CAMBRIDGE DIET- New to this site & the Diet!

I'm only on day way have drunk 2 litres of water so far my wee is completely clear and yes smells funny too lol!! I can't be in ketosis yet? Must be all the water flushing me out! Breath isn't bad yet either.. I asked my consultant of I'm allowed sugar free mints she said ok but it will make my stomach gurgle and I asked about energy tablets she said no. I'm sooo tired! It's only day 1!!
I keep thinking about having macaroni and cheese for tea by nope.. After being good all day I get a soup and shake if I need it! Lol.

What is everyone's favourite shake flavours so far?? x x

P.s... I'm burping a lot too?? Must be gases in the belly? Just glad it's not coming out the other end! Lol! Also consultant advised take fibre powder they sell or senokot straight away.

x x

the sugar free mints and gum make u gassy :/ i burp loads lol we will be thin but with all these side effects lol. u may b in ketosis i went into it on the mornin of day two. sounds like u r :) :) id watsapp u cos then wen u need to ask sonethin or i do is quicker but i dont know how to privet message u my num.
day is hard u only thought of food? day two is ok but three n four be prepered to be mentaly unstable lol but then it gets gud remember meal at a time its not for eva food will b thr wen we r skinnu minis xx

11lbs that's fab!!!! I hope mines as good.. Weigh in for me is Monday, struggled a bit day one and two with headaches starvation etc... Day 3 caved and licked buttercream off my finger.. And ate half a ting one egg omelette ... Wtf is wrong with me???? Felt guilty and angry so took myself off for a bath and early bed like a naughty child and drank bucket loads of water( might as well have taken my bed in the bathroom..lol) day 4 and I'm in the bath again... Been good all day but hubby and kids are having spaghetti Bol and the smell was killing me so I've removed myself till I have my shake at 6.30

the sugar free mints and gum make u gassy :/ i burp loads lol we will be thin but with all these side effects lol. u may b in ketosis i went into it on the mornin of day two. sounds like u r :) :) id watsapp u cos then wen u need to ask sonethin or i do is quicker but i dont know how to privet message u my num.
day is hard u only thought of food? day two is ok but three n four be prepered to be mentaly unstable lol but then it gets gud remember meal at a time its not for eva food will b thr wen we r skinnu minis xx

I don't know how to either I think cos we are we we can't do it just yet.. Ill keep trying :) Just got home sooooo hungry ow boiled the kettle for soup but I'm gunna wait til I'm really hungry to eat it. And yeah we will eat food again and not too long away..... 16 weeks my consultant said.... But that will be July 11th so it isn't too long!! Yeah I'll be prepared for day 3 and 4 I feel like I want to eat everything and anything right now but ill stay strong! Lol x x

11lbs that's fab!!!! I hope mines as good.. Weigh in for me is Monday, struggled a bit day one and two with headaches starvation etc... Day 3 caved and licked buttercream off my finger.. And ate half a ting one egg omelette ... Wtf is wrong with me???? Felt guilty and angry so took myself off for a bath and early bed like a naughty child and drank bucket loads of water( might as well have taken my bed in the bathroom..lol) day 4 and I'm in the bath again... Been good all day but hubby and kids are having spaghetti Bol and the smell was killing me so I've removed myself till I have my shake at 6.30

I've had a headache over half the day so far.. And I've been drinking loads maybe not enough... 3 litres is a good daily aim though I thought? Hmmm. And don't worry push through the cheating! I'm sure ill get tempted too and hopefully I push through it. Keep going! And Mmm Spag Bol that sounds so amazing right now! But yes don't be in the same room my other half is cooking his tea and I'm gunna sit in a different room lol! x x

My headaches were really bad day 1 and 2 but a bit better yesterday and today.... 3litres is excellent!! I'm struggling with getting some water down but I know it's got to be done

My headaches were really bad day 1 and 2 but a bit better yesterday and today.... 3litres is excellent!! I'm struggling with getting some water down but I know it's got to be done

I drink half a pint of water every two hours. I started at 7am finishing at 9 tonight that way I do constantly need to pee but it's less daunting then gouging down a huge amount in one go.

Just had the chicken and mushroom soup it was so yummy. Very powdery even though I put it in my blender but I was so hungry I had every last drop! x x

That's a good idea with the water... May need to try that!!! Tbh I haven't tried the soups or porridge so many people say they're not nice and I'm worried if I didn't like it I'd throw it away, maybe get hungry and cave in :-( ........I'm quite fussy on the shakes too. My CDC reccomended I have a hot vanilla shake with coffee in it.. She said it was like a latte.... We'll it was horrid!!! That was binned!!! I do like the new lemon bar... That fills me in an evening with a cup of tea

I had really bad headaches the first two days but today they seemed to have eased off! I did feel a bit hungry earlier so I weighed out 20g of the soup and mixed it with 100mls water and then I'll have 20g of a shake later with the same. Well done for riding your first day out RlovesA! :D

I've heard other people have a tiny blip in their first week and still lose weight so don't worry too much :) tomorrow is a brand new day!

I've had a headache over half the day so far.. And I've been drinking loads maybe not enough... 3 litres is a good daily aim though I thought? Hmmm. And don't worry push through the cheating! I'm sure ill get tempted too and hopefully I push through it. Keep going! And Mmm Spag Bol that sounds so amazing right now! But yes don't be in the same room my other half is cooking his tea and I'm gunna sit in a different room lol! x x

hiya thank u :) my fam had spag bol too i dont eat meat but ohhhhhh mayyyyn i wantd that.
u will do it girlys evryone relapses jus rememeber y ur doin it n it will get easyer....sayin tht
i hav just f***ing relapesed cant beleive it after such a gud weight loss today n im ova the first hard week.
i usualy have poridge brekie shaje lunch n soup tea but today i did porridge porridhe shake so afta shake was starved i was scrapin my daughters left overs away n just shovled two peices of garlic bread down cnt belive it so mad at my self n feel utter **** now will not do that agin.n defo aint guna swich my meals again old.way was workin to keep me ful so shuda stuk to it. but not gunna dwell onwards an upwords tomoz is anew day onwards n upwards xx

You've done sooo well so far, you'll be fine! These things happen! The important bit is just not letting one mistake be an excuse to make another. When I used to do slimming world if I ever had a relapse I'd just think oh well i'll start again tomorrow and eat loads more but it doesn't do you any favours. At least you know now that your meal plan works! You can do it! xx

I get where you're coming from. After I lost 3 stone last year I felt totally gutted when I found out I'd put a stone back on, it really wasn't worth it!

How are you both getting on today? xx

Day 2 I had 3 shakes today as I'm at work 9-8 and don't have facilities to make soup and I'm exchanging the porridge for soups tomorrow. I've been making up the shakes with 300ml of water instead of the 227ml as they are too thick otherwise and I get more to drink too.

Coconut one was nice and mint choc is def my fav so far. Have much more energy today, can't believe I was asleep by 9 last night...!!

Worried about days 3 & 4 sat and sun as everyone says they are the hardest but gonna keep busy and think about going shopping on Sunday for some new shoes lol!

How's everyone else doing? x x

Well it's the start if day 3... Feel fine at the moment :) Had a sneak peak on scales and I've lost 4lb already?! Going to hide my scales so I don't weigh myself so it's more of a surprise when my consultant weighs me.
How's everyone else doing? x x

Well done!!! I know how hard it is to resist the scales... I've done the same but to see it go down quite a bit and couple of days keeps you motivated as if your doing something right!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work... Da6 for me and all ok :)

Woohoo well done for making it so far! I found yesterday the hardest but feel a bit better today. I had a sneaky weigh this morning and it's looking good but I don't want to get too excited just yet. Counting down the days til my Tuesday official weigh in!

I'm on day 5 today and I'm definitely feeling less tired than I have been. Tried the porridge this morning and could only stand about 3 mouthfuls so I'm going to have half a shake in a minute and then my normal 2 shakes/soups later. Going to go to the cinema hopefully to keep busy! Might have to go shopping at some point as well. :rolleyes:

Hope you all have a good weekend! x

Yeah weighing yourself definitely keeps you motivated.
I have to go grocery shopping tonight as the people I'm taking can't drive... Arghhh. Maybe ill wait in the car. Day 3 is going fine though.

Yeah the porridge is gross so I'm going tonight swapping them all for shakes she said thy we are allowed.

I got some strawberry flavoured sugar free chewing gum as noticed breath is a bit interesting and apparently if you have a minty one it makes your belly gurgle so I've had a piece of that and it tasted like the best thing EVER.

Hope you all have a nice weekend and keep me updated x x x

Morning of day 4 currently sipping on a strawberry milkshake :)

Had another sneaky look on the scales... I've lost 12lb so far?? THIS CANNOT BE RIGHT my scales are only cheap so I've given them to my fiancé to put in the bin!

x x

Back