Step 1 Sole Source Cambridge Diet SS Week 1 Done :)

Hi I am a mum of 3 and have done this diet lots of times before and never stuck to it, I have just completed my 1st week (yay!!) and I have lost 8lbs :) I've drank loads of water. I am having 3 shakes for 4 days of the week and 2 shakes and a bar for the other 3.

I am definitely more determined this time and focused to what I want to achieve (although I do go on my hols mid August so it has prompted me!)

I would love some feedback and encouragement to keep going as I have cheated before with little tastes of food when prepping for the kids!

Good Luck everyone!

Week 1: 8lbs

Last edited:
:) Ooh well done, that's great for your first week! My first weigh in is tomorrow and i am petrified!!

Thankyou I must say it has been hard but I keep thinking mind over matter...it doesn't help when my work colleagues bring goodies in but I picture myself in the mirror and think No! keep going :)

Good luck on you weigh in tomorrow, let me know how you get on :)

Thankyou TillyE I really hope I get similar results next week i'm trying to drink even more water see if that keeps it up.

How did you get on today? How did you find the shakes/soups?

Keep me posted :)

Lovely start - Spicy Tomato, Mint Choc and Melon today. Made the last 2 with crushed ice so it was like drinking melted icecream...yummy and refreshing. 3.5l drank today on top of that. So basics are covered. A cuppa before bed and an early night to withstand temptations lol

I only lost 3lbs, not great and I don't know why because I have stuck to it 100%. I am not going to let it throw me though, i have another ten days worth in the cupboard now and will try and up my water a bit more

Don't give up now! It could be that you didn't have much "weight of food" in your tummy before you started the diet. I'm going for 4-5lbs in my first week. I will be happy with that.

No don't give up that's a good start and you may notice the initial 'big' weight loss on your next weigh in, I would say to defo drink lots of water as TillyE as said 3.5l should cover it..

TillyE how you finding the soups? I liked it first time round but just can't stomach it now, literally all I have is the chocolate shake as its the only thing I know I like, along with a bar for dinner.
What was the melon you had? I'm intrigued never heard of this one..

Keep up the good work ladies :)

I was being silly - It was the Mango, not Melon :eek:
I don't think I am going to go for the soups, at least not over the summer with this weather.

I'm think my main flavours will be Mango, Banana, Choc Mint, Choc & Vanilla.

Last edited:
Well done on ur loss. Keep it up. I lost 5.5lbs in the first week..this is my 2nd week. Hope to see the same if not more weight loss. Im drinking abt 3 ltrs of water. Its much easier drinking it especially with this hot weather

I have found it easier and easier to drink the water with every day that passes and i have to say already i am noticing my skin isn't as dry as it was which is great!

Yeh i know what u mean about the skin...mine is glowing now. My hair seems to look fuller to..im sure thats down to the water

Well done on ur loss. Keep it up. I lost 5.5lbs in the first week..this is my 2nd week. Hope to see the same if not more weight loss. Im drinking abt 3 ltrs of water. Its much easier drinking it especially with this hot weather

Thanks, that's really good, when is your next weigh in? Yeah its ok at the min I try and carry a bottle of water everywhere I go to increase my intake and make sure I freeze one, so much nicer :)

I was being silly - It was the Mango, not Melon :eek:
I don't think I am going to go for the soups, at least not over the summer with this weather.

I'm think my main flavours will be Mango, Banana, Choc Mint, Choc & Vanilla.
haha ohh thought I hadn't heard of that one, I used to like the banana but find it really sickly now, when is your next weigh in? My second weekly weigh in is tomorrow :)

I get weighed again next Saturday.
But I've had a couple of slip ups this weekend...so I am only expecting a minimal loss if anything...Need to get my head back in gear!!

no inches lost in first week, but wasn't expecting that anyway. I am still in ketosis so the temptations weren't too bad...mainly egg on Saturday and chicken on Sunday.

Back