Cambridge Diet Weightloss Record Thread. Please add your story!

Hi, as many motivational stories as possible are welcomed from me. I started sole source on Tuesday and have found it quite hard, hunger not being the main thing. I really miss eating! My first weigh in is tomorrow night and I'm hoping for at least half a stone. Fingers crossed. Am v glad I found this forum though.

Hi, as many motivational stories as possible are welcomed from me. I started sole source on Tuesday and have found it quite hard, hunger not being the main thing. I really miss eating! My first weigh in is tomorrow night and I'm hoping for at least half a stone. Fingers crossed. Am v glad I found this forum though.

Hi buff girl 73, I started on tuesday too and have my weigh in tomorrow! I've realy struggled with the no eating thing too, really missed sitting down in the evening with my other half and having tea :( but on the bright side I weighed myself this morning and have lost a stone already! That is what is motivating me to keep with it this first week, every other day I have weighed myself and seen the pounds dropping off and I measured myself mid week and have lost 4 inches from my hips, 2 from my waist and 1 from my bust. if I hadn't weighed and measured I would have given in by now.
xxx

First weigh in......Any Groups I can join?

Well I'm not astounded but I am pleased. I've had my first weigh in today and have lost 8 lbs which I believe is not bad, would have loved double figures but then again, can't have everything. I am loving this site for motivation though, onwards and upwards, I'm really hoping for 4lbs next week. I'll do whatever I can for it. What's certain is that my appetite has disappeared pretty much now, I just don't want to get bored. If anyone has a group they could invite me into that would be great.

Have you joined a team? I'm a waterbabe and they are so great, they listen to me moan and are happy for me when I have a good day. And they all have such brilliant ideas for making it easier.
Personally, when I feel like I'm getting bored I play with play dough, it keeps my hands busy! I've found this is especially good when you're watching a film and you'd usually be snacking!
xxx

Hello everyone!

I started the Cambridge Diet last Monday - had a couple of wobbly days where I ate toast in the evening but still carried on regardless. I went to see my counsellor last night and was delighted to have lost 7lbs and 3.5inches! It really motivated me to stick with the diet this week! Reading how successful everyone on this forum is also inspires me to stick at it to reach my goal weight.

Natalie ;)

Hi everyone,

I started SS+ this Monday & my first Wi is Friday. I'm finding it quite easy ATM but I'm dreading the weekend, cause my OH has gone to Glastonbury & I'm on my own. I've emptied the fridge in preparation, but I'm not sure that's enough.:sigh:
Wish me luck!

I read this thread when I joined up the first time - so inspirational! It still is, this is my 4th re-start! Spotting all the changes in members since they first posted here is amazing...

I will be up there with a before/after picture like you all!

newbie.

i started c.d last week and had my first weigh in this morning. ive lost 5lb which i am really happy with seen as i has a large takeaway after a bad day at work!!
anyway a new week, new start.
i find this forum so useful and an inspiration.
its great to see how others are doing!:family2:

Hi everyone, I'm on week 7 of CD SS at the moment but have only just spotted this thread for some reason! I haven't cheated at all except for week 3 when I went to London with work for a training course and more or less had to eat in the evenings (but only had half of one portion of a meal!) That gave me my worst loss of 1.6lbs, so I've been too afraid to cheat ever again :)

Had a really good loss of 10lbs last week but my last WI yesterday I had a smaller loss again of 2.4lbs. I think that's because I've just started the dreaded TOTM though, so fingers crossed for another good loss at the next WI!

Anyway, my weight loss record is in my signature below and I'm sad enough that I can remember it word for word as I have to recite it to about 20 people at work almost every day ;)

doubledebra- I do night shift work(i'm here now actually!-naughty!)

well, i'm only on day 5.. so not overly experienced.. but so far it's not been bad at all. I've not cheated- which i am so proud of- i didnt think i was capable!

I do three or four nights in a row a week. It's hard spacing the meals out right- esp.when you're asleep most of the day. But its doable!! And really not as bad as i thought it would be. Just drink your own body weight in water, and you'll be surprised at how much faster the night goes when you spend in total around 3 hours weeing!! heh. i'm trying to stretch my bladder..not working so far!

keep in touch and let me know how it's going. Nice to know someone else is doing this diet nocturnal. :)

Hi,
So I am on my 7th week of SS on the CD. My start weight was 14st 8 and I had a BMI of 33.
11/5/9 14st 8lbs START DATE
18/5/9 14st 1lbs
1/6/9 13st 9lbs
8/6/9 13st 3lbs
16/6/9 13st 1lbs
24/6/9 12st 9lbs

blasted thing posted before I was done!
So yeah, I am very happy! Have lost 29 pounds (I weighed myself the other day, another 2 down, but official weigh in tomorrow)
and am pretty much half way to my goal!!!
Even better, my BMI is a lot better than it was!!!
My measurements have gone down, particularly the chest area!!! From 46inches to 42. And my face looks so much better! Stomach not doing as well as I would like, and I have a 'pouch' from having my daughter, just praying it will go down too!!!
but otherwise, very happy! x

This is the best thread I've seen so far I think!

What I really love is that the tickers update with the current weight loss, so when someone posts 'I;m just starting, I don't know if I can do this' etc etc, you can see that they've had amazing losses or even reached their goals by now.

Absolutely inspiring. Just really hope that I'll be one of them too! :)

A newbie

Have just joined this forum and started CD SS (am on second day). Not too bad with the hunger but finding it hard with the concept of not eating anything. Can you pre-make the shakes before taking them to work as I made a huge mess and ended up with a lumpy shake yesterday. My starting weight is 16.13 and would like to get to about 11 st. Great site and much valued support. I look forward to hearing everyone's stories.

my weight loss so far

Okay - well I was pleased to see this because I am so overjoyed with my loss

Started wanting to lose 2 stone before my holiday - I thought that this would be impossible....

Week 1 - 8lb lost
Week 2 - 3lb lost
Week 3 - 5lb lost
Week 4 - 2lb lost
Week 5 - 4lb lost

Then holiday - weigh in after two weeks ( and I didn't follow CD SS at all on holiday - my choice ) - 6lb on :cry:

But just five days later my next weigh in

Week 6 - 11lb lost - WOW!

I Have now amended my target - but BMI is now 25 (have decided to go for 22) and I am in size 12s without any squeezing!

This is by far the easiest diet that I have ever, ever followed - there is no ambiguity and I rarely if ever feel hungry - overjoyed! ;)

Just had my first weigh-in and I've lost 10lbs! The horror of the first few days seems worth it now. I'm told it gets easier after the 2nd week so am looking forward to that. Going back to the gym tonight so that I can hopefully lose a fair bit next week. Does anyone feel tired on this diet as the first week I felt shattered (certainly not enough energy to go to the gym!)

i love reading peoples signatures & stories its a great inspiration, anytime i feel a low moment instead of looking for food i log in here and read the posts its a great help....thank you everybody

Hi i'm a newbie, I willCD next week, as went to see counsellor today but need form filled in by my GP, and she not back til next monday. I am really inspired by all the fab weight losses posted on here.
I need to lose a large amount but my first aim is 2 stone so i can be referred for fertility treatment. I am counting down slightly this week so going to shakes next week isn't such a shock to my system. I hope to come here to keep me motivated.

what a great thread, im on day 6 of ss and really didnt think id make it this far as i felt so ill for the first 4 days ive so far lost 5lb:D ( i know i should wait a week before getting weighed but needed the motivation to make me continue! ) i havnt weighed myself again am waiting til monday morning ( sat nite now) so im really excited to see how ive done.
my cdc is on holiday until 21st sept so thats my official weigh in so hopefully be a stone down by then:)
im finding the shakes really nice especially the vnilla one made with ice just like a 'proper' milkshake lovely and thick and creamy.
i do sometimes miss food but dont miss the feelings of going to bed feeling bloated, sick and totally disgusted with myself for eating so much,
with me i was either on diet or not, all or nothing so i was either stuffed or starving. i like the way that with ss you dont think about what you are allowed to eat you just stick with your 3 shakes etc and your water...easy ( in theory anyway lol)
anyway enough of my ramblings will update on monday.
good luck to everyone and thanks fo such a brill site.
Jo

Back