C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

Congratulations. Thats a super time!!!! I'm definitely going to do next years one & maybe a few local 5ks too so that I'll have something to aim for

sweet pink said:
Congratulations. Thats a super time!!!! I'm definitely going to do next years one & maybe a few local 5ks too so that I'll have something to aim for

Thanks! I'm defo gonna keep on with the running now! Looking for a 10k to do in the autumn, then will also enter a few 5ks next year! I never thought I'd see the day I said I love running :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I know exactly what you mean. I dont think I would have been able to do it if it hadnt been for the C25k plan & taking each day a step at a time. I'm definitely going to keep my eyes peeled for 5kms first of all though any that I know of dont seem to happen until springtime.

Congrats on your R4L Welshtigger - what an amazing time! And Shazz - you're definitely going to beat me to 30 minutes. My R4L is in two weeks so I'm just going to try to stay uninjured till then.

W9R2 today - my first run out of doors in ages (due to injury paranoia). 30 minutes easy - and it was easy! A sore heel though so now I'm fretting again... xx

Fantastic Welshtigger!!! Hope you really enjoyed the race. How hot was it? It was 30*C where I live, so no idea how u coped running in this heat???
Sunshine - how did you find running outside? I am still suffering with sore legs and I did my run Friday morning. Not long until your race, I really hope you stay injury free.
My next attempt will be Wednesday to try and hit 30 mins. It will be on the treadmill though, much safer than outdoors! Then my RFL on Sunday. I am starting to feel a little nervous :-(

Shazzabir said:
Fantastic Welshtigger!!! Hope you really enjoyed the race. How hot was it? It was 30*C where I live, so no idea how u coped running in this heat???
Sunshine - how did you find running outside? I am still suffering with sore legs and I did my run Friday morning. Not long until your race, I really hope you stay injury free.
My next attempt will be Wednesday to try and hit 30 mins. It will be on the treadmill though, much safer than outdoors! Then my RFL on Sunday. I am starting to feel a little nervous :-(

It was probably not far off 30!! It was stifling, but fortunately it was round a park so there were a few shady bits! It's still really warm-it was 26 degrees at 8.30pm last night!!

Just on way home from Solihull where I did the Race for Life with Ellebear! I finished in a suitably respectable time of 35.30 but it was 1.38 when we crossed the start, as we were in the second group :) so I actually finished in 33.52 which I'm over the moon about :D x

:D Fantastic, well done! x :happy096:

Did another 5k run, this time I did it in
30 min 20 secs, I'm getting so close to 30 mins!!
I started to really panic after about 10 mins, as I struggled to get a proper full breath, I could only take short breaths. I was worried I would pass out. I was running a bit faster than normal, but I have never experienced it before. The room was warm, with no windows open or fan on, so wasn't sure if it was due to this or if I was running quicker than my body could cope with. My speed was 9.5 - 10 most of the way, but left it until the last two mins to increase any further.
I will get to 30 mins!!!!! I'm starting B210k next week, so would really like to achieve it before I start the next program.

I did my first day of C25K today, I didn't mean to, but I was out for a walk along a nice concrete path that runs along a beach, and I thought, why not? So I started the app and did the first one, when I'd finished that, I was by some high steps, so I did 2 whole minutes of steps. LOL!(That really was all I could manage!) Then on the way home, I thought, I feel OK lets do day 2. So I did, I feel fine at the mo, although we'll see how I am tomorrow.
It felt really good though while I was doing it and also once I was home, I didn't feel kn*****ed, if you know what I mean. Lmao!!

Fionat29 said:
I did my first day of C25K today, I didn't mean to, but I was out for a walk along a nice concrete path that runs along a beach, and I thought, why not? So I started the app and did the first one, when I'd finished that, I was by some high steps, so I did 2 whole minutes of steps. LOL!(That really was all I could manage!) Then on the way home, I thought, I feel OK lets do day 2. So I did, I feel fine at the mo, although we'll see how I am tomorrow.
It felt really good though while I was doing it and also once I was home, I didn't feel kn*****ed, if you know what I mean. Lmao!!

That's fantastic, well done you! It's a great program to use. Keep us updated x

Did another 5k run, this time I did it in
30 min 20 secs, I'm getting so close to 30 mins!!
I started to really panic after about 10 mins, as I struggled to get a proper full breath, I could only take short breaths. I was worried I would pass out. I was running a bit faster than normal, but I have never experienced it before. The room was warm, with no windows open or fan on, so wasn't sure if it was due to this or if I was running quicker than my body could cope with. My speed was 9.5 - 10 most of the way, but left it until the last two mins to increase any further.
I will get to 30 mins!!!!! I'm starting B210k next week, so would really like to achieve it before I start the next program.

Shazz - I love running outside - it seems so much easier than on the treadmill, because I think I'm going slower :eek: but it does seem to be much harder on my joints. I will probably stay doing at least 2 treadmill runs for every outdoor one for now, frustrating though it is, until I feel stronger all round. I did a treadmill run today - C25K W9R3!!!! - so I'm officially another graduate from the programme! I got confused over timing cos I counted in my warm-up walk but I did most of the run at 9.7 to 10kph so I must have been getting CLOSE to 30 minutes.... I will do it properly next time to see. I think my trouble is that I haven't quite got the stamina to sustain the speeds yet - I love running fast - actually finished the run at 11kph for a minute and a half(!) but I think that running a full 5k I will still clock in at around 32-33 minutes cos I just get soooo tired.... Today may have been helped by me putting the gradient down to 0.0 cos I felt so s**t at the start of the run - normally I run at 0.5 or 1.0.

Well done Sunshine!! It's great to finish the program!!
I think you may be closer to 30 min than you think, as I was running between 9.5 - 10 and I only went over by 20 secs. I did hit 11 in my last minute though.
I so want to hit 30 mins, but starting B210k next week. I have my RFL run on Sunday, so you never know I may do it then :)

I did my RFL, finished in 28 min 3 secs, so really pleased!! I was aiming to complete under 30 mins, so walking around with a big smile on my face now!
I am now moving to B210k. First run on Wednesday. :)

Shazzabir said:
I did my RFL, finished in 28 min 3 secs, so really pleased!! I was aiming to complete under 30 mins, so walking around with a big smile on my face now!

Fantastic time!! Well done!!

It's awesome isn't it? How far we all have come in a few weeks!! xx

Last edited:
Shazzabir said:

That's brilliant! Well done. I did W1D1 & D2 but now I'm suffering with achey thighs and buttocks (sorry if that's TMI !!) but I'll hopefully be back to it tomorrow or Tuesday, depending on work

HannahNewton said:
Fantastic time!! Well done!!

It's awesome isn't it? How far we all have come in a few weeks!! xx

It really is amazing when you think back to how little we could run a few months ago!

Fionat29 said:
That's brilliant! Well done. I did W1D1 & D2 but now I'm suffering with achey thighs and buttocks (sorry if that's TMI !!) but I'll hopefully be back to it tomorrow or Tuesday, depending on work

Well done Fiona! I suffered a bit on my first couple of weeks. Then I must have got used to it, as the feeling went. Hopefully it will for you to. :)

After a break of a month I restarted at W3D1 which is 3 sessions back from where I was. But I did it!!! The last 3 minute run was a killer but I did keep my speed up as I was being followed by a couple of 'proper' runners who could keep a conversation going as they ran.

Back