Calling all Maintainers

Porgeous

Chilling
Hi

Just thinking ahead to maintenance... I know initially it is all about finding out how many calories your body needs to maintain your current weight, however, what I wondered is how people have gone about doing this. Is it a case of reaching the 1500 plan and then say increasing your calories by 100 a day for a week and seeing what happens, ie whether you lose, gain or stay the same. Continue doing this until you find the optimum calorie intake?

Thanks
Georgie

Is it a case of reaching the 1500 plan and then say increasing your calories by 100 a day for a week and seeing what happens, ie whether you lose, gain or stay the same. Continue doing this until you find the optimum calorie intake?

Yes, I sort of did that. I did the cambridge plans up to and including 1500. Stayed on CD1500 for 2 weeks. Then I joined WLR so that I could change to my own choices of foods.

I stayed on 1500 for another two weeks. The idea being that I really wanted to be sure that my 1500 choices would work out ie concerned about a jump in carbs etc.

I then sort of increased each week by 150 I think until I was at a comfortable level.

Thanks Karion, good to hear what others have done, need all the advice I can get!!

Gx

Thanks Dancing, good to have you back!

Thanks Karion, good to hear what others have done, need all the advice I can get!!

Just shout. I think 'we' maintainers do different things to keep the weight off. It's going to be finding a way that suits you.

A word of warning though. When you get to goal, you feel great. Full of confidence that all the demons have been exorcized. After a while, they have got a nasty habit of making visits again.
diablo.gif

It's easy to get onto the yoyo wagon and deal with any weight gains (which does need doing), but completely forgetting that the headstuff needs dealing with too to stop it happening too frequently in the future. It takes work and plenty of practice.

So whilst being confident and proud that you are doing this, never be so confident as to think that you've done it...it's all done and dusted.

Hi Porgeous (your pics look fab :)) I have started maintainance and am taking it slowly. I have done 1000 plan for a month now. I am still loosin but only a lb a week. I`m not sure how much more i want to loose even though my tracker says another 12lb. Will be happy to get to 12st 7lb and keep around there. I am going for my weigh in on Tuesday and will discuss it with my cd. I know i need to take it slow not going to rush as i want to understand what my body needs and not go back to yo yo dieting. I have now joined a gym as i am more confident with the way i look. Think it is a slow process which i am more than happy to take. So off to count my calories for the day. Good luck keep posting so we can see how you get on.

Thanks guys, it is complicated stuff this maintaining, the diet bit is so much simpler!! As you have said I think the trick is to take it slowly and experiment with calorie intake, not quite at the maintenance stage yet, not sure what I want my final weight to be but helps to have a plan of action!

Thanks!
Gx

Hi Georgie

Well..........i've been experimenting for a while now and still trying to find a "healthy eating plan" that suits me! lol

It is SO SO much harder than losing the weight. BUT it is possible so we must have faith.

I did 1200 for what seemed an eternity and then waivered somewhere between 1200 to 1400. I enter all my food on the wlr website (unless i've had a really really bad day) and at the moment i am trying to stick to around 1400 to 1500 calories. Supposedly I am allowed just under 1700 to maintain.

I find the wlr site really helpful and it does give you the flexibility to introduce different foods into your diet, even treats, just so long as you take them into account in your overall calorie intake for the week.

I am thinking about possibly trying the ww core plan once I have stabilised properly as that means i could eat abit more (i am such a greedy pig!) but i want to make sure that i am properly ingrained at just under 9 stone first!

Its abit of a minefield but i think its finding a way that suits your lifestyle.

Good luck and keep me posted as I could do with any tips you pick up along the way!
xxx

Back