Buttonboots....My Journal....(or I will be half the woman I am now!)

Hallo!I am still here!....and it's kind of nice to be missed!I just had a mad week last week! I've had the workmen in (and tell me why do they promise faithfully to turn up at 8:30 am and the swan in after 10?!!!)....and then my laptop is getting very sick!....and to cap it all I have had a few rough days ( sligtly embarrasing.....*whispers* 'piles'.....)Anyway....I am feeling rather pleased with myself....despite the eventful week - I got weiged yesterday.......*drum roll* 19 stone and 12 pounds! That's 3 pounds in te last two weeks!This puts me well on track for the GP target of 1 stione in 3 months....and it feels so good to know tat however much I jiggle around on the scales the needle is not going to swing back over the 20 stone mark....and never will again!It's bben a few weeks now....and I was thinking about the changes I have made to my diet...yesterday I had a chicken dinner....a lovely piece of chicken breast which I coated with spices and baked, some new potatoes and a plateful of steamed veggies....delicious, and so low in fat I could treat myself to a banana with a spoonful of low-fat custard for afters!

Well....I am in shock at the moment!
I had my usual Sunday weigh-in....and have lost 4 pounds this week! 4 pounds! If this is right then I only need another one pound to have lost my first stone!
With having the workmen in this week I have been spending much of the day with my Mum....and I have been taking a packed lunch with me every day! I have the world's best mum - but she is a 'feeder' IYKWIM....so I'm thrilled to see such a good loss!

WHEEEEE!

One more pound off this week (or as I like to see it, two packs of butter!)

And that makes the first stone gone!

It's slow going....taken about 2 months...but it is more likely to stay off (and it is going to stay off!) if it goes slowly...also, I'm hoping that a slower loss will minimise the loose skin later!

My next mini-target is to get below the 19 stone mark....and I'm going to do it!

I'm surprised at how well it is going! Somehow I seem to be focussed this tome around - I'm still eating well, just making healthier choices....like the roast dinner today...I baked chicken, roasted some bns and steamed some green veggies...scrummy!

(oh and I had one those NuMe Cumberland pies last night....just had to add a couple of veggies....delicious! and a decent sized portion too...I'll certainly buy that again....thanks to whoever recommended it to me!)

Well.....two months in more or less....another GP appointment tomorrow.....he has prescribed 3 tablets a day....but I have recently been taking just the two. ...I miss out the breakfast one, I don't eat much fat at breakfast.....I'm now wondering whether to tell the GP (he'll probably be fine with me taking two instead of three, but may decide to just prescribe the two a day....)....I know it's important to keep the GP up-to-date on everything (especially as I take various other meds and we need to keep an eye on counter-indications)....on the other hand, if he keeps prescribing three tablets I can 'save' the spares in case supplies run out!.....I think I might be honest but ask if he'll keep the original prescription....

And a minor non-scales victory....my first....
I was looking through some winter clothes today....and picked up a jacket I bought last year and never wore...
"This is nice but, I can't do the zip up", I muttered ...."do I keep it for next year or give it to a charity shop - someone could get the benefit of it this winter...."
Mum was with me and looked at the jacket...
"try it on," she said, "you look as if you might have lost a bit"
I grumbled and pulled it on....and the zip did up and the buttons fastened....just!

So, I'm just back from the GP....he siad I had 'done well' which is high praise from him! (His scales seem to agrre more or less with mine as far as amount lost goes!)...He wants to see me again in 4 weeks after which we'll hopefully start making the appointments every 8 weeks instead (and eventually I'll be moved to the nurse for weigh-ins)
I told him about dropping a tablet and he is happy to keep going with the same prescription - and I can 'save' the extras....which is actually going to be necessary!.......I took my prescription to the chemist and he couldn't fill it! He said there was no point in suggesting I try elsewhere - there is none to be had! (I'm on the East Coast, Suffolk) ...I have enough left from my last prescription to see me through about a week...hopefully the chemist will phone before then to say the supplies are back!

Hope your able to get some. Altho it might be worth phoning round, as sometimes some if the smaller chemists have them

I always use one of the smaller chemists ...I live in a specially adapted flat on an estate and use the little local chemist - they are fantastic...for some of my other meds they have done the phoning round for me when they haven't had the stuff in stock!

Hopefully it will only be a short hold-up before supplies are back!

Fingers crossed your script will be filled soon. I have been very lucky and have been able to get mine throughout the shortage.

Hope you can get some more tablets, I had to wait 5 months for my local chemist to get some more in stock.x

Another pound (two more packs of butter!) gone this week.

Yes, the weight loss is slow...but I can't remember when I last found myself sticking to a 'diet' this long!

6 more pounds until I get into the '18 stone somethings!'

I'm actually feeling nervous that people are going to notice soon! I don't think I'm ready for that! It's just that I've been on so many diets...you name it I have tried it!...and only ever lost a little and put it all back and more....I want to lose another stone at least before I'm ready to admit that I'm losing weight! Does that make any sense?!

Back