Cambridge Diet Weightloss Record Thread. Please add your story!

hi everyone i started the cambridge diet a week ago today after being recommended it by a friend at work who had lost a significant amount of weight on it so i thought id give it a try..ive been doing sole source for 1 week now (3 shakes a day) as im 5 ft6!.. got 5 stone in total to lose (START WEIGHT 16st 11)
ive just had my weigh in this morning for the first time and ive lost 9lbs in total...lost 1 & 1/2 inch off my waist,3/4 of an inch off my hips 1 & 1/2 inch off my chest and 1 inch off my upper arm!

so im chuffed to bits!:D good luck to everyone! xxx

Been on CD for 9 days now and on my first WI on Thursday id lost 8lb's.

My CDC is now away for 2 weeks so i hope when she comes back i'll have lost over another 8lb's, fingers crossed anyway :)

Hi!

Im new to the site and the diet! I see my CDC on Sunday and the plan is to do ss+ all the way until i reach my goal. How long do you think this may take? I want to lose about 4 stone (from 17st to 13st or 12 and a half).

This is a great thread and your stories are inspirational to people like me :)

Thanks

Hi
I am on day four of SS and yesterday i was about ready to give up, i was very emotional and snappy and wanted to eat everything in sight!!!! So far today i'm feeling better and i hope this continues for the rest of the day. My goal is to get to 9 stone (I am currently 11 stone 6 Lbs) i am optimistic as to how long it will take but feel confident i can get there. I tried my first soup last night and it wasn't what i was expecting but it was delicious none the less.
Hope everyone is getting on ok with their progress.

I'm on day 9. Going well. Definitely in ketosis. i last weighed myself on Monday (day 6) and i lost 8lbs. My counsellor is coming on Saturday (day 11) :) keep you all posted!

I'm having yet another horrible day, feel absolute rubbish and found out it's that time of the month this morning!! Not happy, i feel really sick.

I am a guy, so any guys out there this should give you some idea of how much you could potentially lose on SS

1st CD Journey (July - Oct 06)

Week 1 11 Pounds
Week 2 9 Pounds
Week 3 8Pounds
Week 4 5Pounds
Week 5 7Pounds
Week 6 11Pounds
Week 7 8Pounds
Week 8 4Pounds
Week 9 11Pounds
Week 10 4Pounds
Week 11 7Pounds
Week 12 7Pounds
Week 13 6 Pounds

22 Stone 8 to 15 stone 8

2nd CD Journey (Sep - Oct 07)

Week 1 10 Pounds
Week 2 7 Pounds
Week 3 7 Pounds
Week 4 6 Pounds

19 Stone 3 to 17 stone 1

3rd CD Journey (Apr - May 08)

Week 1 16 Pounds
Week 2 6 Pounds
Week 3 4 Pounds

17 Stone 10 to 15 Stone 12

4th CD Journey (Oct 08 - current)

Week 1 - 15 Pounds
Week 2 - 8 Pounds
Week 3 - TBC
Week 4 - TBC

Currently 17 Stone 2

I'm getting there :D

Thought I would update this old post of mine

4th Attempt (Oct 08 - Nov 08)

Week 1 - 15 Pounds
Week 2 - 8 Pounds
Week 3 - 4 Pounds
Week 4 - 5 Pounds
Week 5 - 2 Pounds

18 Stone 11 to 16 Stone 5

5th Attempt (Jan 09 - Feb 09)

Week 1 - 12 Pounds
Week 2 - 3 Pounds

17 Stone 6 to 16 Stone 5

6th Attempt (May 09)

Week 1 - 11 Pounds

17 Stone 3 to 16 Stone 6

7th Attempt (Aug – Sep2009)

Start weight = 17 Stone 2

Week 1 - 12 Pounds
Week 2 - 7 Pounds
Week 3 - 3 Pounds

17 Stone 2 to 15 Stone 8

8th Attempt (Started 3rd March 2010

Start Weight 16 Stone 10 :D

hi BigH, hope all is well, stuck to SS 100% since the 23rd September and i have lost just over 6 1/2 stone!!! Check out my pics in the pics thread!!!!

Good Luck

Amazing!!

Have just read through the whole thread..all i can say is AMAZING!! Will be adding my story in a few months.. ;)

hi BigH, hope all is well, stuck to SS 100% since the 23rd September and i have lost just over 6 1/2 stone!!! Check out my pics in the pics thread!!!!

Good Luck

Well done to you mate - great achievement!!

I'm afraid I am not the best advert for maintaining :( When I posted on this thread I was on CD journey number 8, 11 months ago. Tomorrow I am starting CD journey number 12 :( Not sure how heavy I am going to be when I go on the scales in the morning, but I guess approx 18 and a half stone, which is 3 and half stone heavier than I was when I finished journey number 1, but if trying to be positive is still 4 stone less than before I found CD.

Without a doubt CD is not a long tetrm solution for me, but if I don't do it again, in 4 weeks time, I will be 20 stone!!

I have read all the books, done the hypnosis and had 8 months of therapy and yet still my emotional addiction/dependency with food remains as strong as ever :(

But as they say "you haven't failed until you have given up," and I haven't thrown in the towel yet ;)

I love coming on this thread and having a read keeps me going. Thanks, TG x

Here is mine, got to my goal weight of 9.7 from 11.9.5 in 11 weeks, from a size 14 to a 10 (I'm 5'3") 30.5lbs total lost

Week 1 - 6.5lbs 11st 3lbs SS
Week 2 - 5.5lbs 10st 11.5lbs SS+
Week 3 - 3lbs 10st 8.5lbs SS+
Week 4 - 1lb 10st 7.5lbs SS+
Week 5 - 3lbs 10st 4.5lbs SS+
Week 6 - 4lb 10st 0.5lbs SS+
Week 7 - 2lbs 9st 12.5lbs 810
Week 8 - 2lbs 9st 10.5lbs 810
Week 9 - 1lb 9st 9.5lbs 810
Week 10 - 1.5lbs 9st 8lbs 810
Week 11 - 1lb 9st 7lbs 810ish (more like 1000)

Wow you have all done so well!!

I've done ss for 13 days but have had 2 weigh ins one at day 5 & one day 12 & have lost 14lb, I'm so determined! I can't wait for next weeks weigh in :)

Hi All, what a lovely thread, its so encouraging for us CD newbies to read about the success you have all had.

Five years ago I managed, using a strict detox diet to lose 60kg and I bought the most beautiful 'off the catwalk' Maggie Sottero wedding dress size 10 - I looked amazing!!!

Anyway, I had some bad family issues, didnt get married, lost my job - all in 2005, as a result I put on 70kgs. I had my PCOS under control when I finally lost weight (was taking Dianette for years) as the weight gain started my periods stopped. In 2008 I found out I had some large lumps on my thyroid (non cancerous TG), now I hypothyroid & am actually a very healthy eater, and I exercise x2 a day. The conventional method of losing weight was getting me nowhere & going to a dietician each week for 2 years and telling me, well done you lost 100grams and 6 units of inner body fat just did not do it for me anymore. A few weeks ago I started having some foot pain followed by back pain, I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis. I started thinking what the f***, Im only 32 and falling apart - the osteoarthritis made me want to take drastic measures, for my health, partner, and i have hundreds of pairs of great shoes and want to wear them, plus I dont want to get old and only wear boring shoes! I was thinking of selling the wedding dress because I got to the point when I thought 'who am I kidding, Im never going to get into this again', looking at it makes me sad, even cry sometimes.

My first weigh in today made me cry again, of joy, my counsellor told me that if I lost 2-4lbs in the first week that would be great considering the PCOS & hypothyroid that delay weight loss. After losing 11.9lbs in the first week, I have this new found confidence that maybe I dont need to sell the wedding dress anymore!!

I have lost 7lb in 6 days :) Not the biggest amount in the world but big enough for me. I am so pleased.

Back