fat Christmas pudding....

I've taken the tablets still over Christmas, I've always made my gravy with a oil/fat and meat juice separating jug, so I know my gravy has minimal fat (i do that with all my roasts)

Avoid buying chocolates and cakes etc unless you think you can be strong not to have it... get some carte deor light to have with the Christmas pudding rather than cream it custard... (not sure what custard comes in at on the fat scale)

Just some ideas to give you hun.

Back