Bye bye blubber! Let's get this show (back) on the road!

I've just made a very lucky find! :)

I had a short-lived bash at VLCD-ing just after Christmas. We had our kitchen done in February, so obviously we had to clear the kitchen out completely and find temporary homes for everything that was in there. Now, when I started again 3 weeks ago, I remembered having quite a lot of shakes, meals and bars left from that time but couldn't remember whether I'd thrown them away. I assumed I must've done cos I couldn't find them.

But I just went to put something away on one of the drawers under our bed - and guess what I found! 12 bars, 13 shakes and 11 savoury meals. Yay! :clap:

Think I must have enough for several weeks now - and I've got another order turning up on Monday, doh!

I've just made a very lucky find! :)

I had a short-lived bash at VLCD-ing just after Christmas. We had our kitchen done in February, so obviously we had to clear the kitchen out completely and find temporary homes for everything that was in there. Now, when I started again 3 weeks ago, I remembered having quite a lot of shakes, meals and bars left from that time but couldn't remember whether I'd thrown them away. I assumed I must've done cos I couldn't find them.

But I just went to put something away on one of the drawers under our bed - and guess what I found! 12 bars, 13 shakes and 11 savoury meals. Yay! :clap:

Think I must have enough for several weeks now - and I've got another order turning up on Monday, doh!

Hahaha that's epic!!!

Right. Back to 100% today, or I won't lose anything this week. Too much chicken yesterday, not enough water.

Feeling a bit meh today. Need to find something interesting to do...

What other vlcd do you use Sue? I have a few slim and save meals in the cupboard which are actually relatively pleasant. The only CD products I use now are the chocolate tetra's and chocolate orange bars. I also like the slim and save chocolate truffa bars, must order some!

What other vlcd do you use Sue? I have a few slim and save meals in the cupboard which are actually relatively pleasant. The only CD products I use now are the chocolate tetra's and chocolate orange bars. I also like the slim and save chocolate truffa bars, must order some!

I'm not using any Cambridge products at the moment, despite my diary being in the Cambridge section :) - I thought when I started that I would find a CWPC but haven't needed to so far.

I've used some LL ready mades - they have some LL Fast shakes in Superdrug. But I really wouldn't recommend them - way too sweet (not sure what they were thinking - when you're not eating much flavours are extra strong!).

I seem to be doing more Exante than anything else - I love their shakes - for the reason they're not too sweet! And their meals aren't too bad - there's a great variety. S&S also have a good variety - and that's what I found under the bed last night!

I think Nat's experimented with Saints & Slimmers - they also do a chocolate readymade shake that she says is all right and akin to a chocolate tetra.

I'm quite enjoying mixing it up, actually. :)

Yeah I know it's such a pain because I can't have the sweet products as they all contain aspartame. I think tetras bars and savoury are okay tho. I use the exante water flavourings as they don't contain any aspartame. It's crazy how aspartame is banned in most other countries but not here.
Xx

Hi Lily - Yay on your losses - I am just back from oliday with a plan to do SW but now after reading through diaries, wonder if another wee stint on S&S might not be on the cards :)
Have a good week.

I'm not using any Cambridge products at the moment, despite my diary being in the Cambridge section :) - I thought when I started that I would find a CWPC but haven't needed to so far.

I've used some LL ready mades - they have some LL Fast shakes in Superdrug. But I really wouldn't recommend them - way too sweet (not sure what they were thinking - when you're not eating much flavours are extra strong!).

I seem to be doing more Exante than anything else - I love their shakes - for the reason they're not too sweet! And their meals aren't too bad - there's a great variety. S&S also have a good variety - and that's what I found under the bed last night!

I think Nat's experimented with Saints & Slimmers - they also do a chocolate readymade shake that she says is all right and akin to a chocolate tetra.

I'm quite enjoying mixing it up, actually. :)

Yeah, I think if I'm going to be on a vlcd long term I need to spice it up a little to make it bearable. 6 months of chocolate tetra's and chocolate orange bars with earl grey is not sustainable. And if I can find a cheaper alternative that would also be helpful! I could quite easily switch to S&S if only they had a choc tetra alternative as I cannot stomach vlcd soups and shakes. I may have to do some more experimenting though....

Yeah I know it's such a pain because I can't have the sweet products as they all contain aspartame. I think tetras bars and savoury are okay tho. I use the exante water flavourings as they don't contain any aspartame. It's crazy how aspartame is banned in most other countries but not here.
Xx

Lovely Lydia (great name, by the way :)), the Exante shakes don't have aspartame - they have sucralose. Not sure if you're ok with that - it's the stuff Splenda is made from. And I think it's Asda who do sugar free jelly sweetened with sucralose rather than aspartame. Might be worth a look.

Hi Lily - Yay on your losses - I am just back from oliday with a plan to do SW but now after reading through diaries, wonder if another wee stint on S&S might not be on the cards :)
Have a good week.

My losses may just have taken a battering - the Sunday blues got me. :( More on that in a moment. If I can manage to make my transgressions a one off (bl**dy hope so) I may manage a stay the same this week. But that's how it goes on any diet, isn't it? I do like SW - it's very doable. But for sanity, I need something that works a little faster, so a VLCD it is for me!

Yeah, I think if I'm going to be on a vlcd long term I need to spice it up a little to make it bearable. 6 months of chocolate tetra's and chocolate orange bars with earl grey is not sustainable. And if I can find a cheaper alternative that would also be helpful! I could quite easily switch to S&S if only they had a choc tetra alternative as I cannot stomach vlcd soups and shakes. I may have to do some more experimenting though....

I have bemoaned the lack of VLCD ready mades before. I'd happily pay more for them, if cost is the reason the other VLCD manufacturers don't do them. I was so hoping the LL Fast shakes would be good. :sigh:

===

Right. I didn't see it coming - my mood just plummeted for no reason I can see. I went from fine to bawling my eyes out. Could be a PMS thing, I guess. I am very perimenopausal and all over the place at the moment. So I came to MiniMins for some support and got:

image.jpg
So I lost the plot and fell face first into ice cream and chocolate. :break_diet:

I'm getting really fed up with the site being down. I know MiniMins is free, I'm incredibly grateful to those who run the site and to the moderators who keep things sane and sensible - but I really needed support this afternoon and couldn't get any. I know it's sad that I live on here when I'm VLCD-ing, but it helps so much. I've seen that message on at least 4 occasions this week, with no explanation. If the site is too big for the server (as I've seen suggested) then maybe it's time to delete the posts dating back to 2006 and 2007. Anyway, rant over. Sort of. I don't think I'd mind so much if we had some kind of explanation. Pretty please with a cherry on the top? xx

Last edited:
Morning

Unusually for a Monday, I'm on a train, this time to Birmingham. I'm taking the scenic route to Brum via Leicester, as my car needs an MOT and I didn't need the hassle of getting to Northampton today. :sigh:

I woke up feeling awful - tummy cramps, headache. That ice cream and chocolate was sooo not worth it. :( Someone please remind me next time I'm tempted that me being on this diet isn't just about losing weight - it's about feeling well. If I wasn't sure whether I have a degree of milk intolerance before, I think I now have some proof. The odd drop of milk sems to be fine, a whole udderful - probably not.

So Zantac down the hatch (I'm a walking pharmacy) and on with the day. It's going to be a demanding week - I'll be in London tomorrow and Thursday, and bl**dy Leeds on Wednesday. Note - I have nothing against Leeds - it's just a horribly long way and just the thought of travelling there makes me unhappy. However, on the upside, I've now booked most of next week off as leave - hurrah! I said to Kate last night that we should have a day trip to the seaside or something. Just hope it doesn't rain all week!

Back to it today then. I have bars with me, as drinking is currently a little tricky (makes me want to spew) - I'd have taken one of those delightful (not) LL Fast shakes with me ordinarily.

Have happy Mondays all xxx

Hi Lily, subscribing to your diary. I'm 48, 5ft 1.5" (can't stretch up to 5ft 2" anymore!) and weigh 12st 6lbs. Have spent the majority of my life dieting managed to keep within acceptable range until I fell pregnant with my first child in 1999. Since then I have spent most of the time hovering around 12st 7lbs only breaking the 12st barrier twice; once with Lipotrim followed by low carb diet & then another with Exante combined with a low carb diet.

I'm inspired by your diary and am attempting another restart on Exante. Tried last week & failed miserably. I like your approach with chicken, sugar free jelly & MFP set to 1000 calls & 70g of carbs. Well done on your great loss to date.

TJ x

Hi Lily, subscribing to your diary. I'm 48, 5ft 1.5" (can't stretch up to 5ft 2" anymore!) and weigh 12st 6lbs. Have spent the majority of my life dieting managed to keep within acceptable range until I fell pregnant with my first child in 1999. Since then I have spent most of the time hovering around 12st 7lbs only breaking the 12st barrier twice; once with Lipotrim followed by low carb diet & then another with Exante combined with a low carb diet.

I'm inspired by your diary and am attempting another restart on Exante. Tried last week & failed miserably. I like your approach with chicken, sugar free jelly & MFP set to 1000 calls & 70g of carbs. Well done on your great loss to date.

TJ x

Hi TJ, thanks for subscribing :)

Not sure I'm inspiring, LOL, but I'm a trier. :D Sometimes it's just the right time to make progress! When are you starting?

===

Did it. More by luck than judgement - I've only just got home from work and now I'm ready for bed! Nothing but Exante products today. :)

Feeling a bit crap today. I'm trying to positive-think my way out of it, but that's not easy when your glands are up and your head aches. Plus I've got a disgusting taste in my mouth that isn't ketosis - not sure what it is, could be yucky sinuses, I think. Bleurgh.

Anyway, positivity, where was I? :) I have a seat on the train, so that's good. It didn't cost me a fortune cos I'm on a split ticket, so that's good (a mere £51 instead of £98 - yeah, good's a relative term... ;)), I've got people coming from Warrington to see me. I'm one lucky girl. :)

Hmm, almost worked... Still got headache and the gland ache and the nasty taste though...

I've now got more VCLD shakes than you can shake a stick at. Kate looked at my growing stash and said dubiously, "Want another cupboard?" I must now have enough for over a month. If I force myself to have the ones I'm not mad about, anyway.

Need to drink more water today. Didn't have nearly enough yesterday. Could even be the cause of the yucky taste. Did I tell you about the yucky taste? ;)

Posting here Lily for help!!!! Distaster, I've came to work with no products! I'm sooooo in the zone, what will I do????

Posting here Lily for help!!!! Distaster, I've came to work with no products! I'm sooooo in the zone, what will I do????

Boots - you should be able to get something in there, even if only Slimfast

Or Superdrug - they do LL bars as well as the shakes I don't like (you might like them). Failing that,there's always chicken. And sugar free jelly pots! Can of tuna (ur-rr-ghhhh)... :sign0137:

Unfortunately too far away from either of those places so I dived up to Costco for protein bars, chocolate caramel flavour. It was........ok. But I survived the day with just that and I've just had my chocolate orange cambrdige bar :) disaster averted.

Back