Bye bye blubber! Let's get this show (back) on the road!

howdy, why's work so crap? What happened there? Didn't you get all that sorted when you changed jobs, back to your old boss? Really think they waste your talents making you spend so much time on trains. You would be more productive working from home, don't know why they can't see that!:rolleyes:

50 shakes for 48 pound!!!! Wowzer!!!

Cool, huh? :) Leaning towards doing more Exante than anything else at the moment - the shakes aren't too sweet (Goldilocks "just right" :)) and the meals I've tried so far have been pretty good.

howdy, why's work so crap? What happened there? Didn't you get all that sorted when you changed jobs, back to your old boss? Really think they waste your talents making you spend so much time on trains. You would be more productive working from home, don't know why they can't see that!:rolleyes:

It's complicated. :sigh: We were a tiny team a year ago - only 9 of us. But we'd got more work than we could handle, so recruited another 7 - making 16. Then we effectively took over the management of another 30-strong team. I've become a manager, it's quite a challenge integrating the teams across two sites, etc, etc. I don't know whether I'm coming or going at the moment... I still work at home on Mondays and Fridays when I can, but increasingly I'm having to travel on those days instead. Victims of our own success...

I am going to attempt 3 days of 100% goodness.

Day 1 complete! :clap:

Hi all I'm Catherine on day 9 weighed in thurs after a week 11lb Lisa and 10.5 inches sooo pleased really motivated now x how's everyone going? X

Hi! Hope you don't mind me subscribing! Day 2 for me today :/ need to fast forward the next few days!

Hey lily how you doing hun?? Xx

Plodding on... :) I'm now 11lbs down - now 16st exactly. Roll on the 15s! How are you?

Hi all I'm Catherine on day 9 weighed in thurs after a week 11lb Lisa and 10.5 inches sooo pleased really motivated now x how's everyone going? X

See, 11lbs in one week - excellent! :clap: Hi Catherine - keep going!

Hi! Hope you don't mind me subscribing! Day 2 for me today :/ need to fast forward the next few days!

I know - you just want to hibernate, want to say, "Wake me up when I've lost 3 stones!"

Hi Dietninja - think I remember you from one of my previous attempts at this?? Hope it's going well. :)

Well, it's Sunday already. Bah. I managed one 100% day - now for another. My OH told me off for getting on the scales but I wanted to see whether things were moving and they are, so there! One more pound and I'll see 15 something - hurry up, body!

I was just doing some maths. I noticed I'd lost 4.68% of my body weight and wondered how many more pounds I needed to lose to make it 5%. Turns out it's only a pound.

So then I worked out how much percentage-wise I need to lose to get to my interim target of 13st 7lbs. Turns out I need to lose 20% of my starting body weight. So I'm around a quarter of the way there - in two and a half weeks.

But to get to a BMI in the normal range (top end) I need to lose 40% of my starting weight. Wow. Kind of hard to imagine, really. That's like chopping off an arm, a leg and a bit of my torso. :eek:

That's enough maths for one day... ;)

Yes you probably do remember me :/ I'm like a yoyo with dieting!

Impressed with the maths!

I must drag myself out of bed...I am trying to avoid the kitchen but have visitors today so need to do some tidying!

Yes you probably do remember me :/ I'm like a yoyo with dieting!

Impressed with the maths!

I must drag myself out of bed...I am trying to avoid the kitchen but have visitors today so need to do some tidying!

LOL, with you on the yoyo-ing. :) My scales are on the end of a bungee cord. :D

I was just looking at some old diaries. First of all, I was way more entertaining in my old diaries. I clearly have had a bruising couple of years... ;)

Secondly, I have now established the lowest weight I've been in years as 13st 12lbs on Thursday 21 March 2013. It speaks volumes, I think, that by 26 March 2013 (a mere 5 days later) I was 14st 7lbs. By the summer of 2014 I was a few pounds lighter than I am today.

I'm not sure what all this retrospection is going to do for me. Though I'm finding it oddly motivating. We've already established I'm weird. :)

I remember those very day's in 2013.. I also remember the pang of regret that you were sticking to plan and I...Well I was not.

I think we have all had a fair few corners knocked off. I too think I was more pithy, but really I think I was possibly less worn out.

Now on to have a walk around the marine lake or parkgate promenade. Can't decide which but both are dangerously close to ice cream for me to be at the moment.

Feeling pretty hack still to the extent I have had to have some spatone as im sure it's iron related. Sadly that has to be followed by some milk thistle otherwise I'd be trully bunged up

I remember those very day's in 2013.. I also remember the pang of regret that you were sticking to plan and I...Well I was not.

I think we have all had a fair few corners knocked off. I too think I was more pithy, but really I think I was possibly less worn out.

Now on to have a walk around the marine lake or parkgate promenade. Can't decide which but both are dangerously close to ice cream for me to be at the moment.

Feeling pretty hack still to the extent I have had to have some spatone as im sure it's iron related. Sadly that has to be followed by some milk thistle otherwise I'd be trully bunged up

Want me to express mail you some vanilla shakes? I'm told that if you're creative with ice cubes and a blender you can get something that almost (if you close your eyes and hold your nose) resembles ice cream? ;)

As for bunged up. I've not had to resort to Dulcolax yet but it's been a close run thing. More pebbles than Brighton Beach. TMI - ha ha! :D

image.jpg

I have a small Exante order arriving this afternoon. (Yes, I paid for special Sunday delivery - that's how committed I am ;)). I wanted to try a few more of their meals, so I ordered a couple of cottage pies, 2 types of curry (one of them is a pot noodle type thing that, if it's any good, might be handy for work - think I could manage to pour hot water on top, and some vanilla cereal. They all have reasonable reviews, so we'll see. Takes a bit of navigating though, the Exante site. There are special offers hidden away all over the place. Somehow I managed to get a bonus of 5 choc orange bars added for free (close to best before dates, I think) but I have a feeling I could have found a code to get more money off if I'd only known where to look. Still, that's one way of rewarding loyalty, I guess - the more familiar you are with the site, the more money you can get off!

Re your other point about feeling crap, yep. Though looking at my diary from 2013, I was pretty poorly for a significant chunk of the later days of my 60 days of sticking to the plan (and it seems to have been the reason I ultimately fell off the wagon). However, apparently I had more energy. Which is kind of what I'm after right now.

Meh. I'll keep trudging on...

Ha ha, funny :D

Before I started this last stint of VLCD I joined SW Online. I've got a couple of weeks of membership left so I had an email to prompt me to weigh in today, so I did, just for laughs. Apparently I've just got my 1st award as a result. :8855:

So I think I should display it here, right? ;) Be rude not to!

image.jpg(I was 17st 2lbs when I started on 16 March 2015 - so I've lost 1st 2lbs actually)

:D

Last edited:
Hiya Lily - good to see you back and posting.
Good luck in getting rid of your blubber (well you do say that in the title :8855:)

Stick with it - it took me 4 years to lose 30% of body weight to get me to a normal BMI, but I did it the slow scenic route on SW as you know.
I've put a stone back on but I'm losing it . . . very slowly again.

You can do this chica.
Hope you and Kate are well.

Plodding on... :) I'm now 11lbs down - now 16st exactly. Roll on the 15s! How are you?

Ahhhh same as me I want to see back 9f 15's please as was 16.2 when I first weighed in now 15.5 so in next two weeks will do ?? keep plodding remember plodders get there at the same anyway (hare and tortoise ???) habe a good week lovely xx

Wow. Now that's progress

LOL, sort of. It'd be more impressive if those first few pounds had stayed off and been joined by some more. But more are now joining them. Sound the trumpets - I've lost another pound, and you know what that means??

Hello 15s!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hiya Lily - good to see you back and posting.
Good luck in getting rid of your blubber (well you do say that in the title :8855:)

Stick with it - it took me 4 years to lose 30% of body weight to get me to a normal BMI, but I did it the slow scenic route on SW as you know.
I've put a stone back on but I'm losing it . . . very slowly again.

You can do this chica.
Hope you and Kate are well.

Oh, hello! How lovely to see you!! Did you see me sneak in on Mel's diary?? And yes, I called it blubber. It wobbles!

Hope those pesky pounds clear clear off soon xxx

Ahhhh same as me I want to see back 9f 15's please as was 16.2 when I first weighed in now 15.5 so in next two weeks will do ?? keep plodding remember plodders get there at the same anyway (hare and tortoise ???) habe a good week lovely xx

Aw, thanks Sharon. I will plod plod plod. :D Feels great not to see 16. Just gotta keep it that way now!

. . . Sound the trumpets - I've lost another pound, and you know what that means??

Hello 15s!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY:talk017::talk017::talk017:

Oh, hello! How lovely to see you!! Did you see me sneak in on Mel's diary?? And yes, I called it blubber. It wobbles!

Hope those pesky pounds clear clear off soon xxx

Pesky pounds going v. slowly. Just 0.2 kg today(less than ½ lb)

Amazing Grace...in no time you will exit the 15's and enter the 14's

Slow day at work today....bah!!! Feel like eating my shoe.

Back