Cambridge weight plan - April 2014 start - any buddies to share my (hunger) pain? Xx

Heya Kate. Your day sounds like mine as of tomorrow! I will be back at work and on my feet all day so I have a feeling I may need to do the catch up water in the evening because I forget to drink!! Good idea to weigh yourself for the first week - at least then you can see the progress better. Also my consultant said you will be 2lbs heavier in the evening because of all the water consumed. I too will be on the site in the evenings after work so the same goes if you need to rant too. My worst fear is the school I work at provides lunch for everyone (staff and kids) and they are the most amazing meals!!! That's gonna be a tough obstacle! I am feeling a bit better about the diet but I am starting to feel a bit bored by it. I might try out those different recipes you can do with the powders. Do you have any motivating reasons for losing weight or is it just for yourself? Mine is that I am my sister's maid of honour on 17th May and the other bridesmaids are tiny! I have worried about my weight too long and this has sparked it off. After that I am going to continue with the SS (maybe SS+) and lose weight for myself.

Boredom is high for me with the products, but I'm looking forward to week 3 onwards when I can (hopefully!) enjoy porridge, bars and just having different recites I'm sure will help.

My motivating reasons:
First and most importantly, it's definitely for myself. My own health and happiness. Just to feel like a smidge like the me before I kids again!

Then I'd say it's to keep up with my 3 energetic children!

Finally, i guess it's also because I have a slim husband (he has always been slim - it's in the genes!!) it's not fair that he married a healthy weigh person and I've got 4 sizes bigger!!

Your motivating reasons sound great!! Nothing like a wedding to get you into shape. You will look amazing in the bridesmaids dress, stick with things! Heavily sympathetic to your work food routine. How difficult for you! My work dilemma is that my colleagues and myself are all keen bakers so there is always a lush homemade cake to be had!

:)

Ok so my 'unofficial' weigh in shows a loss of 7lbs! It's unofficial because my first actual weigh in with Cambridge consultant is on week two, next week. But home scales showed 7lb loss for week one. I am a little gutted because I thought after hearing everyone's 9, 10, even 12lb losses that I may achieve that too. Especially as there has been no cheats! :-(

But, 7lbs is half a stone. It's a good amount right?

Omg 7lbs is incredible, please don't compare (I know it's hard) because it could be different for so many reasons!

Just remember that it's 7lbs you're kissing goodbye too permanently and keep your eye on the prize!!

Omg 7lbs is incredible, please don't compare (I know it's hard) because it could be different for so many reasons! Just remember that it's 7lbs you're kissing goodbye too permanently and keep your eye on the prize!!

Thanks lizz!! I am happy. I am. It's just weird it's like I'm obsessed with all things weight loss. I suppose that a good thing in a way! Adds to the motivation!

How you doing? Still obsessively cleaning?! Haha!!

As long as it doesn't make you stumble along the way then that's good!

Haha no! I'm in tired mode. I usually spend 4000 times more time thinking about food on this diet so cooking programmes and ideas for baking are keeping me busy lol
There is no logic!

When you next weighing in?

Ok so my 'unofficial' weigh in shows a loss of 7lbs! It's unofficial because my first actual weigh in with Cambridge consultant is on week two, next week. But home scales showed 7lb loss for week one. I am a little gutted because I thought after hearing everyone's 9, 10, even 12lb losses that I may achieve that too. Especially as there has been no cheats! :-(

That's great! My second weigh in (which is actually the first proper week) was just over 7lbs but that was actually after ten days so you are doing well! We are very similar!

7lb is fab. I lost 8lb first week and 6lb the 2nd week. You'll Prob find you 2nd weigh in will be more than average and the people who have the massive first week loss have smaller 2nd week losses. It all averages out in the end. Keep going :)

Total loss on cambridge - 2 stone 11lb :)

Thanks liz! And well done on your achievement so far, I so hope to follow in your footsteps :)

Thanks so much Sara!!

All your comments are making me feel better. Not that I felt really bad, I knew it's an ok loss really, I'm just being a twit! x

I totally messed up my maths! It was 8lbs for week one, not 7lbs. Ok so not a major difference but it means so much to me that all important pound extra!

That's super :) and it really pushes you in the right direction :)

Hi every one
I hope you don't mind me joining in:) I'm on week 3 of ss and loving it. :D

Hi every one I hope you don't mind me joining in:) I'm on week 3 of ss and loving it. :D

Hiya!! No problem pet!

Tell us how you've been getting on? How's your weight loss? I'm in week two and I do feel like it's getting easier. I'm so looking forward to week 3's porridge though! :)

Hi
I lost 10lbs in week 1 and 6 in week 2. I'm not having the soup or porridge just the shakes but this week has been the easiest so far. I even managed to make it through my daughter's b'day party without being tempted:)

Welcome on board!

I'm on day 12 of ss and nailing it! Love this diet!!!

How are you finding it?

Cat can do - Well done on your weight losses so far! They are awesome!! :)

Welcome on board! I'm on day 12 of ss and nailing it! Love this diet!!! How are you finding it?

Lizz you are the most positive person on here! Haha!! I thought I was focused, but I'm a total inadequate next to you ;)

That said, I haven't cheated yet and I do like the diet too! Except today, feeling poorly!

Thank you.
I found it really hard for the first 4 days but I've been ok since then. I own a village shop so always lots of temptation but I'm managing to stay strong, the idea of coming out of ketosis is enough to keep me on track :)

Thank you. I found it really hard for the first 4 days but I've been ok since then. I own a village shop so always lots of temptation but I'm managing to stay strong, the idea of coming out of ketosis is enough to keep me on track :)

I am so jealous! A village shop?!?! Wow! How quaint! But I sympathise with the everyday temptations all around you :( sending you some kick ass willpower!!!

Hi everyone

I'm knew to this whole forum thing!

I am on day 26 of sole source- having 3 shakes a day. I have lost 17lb so far and I'm feeling slimmer :)

I have really started to struggle this week. Very moody and all I can think about is food. I haven't cheated at all though until tonight. I had an extra shake. I was just so miserable and my husband and kids had bloody dominos for tea which smelt amazing lol. I don't feel too bad though as at least I had a shake and not a slice of pizza. I was absolutely desperate.

Well done to you all, everyone is doing so well on here!

Back