Calling all Irish!!!

Go raibh maith agat Shinnyr!!
Getting married next Sept(2012) to my wonderful fiance of 8 yrs!! <3<3
Would love to just not feel self-conscious on the day!
Bit of a blip tonight and had a McDonalds after the cinema:eek:
Oh well, fresh start tomorrow :cool:
xxx

Ah that's great. Nice time of the year too! Don't worry about it, we all have blips! Can you factor it into your weeklies or are they gone? May not be as bad as you think. What did you have?

Most of my weeklies were gone! And i had a hamburger meal AND an oreo mc flurry! Very very bold i know but heh...im only human:| Back on track today n WI 2mra so will let you know how it goes!!xx

FAO Irish members: PPs in Irish foods thread

Hello Peeps,
Just thought a thread on foods available only in Ireland might be a good idea. Since we don't have as many supermarket chains as our UK members, lets concentrate on the shops and fastfood places we do have. So if you know the pps in foods only available in Dunnes, Supervalu, Centra, Superquinn, Lidl, Aldi etc then please post them here.

I will start:

I just had steak and chips and the chips were Dunnes Straight Cut Oven Chips which were 8pps for 200g (frozen weight). My first time having oven chips since I started WW and I was surprised that it was such a good portion. Not the best chips in the world but good enough and only 79c for a 1kg bag!

Bread is a real eye opener when it comes to pps. The differences are surprising. I mostly use Irish Pride Healthy Grain which is 2pps for 1 slice but 5pps for 2 slices. I made the mistake of telling my housemate to get me bread when he was going to Tesco and he came back with THICK sliced bread grr... Now according to the pocket guide a thick slice is 3pps but I worked out the one I got (Pat the Baker Multi Grain Thick Sliced) and it was 4pps per slice:eek: So I had a WW bagel instead!

At the moment I am craving hotdogs for some reason and Dunnes own brand Hotdog rolls (6 pack) are 5pps each.

There is a difference of view amongst Irish peeps on Denny Skinless Sausages but I worked them out with the online calculator as 4pps for 2 sausages and 9pps for 4 sausages.

Other things I have used recently are Dunnes (I swear I don't work for Dunnes lol) Chorizo which is a whopping 6pps for 50g.

Not really on the subject of pps but nice things to try are Ballymaloe Country Relish. I am addicted to it at the moment and put it on everything, it is so yummy. I give it 1pp per tbsp.

Avonmore fresh vegetable soup is only 3pps for the small carton and really filling. But be careful as I bought the Avonmore Tomato and Basil soup thinking it would be equally low in pps but it turned out to be 6pps!

That is all I can think of for the moment, please add your own pp finds to this list.

My new thread just got stuck onto the end of this thread as I didn't know there was already a thread for Irish peeps and pp values. Sorry! Some really good tips on here for food ideas and pp values. I like the Supermacs pp values info!
Anyone know which sliced bread is best value for points (excluding the horrible ww bread)? They all seem to be 5pps for 2 slices.
Keep on posting everyone!

Great thread!!! I like the supervalue own range pitta small brown ones there own only 4pp and soooo much nicer than the ww ones, I also like the aldi range of crisps & popcorn as a bag of satin crunch or crunch delight (equivalent of tayto velvet crunch& treble crunch) is only 2pp & a small bag of snackrite popcorn is only 3pp these are actually fab mixed 2gether in the one bag in the evening all for just 5pp!!! This is all I have for the min and looking into more :)

Dia dhuit! Just thought I'd join in, gal from Louth here! Did WW last year on the old points and lost over 20lbs, had a bad break up and fell off the wagon as they say but I'm back and raring to lose the rest now! :)

Oh and never had the adli brand popcorn before, might try it. The multipack bags of manhattan popcorn are also only 2pp though, yum yum!

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Last edited:
Hi everyone , Just spotted this thread. I'm from limerick .Have lost a stone to date. discovered purple snacks are 4pp. so worth it.. :D:D

Michillinwoman said:
Hi everyone , Just spotted this thread. I'm from limerick .Have lost a stone to date. discovered purple snacks are 4pp. so worth it.. :D:D

I LOVE those but they just aren't big enough lol, I need 2 :p instead I have a flake from a multipack for the same propoints. Or a twirl from multipack is 5pp and loads of chocolate heehee!

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Hi Michillinwoman, I'm from Limerick too. :)

For my chocolate fix I generaly go for either a full size Curly Wurly from the freezer (lasts ages!) or Cadbury do a really big variety pack of all different stuff and the values range from 1-2 propoints.

Cadbury Variety Maxi Bag Each - Makro

If anyone wants I can propoint the individual items in it, just let me know here.

Hi everyone, I'm new here and from Dublin. I did my shop last night in Tesco Artane and there got some lovely WW refrigerated meals, a lot nicer than the frozen one for choices but very expensive. I've a few baby and cooking from scratch seems impossible right now.

Hi, I'm from Dublin too! If you can get to Iceland they have the ww frozen meals for 1.50 or 2 euro a pop. Much cheaper than other shops. They have a pretty good selection too.

Hiya yeah I will defo be hitting Iceland in the Ilac when I'm in town! Will be keeping an eye on this thread for any other ideas!

Hi guys, I'm new here, just registered today, hope to post a lot here as I don't know many people in real life who are doing WW!

I just thought I'd tell ye, someone was asking about bread (Ellen?) and I found bread in Lidl that is only 3pp for two slices - Hovis Nimble Wholemeal bread. It's 1pp for one slice and 3pp for two, they are tiny slices mind, but at least you can make a little sandwich without feeling like you're eating up a load of points. Hope that helps!

someone said that m&s count on us range is pointed too,,must take a trip to Cork to stock up!!!!

Just thought I'd start a thread for us irish peeps, as we have different shops and fast food chains here, so maybe we could pool what we know here:)

You called???? Lol
Hi.. My name is Frances, am from Dublin.. Being doing WW ProPoints since January.. Have lost a stone since.. Was on hols for a week (came back July 2nd) and just can't seem to get my focus.. Am not giving up tho am determined to get back on the weight loss train..
Not sure how much I wana lose in total.. Just until am comfortable.. So far my aim is to get to 12.5st and i'll see how I feel then..
Feel free to add me as a friend on here.. or ignore me (lol)

Hi all
Let's talk about the recession and Nama. Ha ha only messing! :D
Spotted ww cream in my local tesco today. Bit pricy but id imagine it's a zillion times better than the real thing on your points allowance! Anyone ever try it, as in cooking. I'm dying to make my curries and things a bit creamier. Wonder does it heat well? Just realised after writing all this out that the thread is kinda dedicated to ROI shops and bargains in them. Hope the person who originated this thread doesnt mind me asking this question. Sorry in advance

Lou x

Hi Lou.. I use ex light philly in place of cream to make cream of soups etc.. Works really well and is only 1pp...

Back