Cali Sweden's Diary

That's a fantastic food day, Cali. Well done :)

Tomorrow morning is my weigh in day, so I'm a little nervous, since I gained weight when I checked this morning. I'm hoping it'll go away by tomorrow.

Food looked good. Good luck for weigh in!

This weekly weight update is the first one that is completely GI/GL. I don't have my books in yet, so I've been trying to eat GI/GL in my own way, and with tips and help from the forums. Hopefully my books will come in before the end of the week.

I've been eating 1/2 plate of Veggies, 1/4 of protein, and 1/4 of good carbs (quinoa, beans, rye crackers or bread slice etc). My food logs show what I've been eating everyday, so I can tell which foods helped or didn't help, and how much I've cheated. As you can tell I've done quite a bit of naughty things during the week, for example: spring rolls, eating tapas late at night, and eating 10 pieces of sushi. I had a .2 lbs weight gain from the tapas the next day. I also had .6 lbs weight gain the next day from the sushi. I was getting a little worried that the weekend really ruined it for me time weigh in day comes. Yesterday I kicked in full gear and really tried to keep it strict. No chocolate piece, no naughty things even when we ate out, well MAX luckly had a good for me salad. I lost 1.6 lbs from yesterday morning to this morning. So it looks like being really strict yesterday paid off.

I picked up a digital kitchen scale yesterday when we were out shopping, so when my books come in and tells me how much a portion is for different foods, I will be able to weigh them out. Hopefully I will lose more weight quickly.

Here's the sixth weekly weigh in update:

-2.0 lbs (-.91kg)

Total amount since started: -8.8 lbs (-4kg)

I also lost .5 inch each on my stomach, waist, hips and bum since last weigh in.

Last edited:
Woohooooo!!! Go Cali! 2lbs loss is a great result. Remember that's 2 lbs off whilst eating a great varied diet AND having a few treats. In a few weeks, portion sizes, right foods to choose etc will all be second nature to you and you will not feel you are dieting.
Inch loss is also a great incentive. I used to take measurements every three weeks as then it was always a nice bonus.
I bet you also feel more energised and your skin looks good too.
Keep at it hon, GL rocks!!!

Thank you Molly!

I'm really happy with the 2 lbs drop. It's just a little short of weightloss from dieting on low carb, and that really felt restricting for me. I agree GI/GL doesn't really feel like a diet, there are so many things we can eat, or even do some naughty things and still lost weight. It's amazing how eating right makes such a big difference.

I noticed it this weekend that my skin looks much healthier than it has since I've gained weight. My skin wasn't glowing like it used to before, but now it looks much better, and I do feel more energetic. I don't feel tired from eating my meals.

I decided last week to start taking measurements, incase there are times I might not lose weight or get a +, but if the measurements show a minus then at least it's something :) GI/GL really does rock!

Go Cali, go Cali, go Cali <does dance>

Well done, on 2lbs AND inch loss. Hope you are feeling great and proud of yourself cos you should do. :D

Awww thank you Ashie and Molly you guys are making me blush!

Today went pretty good. Woke up a bit late today, so no morning snack for me. I was so happy from the weightloss and the half an inch on my waist, tummy, hips and bum. I know I'm not skinny yet, but I felt a little tiny bit closer to the mark :party0011: .

I woke up sore today from last night's yoga. After today's exercise I feel even more sore. But I do know that a certain time for me is coming soon. I was doing great all day until after the grocery store, I had some cramps, major craving for chocolate, and I was being a diva. My guy really recommended me to eat some chocolate before he would have to suffer from my wrath. So I gave in and took 3 pieces of dark 70% chocolate with alot of water, and felt much better.

Today's food log.

Breakfast: Sorta getting old but it's good, musli with dried raspberries, peaches, goji berries, sultanas, sliced almonds and milk.

Lunch: Last night's leftover chicken, broccoli, and quinoa.

Snack: Slice of rye bread with seeds and grains topped with ajvar and sliced chicken breast meat.

Snack: 3 pieces 70% dark chocolate.

Dinner: Grilled pork, lots of salad with balsamic vinegar, a piece of corn on the cob, and quinoa.

Dessert/Snack: Watermelon slices.

Exercise: 35 minutes walk with the family, pushups, crunches, and 30 minutes of yoga.

70% choc is fine in small quantities. Also try grating it. It tastes like a lot more that way. I'd grate a little over yoghurt and fruit.

Okay will do, but how much is ok amount of 70% dark chocolate? I thought three pieces was a lot, but I had to tame the beast in me. Does the GL books say anything about the portion amount for them?

I'm trying to figure out the portion sizes without the book >_< Crossing my fingers it'll come in tomorrow or Thursday.

Grating the chocolate on yogurt and fruit sounds yummy and luxuriously good. We're allowed to do that in GL and it's ok??? Wow, I'm loving GL even more by the minute! Thank you Molly for the great tips again! What would we ever do without you :)

Three pieces would be a portion but, believe me, goes a long way grated over some strawberries on their own or with fruit and yoghurt. But it is your 20% treat so not for everyday. I find if I eat a piece its not nearly as satisfying as grating and then having it! Same applies to all food, enjoy the prep as much as gobbling it down!!

The other times I had chocolate it was only 1 piece. I'll have to try grinding it next time. It'll be sorta like chocolate dipped fruits :) I'm reading your GL diary, I found it while looking through the GI forums :)

I saw on Molly's diary that she uses myfitnesspal to keep track of calories. So today I made an accont there to track my food. Only bad thing was I didn't weigh my breakfast today, and at lunch I completely forgot to weigh the food. So I had to take a guess at home much food it was. Doesn't serve much of a purpose if I'm not weighing the food. Something I'm going to have to get used to doing:)

I realized that I didn't have mini goals for myself this morning. Thought that celebrating every 5 lbs of weightloss from now on will be something to look forward too:) Though 5 lbs seems so far away from now :(

Mini goals are the way forward! You'll be amazed how quickly you reach the next one. :)

I find myfitnesspal gets easier to use the more you use it, because you can save meals or recipes that you have often and then add them to your diary really quickly! Your foods history also builds up and makes things quicker too. :)

Ok cool, it took me a bit to figure how to add things. It'll be nice that it gets easier to use :)

Wasn't feeling too energetic today. Rearranging things around the basement, and painting. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do yoga today, I felt drained and blah. But I took some chocolate as a pick me upper, and it worked great, and I got a lot of yoga done afterwards. I felt 100x better after doing yoga. I like doing yoga in the mornings, but today we were working on the house, so I had to wait until the evening.

Breakfast: Half musli, half allbran plus with sultanas, goji berries, sliced almonds, and milk.

Snack: Rye bread slice, with ajvar and thin chicken breast slices.

Lunch: Leftover from other night, Chicken breast meat, broccoli, and quinoa.

Snack: Two pieces of dark chocolate 70%.

Dinner: Last night's leftover Grilled pork, lots of salad, 3/4 slice of rye bread, and watermelon.

Exercise: Rearranging the basement and painting counts for something I hope. Pushups and crunches, and yoga. I was able to do 61 minutes of yoga today. I've never done that much before, so I'm really excited about this new milestone!

Thank you shakenomore:) I think this forum and all of you guys are really a big help and motivation for me too. There's so much positive vibes here, great information, and people who are serious about losing weight and getting healthy :)

I gotta stop coming here. These menus are making my mouth drool like a baby :(

Keep up the great work Cali! It's all about portion control lol :D

Back