Step 1 Sole Source Cambridge Weight Plan- Weight Loss Diary 2014

I'm on day 4. Feeling miserable and tired today. I'm on SS and then SS+ when I really really need it. Boiled eggs may be on the menu tonight, feeling very lethargic!! I'm nearly in ketosis as I've got a nasty taste in my mouth. Hoping to wake up tomorrow and feel much better. X Starting Weight: 188lbs.

Hey Rozziebabe85, how're you feeling now? Hopefully that lethargic feeling has eased over the last few days? X

Hey Rozziebabe85, how're you feeling now? Hopefully that lethargic feeling has eased over the last few days? X

Yes, it's well and truly gone - In full ketosis!!!

Day 6 almost complete. I am finding it harder this time round but already feeling the benefits. My waist has visible shrunk!! Xx

Starting Weight: 188lbs.

Day Three: Sole Source: 7/1/14

It was a successful day three today, although also a day that I cannot wait to see the end of. I really struggled with fatigue today. I didn't manage much of anything productive and spent the day feeling rather run down. This along with a headache and my TOTM did not make for a great combination.

Over the last two days, I had been mentally strong and motivated. Today, with my energy feeling so low, that motivation wavered slightly and the negativity crept in; I kept thinking of how far the journey ahead is and that it is only day three! I refused, however, to turn to food and recognise tomorrow as a new day.

I timed my shakes and water as follows:
- 1 litre water- 11-2pm.
- Vanilla shake- 2.30pm.
- 1 litre water- 2.30-6pm.
- Chocolate Mint shake- 6.30pm.
- Toffee and Walnut shake- 9pm.
- 500ml water- 9.30 onwards.

I wasn't too blown away by the Vanilla shake and while I may try my last packet of it warm, I do not see myself buying it again, to drink cold. Last night's shake, at the later time of 10pm, really worked wonders and stopped my stomach rumbling throughout the night. Tonight, I didn't manage the final shake as late as that. However, hopefully it will not affect me, since as I'm keen to see the back of today, I'm ending the day earlier than usual and heading for an early night. X

Hey HMM! I'm glad you found it too. :D Best of luck for your consultation on Wednesday- Let me know how it goes. I look forward to your diary and progress! Is this your first time doing the Cambridge diet? X

Aaaah thank you very much! Call me Harriet!

So excited to get started, hoping it will be Thursday morning- I don't suppose there will be any delay on getting started, for example having to get a doctors note (e.g. to say I am ok to do the diet) is there?

Yes, first time on Cambridge. This is actually my first time on any real diet, as I have never been a size in order for me to worry before. I once did the Special K 'diet' and lost a lot of my puppy fat, which I found very easy to do. Mainly because I don't get hungry usually at night and so I was fine with having cereal for dinner.

So glad that we are doing this at the same time as me! Can't wait to compare notes!

Yes, it's well and truly gone - In full ketosis!!! Day 6 almost complete. I am finding it harder this time round but already feeling the benefits. My waist has visible shrunk!! Xx Starting Weight: 188lbs.

Wow, congratulations! Fingers crossed that it's a much easier experience from this point onwards. :) You'll be seeing the end of week one and having a weigh in before you know it! How exciting! Lol. X

Aaaah thank you very much! Call me Harriet! So excited to get started, hoping it will be Thursday morning- I don't suppose there will be any delay on getting started, for example having to get a doctors note (e.g. to say I am ok to do the diet) is there? Yes, first time on Cambridge. This is actually my first time on any real diet, as I have never been a size in order for me to worry before. I once did the Special K 'diet' and lost a lot of my puppy fat, which I found very easy to do. Mainly because I don't get hungry usually at night and so I was fine with having cereal for dinner. So glad that we are doing this at the same time as me! Can't wait to compare notes!

Hi Harriet!

When I had my first consultation, I was told to notify my GP that I would be starting the Cambridge diet. I was also given a form and was told that it'd be even better if my GP signed it, to confirm that I had none of the illnesses listed. But I wasn't delayed in any way- I picked my products the same day and started on the following day. I think they're a bit more cautious about GP consent, when a person's BMI is 40+ or they have certain illnesses. But hopefully that won't be a problem for you.

It's my first time on the Cambridge diet as well. I've only ever tried the 'traditional' diet and exercise route in the past. So it'll be a new experience for us both. :) Good luck for your consultation today! X

Last edited:
Day Four: Sole Source: 8/1/14

It's such a relief to say that today, I was back to my usual positive self and felt much better after yesterday's dip in energy levels. Although I still don't feel like I'm 100% myself and did still have traces of fatigue and moments of lightheadedness, it was merely fleeting and can only be so much longer before I reach Ketosis. I'm also pleased to say that day four is complete at 100% Sole Source. :D

I had Oriental Chilli soup at 3pm. I seem to be getting later and later with the timings of the first 'meal'. I should really try getting into the routine of 'eating' at a reasonable hour in the morning, so as to have a breakfast, lunch and dinner. I really enjoyed the Oriental Chilli soup and it made a pleasant change from all the sweet shakes. This was followed by a Butterscotch shake at 7pm and a Strawberry shake at 10pm. I also met the minimum water intake requirement. I hope that I'm not jinxing it, but I think the hunger pains are slowly easing away!

It was also nice to hear from my Consultant and to hear the positivity and encouragement which she exudes. So, on that note, I end the day feeling optimistic and welcome a new day. :) X

Hi Harriet!

When I had my first consultation, I was told to notify my GP that I would be starting the Cambridge diet. I was also given a form and was told that it'd be even better if my GP signed it, to confirm that I had none of the illnesses listed. But I wasn't delayed in any way- I picked my products the same day and started on the following day. I think they're a bit more cautious about GP consent, when a person's BMI is 40+ or they have certain illnesses. But hopefully that won't be a problem for you.

It's my first time on the Cambridge diet as well. I've only ever tried the 'traditional' diet and exercise route in the past. So it'll be a new experience for us both. :) Good luck for your consultation today! X

That's great to hear! There was a massive lack of communication/misunderstanding today and I was very let down by my consultant. Luckily I have an appointment with a very highly acclaimed consultant tomorrow at 10, allowing me to start my first day of Cambridge afterwards so I am so very excited!

Thanks for the information- very helpful!! You are doing so well with your journey, your perseverance is great. It will be worth it to see the pounds melt away! x

That's great to hear! There was a massive lack of communication/misunderstanding today and I was very let down by my consultant. Luckily I have an appointment with a very highly acclaimed consultant tomorrow at 10, allowing me to start my first day of Cambridge afterwards so I am so very excited! Thanks for the information- very helpful!! You are doing so well with your journey, your perseverance is great. It will be worth it to see the pounds melt away! x

Hey Harriet. Oh no, that's a shame! Still, maybe it's a blessing in disguise, since you're now approaching this highly acclaimed consultant, instead of miss-I-can't-communicate-or-keep-appointments. Lol! Thanks for the encouragement- I keep reminding myself of the same thing, every time I crave food! X

Hi Guys!

Hi Guys!

Hope i'm not intruding! I've just agreed to start this diet! I've got my first meeting with the consultant in the morning! Is it really hard? I've got determination, luckily im not getting married or anything ;) but i'm going travelling in August and could never go with all these extra lbs at the minute! Hope all your diets are going well! Can't wait to get on this! Looking to try and join a little motivation group like what you seem to have going on to check back on if I find myself staring down the biscuit aisle in Tesco!

Hope your all well!

Cody.

Hi Guys! Hope i'm not intruding! I've just agreed to start this diet! I've got my first meeting with the consultant in the morning! Is it really hard? I've got determination, luckily im not getting married or anything ;) but i'm going travelling in August and could never go with all these extra lbs at the minute! Hope all your diets are going well! Can't wait to get on this! Looking to try and join a little motivation group like what you seem to have going on to check back on if I find myself staring down the biscuit aisle in Tesco! Hope your all well! Cody.

Hey Cody, you're not intruding at all! Determination is a great trait to have- It'll certainly help you in your journey. I'm only five days into the diet; some days have been easier than others. I try to deal with it one day at a time and remind myself that it will be worth it in the end! Best of luck for your consultation tomorrow morning- Let us know how you get on. :) X

Day Five: Sole Source: 9/1/14

Yep, I jinxed it. I was craving all sorts of food throughout the day! I suppose that it probably didn't help, that I kept watching food related shows. On the upside, I had a lot more energy and was more productive than I've been in days. And best of all, I was 100% Sole Source! :D

I had Oriental Chilli Soup at 1.30pm, Chicken and Mushroom Soup at 7.30pm and the Vanilla shake with hot water at 9pm. The Chicken and Mushroom soup was nice, although nothing special and the Vanilla shake tasted so much better warm! I felt a lot thirstier today- I'm thinking it may have something to do with leaving six long hours between 'meals'. So, I ended up drinking three litres of water throughout the day.

Tomorrow will mark my first night out, while being on this diet and there will be food and alcohol galore! I'm not sure that I'm ready for it just yet but I refuse to break my five day streak of no cheating. So I am determined to get through it somehow. Wish me luck. X

Hi Guys!

Hope i'm not intruding! I've just agreed to start this diet! I've got my first meeting with the consultant in the morning! Is it really hard? I've got determination, luckily im not getting married or anything ;) but i'm going travelling in August and could never go with all these extra lbs at the minute! Hope all your diets are going well! Can't wait to get on this! Looking to try and join a little motivation group like what you seem to have going on to check back on if I find myself staring down the biscuit aisle in Tesco!

Hope your all well!

Cody.

I'm going InterRailing in August, travelling round Europe staying in hostels etc. so I am EXACTLY the same boat as you! Can't bear the idea of being this weight, wearing shorts and trailing round boiling hot countries with a great big backpack- not ideal! I'm on day 1, it is great if you have the determination- it can definitely be done! If you live by yourself (I live in a flat at uni but only have to buy food for myself so it works great) then don't buy ANY food, it will only tempt you! Also, if you are on a plan that requires a small amount of food then plan what you are going to eat for the week and buy just those ingredients online supermarket shopping. Delivery can be as low as £1.50 (or free from some places!) and it is SO worth it! You don't buy naughty things/overspend!

Day Five: Sole Source: 9/1/14

Yep, I jinxed it. I was craving all sorts of food throughout the day! I suppose that it probably didn't help, that I kept watching food related shows. On the upside, I had a lot more energy and was more productive than I've been in days. And best of all, I was 100% Sole Source! :D

I had Oriental Chilli Soup at 1.30pm, Chicken and Mushroom Soup at 7.30pm and the Vanilla shake with hot water at 9pm. The Chicken and Mushroom soup was nice, although nothing special and the Vanilla shake tasted so much better warm! I felt a lot thirstier today- I'm thinking it may have something to do with leaving six long hours between 'meals'. So, I ended up drinking three litres of water throughout the day.

Tomorrow will mark my first night out, while being on this diet and there will be food and alcohol galore! I'm not sure that I'm ready for it just yet but I refuse to break my five day streak of no cheating. So I am determined to get through it somehow. Wish me luck. X

GOOD LUCK WITH TOMORROW NIGHT! My first 'going out' challenge is Monday, I am absolutely dreading it (after that it is next Friday). I'm sure the food will be the easiest part to resist- I'm most worried about the alcohol. Food doesn't appeal to me when I'm out anyway, however resisting a vodka soda will be very hard! Have you thought about how you will go about it? Such a challenge!

I'm going InterRailing in August, travelling round Europe staying in hostels etc. so I am EXACTLY the same boat as you! Can't bear the idea of being this weight, wearing shorts and trailing round boiling hot countries with a great big backpack- not ideal! I'm on day 1, it is great if you have the determination- it can definitely be done! If you live by yourself (I live in a flat at uni but only have to buy food for myself so it works great) then don't buy ANY food, it will only tempt you! Also, if you are on a plan that requires a small amount of food then plan what you are going to eat for the week and buy just those ingredients online supermarket shopping. Delivery can be as low as £1.50 (or free from some places!) and it is SO worth it! You don't buy naughty things/overspend!

Haha yeah thats what I don't want to be doing! And carrying a massive rucksack around every day for a year is going to need me to be pretty healthy! To the chance of sounding like an idiot whats InterRailing? Sounds good though! I thought about the EU but for travelling on my own I decided Australia would be better as there isn't a language barrier etc! We seem to be in pretty much the same situation! I live in a house at uni so its not too bad as i don't have to prepare meals for anyone else but its gonna be a test to see everyone else do it every day! Bring it on haha! I'm just waiting for the knock at the door now! :)

Haha yeah thats what I don't want to be doing! And carrying a massive rucksack around every day for a year is going to need me to be pretty healthy! To the chance of sounding like an idiot whats InterRailing? Sounds good though! I thought about the EU but for travelling on my own I decided Australia would be better as there isn't a language barrier etc! We seem to be in pretty much the same situation! I live in a house at uni so its not too bad as i don't have to prepare meals for anyone else but its gonna be a test to see everyone else do it every day! Bring it on haha! I'm just waiting for the knock at the door now! :)

InterRailing is where you buy a ticket for a certain amount of time (I am going for just over a month) and depending on the ticket (i.e. whether it is unlimited travel or you are only allowed to travel for a certain number of days) then you can go just about anywhere in Europe on the train! I'm going to different places in the Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Hungary, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy and France so I will be very busy so I want to be at my fittest! I am going with my best friend and a couple of other friends are joining me at various points in the trip so it should be great fun! I have heard Australia is amazing to travel around, a couple of my friends are there at the moment. Good luck with the programme! I'm only on day 2 and I already love how it is making me feel!

Day Six: Sole Source: 10/1/14

I had an early start today. As I was going to be out for most of the day and couldn't exactly carry my blender around with me, I had a Fruits of the Forest shake at 8.30am, before I left home. I did think that I would feel hungry after only a few hours. But by drinking 1.5 litres of water, throughout the morning, I actually didn't and was more than fine by the time I had a Chocolate Mint shake at 3.30pm. The Fruits of the Forest shake was really nice for first thing in the morning and it felt like I was having a morning smoothie. I will definitely get some more of those tomorrow when I see my Consultant.

To say that my night out was a challenge would be an understatement. With the alcohol flowing and amazing food all around me, it would've been so easy to eat or drink. I REALLY wanted to. Weirdly enough, it wasn't even like I was hungry; I just saw it all in front of me and therefore wanted it. But I'm SO proud to say that I resisted everything and I only had water all night long. This is completely off the point, but having a sober night out made me realise how stupid people act when they're drunk. Lol! To see that in itself made my night.

I could have easily missed my final shake/soup tonight and not have felt hungry. But I got home and had a Chicken and Mushroom soup. I can now go to bed congratulating myself for tonight's victory, knowing that when I have my first weigh in tomorrow, it will be on a basis of six full consecutive days at 100% sole source. Whatever the loss may be, I can be proud of the fact that I did all that I possibly could. :D

GOOD LUCK WITH TOMORROW NIGHT! My first 'going out' challenge is Monday, I am absolutely dreading it (after that it is next Friday). I'm sure the food will be the easiest part to resist- I'm most worried about the alcohol. Food doesn't appeal to me when I'm out anyway, however resisting a vodka soda will be very hard! Have you thought about how you will go about it? Such a challenge!

Thanks hun. I had no plan- I literally had no clue what I was going to do or how I was going to handle it. It was hard. Lol! But I managed it somehow. You will too! Maybe try sparkling water while you're out?

How was your first meeting with your Consultant- was s/he as good as they were made out to be? And how have your first few days been? X

Back