Any newbies starting out?

flab

Hi I've done my first week on the Cambridge weight plan and wanted to get a new thread going. Has anyone just started or anyone still going strong that wants to share. My official weigh in is on Thursday but I think I have lost around 11lbs in the first week. Pretty pleased with that!

Hi
Well done you on your loss! I lost 11 pound in my first week that's fab!!
My second weigh in day is today hoping to have lost 3pound at least to get to my stone!
Are you on ss? I did ss for my first week and a bit and then I had a little meal (200 calories) as was feeling like if I didn't I would blow everything... And I have been 100% ever since .... I'm hoping to have my bars this week now... I think I have it inprinted in my brain now.... I no longer feel hungry, yay!! Been drinking 3 litres and more a day! I love fizzy water!! Haha... Keep up the good work!! We can do this!!

Hi
Well done you on your loss! I lost 11 pound in my first week that's fab!!
My second weigh in day is today hoping to have lost 3pound at least to get to my stone!
Are you on ss? I did ss for my first week and a bit and then I had a little meal (200 calories) as was feeling like if I didn't I would blow everything... And I have been 100% ever since .... I'm hoping to have my bars this week now... I think I have it inprinted in my brain now.... I no longer feel hungry, yay!! Been drinking 3 litres and more a day! I love fizzy water!! Haha... Keep up the good work!! We can do this!!

Hi Cymrubaby!! Thanks I'm really happy with the loss! How did your weigh in go today? Well done on losing 11 pounds it is a really positive start!
Yeah I am doing SS I've managed to stick to three sachets a day most days shake for breakfast, soup for lunch and a shake for dinner - haven't found it so bad.
I tried a bar wasn't that keen but they are great to grab and go. I've stuck to just plain old water for now will hold off on the fizzy water until I'm getting fed up. Well done for getting straight back on plan and only having a 200cal.
The hardest part is the excuses for not being in social situations as they all revolve around drinking and eating!
Glad I have a buddy who started at the same time :) Yes we can do it!!

Hi there,
Woohoo! Lost 4 pounds today... So that 15 pound in 2 weeks
It's great having a buddy! Thanks! We can compare notes and moan( well I moan) haha
I'm having a bar tonight ( got the lemon ones?) so looking forward to that !
When is your weigh in day? Has your CDC measured you as well? Mine hasn't this time... She's ok but doesn't seem to ask a lot apart from how I'm doing ( I'm not there very long) but there isn't anybody else around by where I live
Anyway off to college now so will catch up with you later.... Have a good day

Started this Monday, had 4 meals the first day as I was starving but fine since then. I'm weighing myself every day because I think that'd be a good habit to get into.

Not tried the lemon bar yet. Had the orange one, not too keen :-(

My CDC does measure me, but compared to LL doesn't really ask much.

At least I'm going into ketosis now and a lot less hungry. Finding it hard though, with all this lovely weather, would love to BBQ.

Last edited:
Hi there,
Woohoo! Lost 4 pounds today... So that 15 pound in 2 weeks
It's great having a buddy! Thanks! We can compare notes and moan( well I moan) haha
I'm having a bar tonight ( got the lemon ones?) so looking forward to that !
When is your weigh in day? Has your CDC measured you as well? Mine hasn't this time... She's ok but doesn't seem to ask a lot apart from how I'm doing ( I'm not there very long) but there isn't anybody else around by where I live
Anyway off to college now so will catch up with you later.... Have a good day
15 pounds that's amazing well done. Keep going!

I officially started last Monday so was weighed then as had the morning off. My offcial weigh in is Thursday so went last Thursday and had lost 3lbs and and today lost another 5lbs so that's a bit less than I thought but still happy with 8 in 11 days!
Haven't tried the lemon bar had the toffee which was okay got a mint chocolate and orange chocolate tonight as they are dark chocolate so look forward to that.
Have you tried any food sachets? I've just tried the rice one and wasn't keen added extra chilli to it. I got the risotto to try today but not holding my breath.
Made a hot mint hot chocolate tonight which was lush.
Yeah my CDC took my measurements on the first meeting but not today as I don't think that much would have changed. She is very busy around the time I go so if she has time for more than a food stock and weigh in then she will chat but I have her oh Facebook and text if I need anything.
Feeling pretty tired today so going to get an early night!

Started this Monday, had 4 meals the first day as I was starving but fine since then. I'm weighing myself every day because I think that'd be a good habit to get into.

Not tried the lemon bar yet. Had the orange one, not too keen :-(

My CDC does measure me, but compared to LL doesn't really ask much.

At least I'm going into ketosis now and a lot less hungry. Finding it hard though, with all this lovely weather, would love to BBQ.
Hi maximin and welcome to the newbies club

I'm being very bad and weighing myself at home daily as well! think with the big losses in the first few weeks it's motivating but as the losses slow down may be counter productive every day.

How much weight do you want to lose? You should hopefully find it easier joe you are in ketosis! Are you drinking lots of water?
The nice weather is a bit off putting as it makes me want to go to the beer garden!
Keep up the good work!!

Hi, I've got my goal as 8st 13lb which is 1st 9lb from my start weight. But ideally I'd go to 8st 7lb - I did that on LL and think I looked better at it. I'm only 5ft 2 so everything shows!

I know the weighing can be depressing when you don't lose much, but I've got those Withings scales which show a graph so I'm hoping I'll see a trend and not worry about a water retention day! My biggest problem when I'm maintaining is sticking my fingers in my ears, going la la la, and eating for England. Then when I finally dare to weigh I've put a stone on. This time, when I maintain, I want to spot a few pounds and do something about it while I still fit in my small clothes :)

Wow okay so how much weight did you lose on LL what's made you choose CDC this time? Yeah losing it is just the beginning maintaining is the real challenge but I'm sure you will do great!

Wow flab your doing amazing! Keep going! I don't find I'm hungry anymore I just miss the action of eating and all the social aspects of it( not that I go out much) but my whole life has seemed to revolve around food!! And because I'm at college doing my third year in advanced catering its hard but by having the 200cal meal at night with family I still feel a little part of that network with eating and chatting etc.....
Any way enough of my moaning I gotta try and sort this ticker out to update .... Not very good at computers.....Haha..
Loving the lemon bars... Lush :lemon: have a good weekend everyone... Keep in touch and motivate each other!! We can do this...x

Hi flab, lost over 3 stone with LL. They don't have a group near me, just the online thing, so I thought I'd try Cambridge as at least I'd see a real person every week.

that's incredible! I've never really been that interested in having to be accountable to someone but this time I'm finding the support really helpful.
How has your weekend gone?

Hi lovely
How are you getting on?
Weigh day today - week 3- 3 pound gonewoohoo!!! so that's 18 pound in 3 weeks... Well pleased with that!!

Let us know how you are getting on?
I'm still on my 2 shakes, 1 bar and a 200 cal meal I'm settling into this way at last and drinking water like a fish!!
I love the lemon bars they are my favourite!
Keep up with the good work now.... And keep in touch... We can do it!!!!

Hey sorry been a busy week!
18 pounds that is amazing! Well done.
It was my weight day today so that is 11lbs in two weeks - more if I weigh myself in the morning ;) haha
I'm doing sole source so managed to stick to 3 products a day and avoid food, even though it feels like everyone is tempting me.
I tried the dark chocolate mint crunchy bars they are heaven - went to the cinema to see the new Bridget Jones and took one of these so I had something to munch on. Also the choc mint shake with loads of ice in is kind of like tastes like choc mint ice cream!! Haven't tried the lemon bars yet...
How have your energy levels been? I have days where I have loads of energy and others that I just seem to crash and need to sleep.
We are doing incredible!! Soon be a month WOO!

Hi,
How are you doing?
Had a day earlier weigh day today as CDC away from tomorrow.... Lost 2 pound so was happy with that!:0icanfly:
just had my small 200 cal meal ... This is just my way of life now.... I still crave chocolate and alcohol ... Haha .... It's my mums 70th birthday this weekend and everyone is going out for lunch.... Awkward no alcohol for me!! Haha...well done on your loss... Your doing brilliant!! And well done on cinema trip and no popcorn... I am impressed! What day is your weigh in? Keep it up now... We can do thisxx I'm Natalie by the way xx

Hi I'm new I've got my consultant app tomorrow at 4 so do I start tomorrow or Thursday ?
I have done CWP 10 years ago
What's everyone doing SS or SS+ or others ?

I've just lost 4 stone on another vlcd but I got lax and losses slowed I've 36 lbs to top goal BMI 24.9 I need the support of 1-1 and weigh in as I always stop weightloss at this stage for years !!

Good luck to you Hope yo get to know you all x

Hi,
How are you doing?
Had a day earlier weigh day today as CDC away from tomorrow.... Lost 2 pound so was happy with that!:0icanfly:
just had my small 200 cal meal ... This is just my way of life now.... I still crave chocolate and alcohol ... Haha .... It's my mums 70th birthday this weekend and everyone is going out for lunch.... Awkward no alcohol for me!! Haha...well done on your loss... Your doing brilliant!! And well done on cinema trip and no popcorn... I am impressed! What day is your weigh in? Keep it up now... We can do thisxx I'm Natalie by the way xx

Hey Natalie! Was worried about you hadn't been on in a while Well done on 2lb how much is that all together now?
My weigh in is tomorrow. Hopefully I see a loss. If only they could be like the first week every week!
Social events are the hardest but if you stay on plan it will be worth it. I hear it's harder to get back on track when' you start cheating so want to stick it out for as long as possible. I miss alcohol ha. Also I'm Fi xx

Hi I'm new I've got my consultant app tomorrow at 4 so do I start tomorrow or Thursday ?
I have done CWP 10 years ago
What's everyone doing SS or SS+ or others ?

I've just lost 4 stone on another vlcd but I got lax and losses slowed I've 36 lbs to top goal BMI 24.9 I need the support of 1-1 and weigh in as I always stop weightloss at this stage for years !!

Good luck to you Hope yo get to know you all x
Hey Cherry welcome!
I would start tomorrow as you wouldn have needed to eat something before 4!
Congrats on the big loss on the other vlcd. Which one was it? I'm on SS this is my 5th week! How long did it take you to lose 4 stone?
The one to one support is really helpful I must admit. Hope your first day goes well!

Back