Step 1 Sole Source Cambridge Weight Plan- Weight Loss Diary 2014

Thanks hun. I had no plan- I literally had no clue what I was going to do or how I was going to handle it. It was hard. Lol! But I managed it somehow. You will too! Maybe try sparkling water while you're out?

How was your first meeting with your Consultant- was s/he as good as they were made out to be? And how have your first few days been? X

Sparking water is my plan! You've inspired me that you managed to not have any food/alcohol!!! Really hope my willpower will stay put and I can do it. My meeting was GREAT, thanks for asking. She was so professional/lovely, also had been doing it for a long time and so very knowledgeable. She even had pictures of all the people she had helped on the diet and their weight loss transformations, including her own. I really feel like now you have resisted all the things on that night out, all other challenges will look easy in comparison, especially as this was at such an early point in your diet- really well done!

Sparking water is my plan! You've inspired me that you managed to not have any food/alcohol!!! Really hope my willpower will stay put and I can do it. My meeting was GREAT, thanks for asking. She was so professional/lovely, also had been doing it for a long time and so very knowledgeable. She even had pictures of all the people she had helped on the diet and their weight loss transformations, including her own. I really feel like now you have resisted all the things on that night out, all other challenges will look easy in comparison, especially as this was at such an early point in your diet- really well done!

Lol! Aww, thank you. I think that because this is such a long journey, you have to grant yourself the little victories and so I accept this to be one of mine. :) You can definitely do it Harriet! Just keep reminding yourself of why you're doing this in the first place and that you want to achieve your goals sooner rather than later! So glad that your Consultant is great- it's making such a difference for me personally! X

Day Seven: Sole Source: 11/1/14

I went to see my Consultant this morning, to pick up the second weeks worth of Cambridge products and of course, to have a weigh in. My weight has dropped from 85.2 kg to 81.9 kg. This is equivalent to dropping from 187 pounds to 180 pounds! After worrying all week about how my TOTM would affect the weight loss and how my body would respond to a new diet, I am beyond ecstatic with a seven pound loss in six days! :D

I picked up a few new flavours in addition to the ones previously tried including mango, chocolate, chocolate orange and cappuccino in the shakes, as well as the vegetable soup. So, I'm looking forward to the variation that week two will bring.

I can't believe that I'm at the end of day seven at 100% Sole Source. Or that one week out of eleven on Sole Source is now behind me. As bizarre as it sounds, I'm looking forward to the coming week. I'm ready for it! :) X

I went to see my Consultant this morning, to pick up the second weeks worth of Cambridge products and of course, to have a weigh in. My weight has dropped from 85.2 kg to 81.9 kg. This is equivalent to dropping from 187 pounds to 180 pounds! After worrying all week about how my TOTM would affect the weight loss and how my body would respond to a new diet, I am beyond ecstatic with a seven pound loss in six days! :D

I picked up a few new flavours in addition to the ones previously tried including mango, chocolate, chocolate orange and cappuccino in the shakes, as well as the vegetable soup. So, I'm looking forward to the variation that week two will bring.

I can't believe that I'm at the end of day seven at 100% Sole Source. Or that one week out of eleven on Sole Source is now behind me. As bizarre as it sounds, I'm looking forward to the coming week. I'm ready for it! :) X

AMAZING WEIGHT LOSS- WELL DONE!!! Keep up the great work!

That's awesome.. keep up the great work :wow: You'll be your ideal weight in no time.

Hows it going guys? Hope everyones doing well! Im on day 4 now, finally getting over the headaches! :( doing well btu my mates just sat and ate a takeaway and i think i couldve strangled him for a slice of the pizza! Didnt touch it though! Mind over matter!:) Hope its going well for you all :)

Hows it going guys? Hope everyones doing well! Im on day 4 now, finally getting over the headaches! :( doing well btu my mates just sat and ate a takeaway and i think i couldve strangled him for a slice of the pizza! Didnt touch it though! Mind over matter!:) Hope its going well for you all :)

Hey! You'll be in Ketosis before you know it. :) I was tempted by pizza on Friday as well. Lol! Well done for resisting. It'll be worth it when you see your weight loss on the scales in a few days! I'm now on day ten- It's going really fast this week and is definitely getting easier. Keep at it! X

GOOD LUCK WITH TOMORROW NIGHT! My first 'going out' challenge is Monday, I am absolutely dreading it (after that it is next Friday). I'm sure the food will be the easiest part to resist- I'm most worried about the alcohol. Food doesn't appeal to me when I'm out anyway, however resisting a vodka soda will be very hard! Have you thought about how you will go about it? Such a challenge!

How was it?! X

Hello!
This is the first time I have ever posted on a blog but reading all of your inspirational messages it has encouraged me to sign up to this website & join in with you all! Can I just say that your intro message is so similar to my situation, I have hidden myself from my friends & certain social situations too; as the last time they saw me I was significantly lighter! I am lucky to have a supportive husband who loves me at whatever size BUT it would be amazing to feel (and look!) like my old self again! I am so determined to do this! I went to see my CD consultant last night & today have started the diet! 2 shakes down & 1 soup to eat shortly. So far so good. Surprisingly, they taste good!! I hope this attitude & positivity that I have carries on when things get tough & tedious! If i'm struggling with it this forum (as well as my lovely consultant) will be my place to come to for support & encouragement!

I am 27, 5ft 2", currently 12st 1lb & want to shift 2.5 stone....Lets do this!! :)

Hello! This is the first time I have ever posted on a blog but reading all of your inspirational messages it has encouraged me to sign up to this website & join in with you all! Can I just say that your intro message is so similar to my situation, I have hidden myself from my friends & certain social situations too; as the last time they saw me I was significantly lighter! I am lucky to have a supportive husband who loves me at whatever size BUT it would be amazing to feel (and look!) like my old self again! I am so determined to do this! I went to see my CD consultant last night & today have started the diet! 2 shakes down & 1 soup to eat shortly. So far so good. Surprisingly, they taste good!! I hope this attitude & positivity that I have carries on when things get tough & tedious! If i'm struggling with it this forum (as well as my lovely consultant) will be my place to come to for support & encouragement! I am 27, 5ft 2", currently 12st 1lb & want to shift 2.5 stone....Lets do this!! :)

Welcome gjr0809! :D I completely understand about hiding away; I've done it for long enough! It seems we're also in the same boat, in respect of having loving partners but still wanting to feel our best! So, it's going to be great to see each other's progress in this journey and to encourage each other along the way! How have your first few days been? Hopefully the worst of it is behind you? X

Thank you for your reply CDROME, & yes it will be great to see each others progress & support eac other along the way too! I'm only day 3 in to the diet, yesterday I found a little hard, I was feeline quite hungry. Today has been much easier, I hope it carries on. I just keeping that it's not forever & hope to be at my target (or close to it) after 10 weeks of doing this diet. On the great scheme of things it's not a huge amount if time so I think I just keep reminding myself of that. I would rather stick to it & do it first time around than give in & have to start again later down the line! Determination & will power are a must on this diet.

How far into the diet are you? How are your weight loss goals coming along? My weigh in day are Mondays so I will let you know how I get on after the first weigh in next week! x

Thank you for your reply CDROME, & yes it will be great to see each others progress & support eac other along the way too! I'm only day 3 in to the diet, yesterday I found a little hard, I was feeline quite hungry. Today has been much easier, I hope it carries on. I just keeping that it's not forever & hope to be at my target (or close to it) after 10 weeks of doing this diet. On the great scheme of things it's not a huge amount if time so I think I just keep reminding myself of that. I would rather stick to it & do it first time around than give in & have to start again later down the line! Determination & will power are a must on this diet. How far into the diet are you? How are your weight loss goals coming along? My weigh in day are Mondays so I will let you know how I get on after the first weigh in next week! x

Hey! Day three was probably the hardest for me as well. But it did get easier and I hope it did for you too. :) I'm now on day 14, so I'll be starting my third week tomorrow. I began at a weight of 85.2kg and I'm aiming to get down to 60kg. I think that'd be a nice size for me, as I'm 5'5 but I will judge it as I get nearer to the goal. Best of luck for Monday! It feels like such an accomplishment to get to the end of the week and to see the results so I'm very excited for you! X

Day Fourteen: Sole Source: 18/1/14

Today marks the end of week two and my second weigh in. This week has definitely been easier than the first. I no longer had hunger pains and other than feeling extremely cold at one point, I was generally a lot more energetic.

A difficulty faced, one day this week, was controlling my mind to stop thinking about food that I wished to eat. I just couldn't move past it and spent hours desperately wanting to eat, despite my body telling me it wasn't hungry. Once I was able to block those thoughts out, my day flowed a lot easier. The other challenge was going to the cinema and not being able to order the nachos or sweet popcorn which I would otherwise have happily consumed! It would have been so easy to cheat on either of these occasions but I'm proud to say that I have managed to get to the end of week two at 100% Sole Source.

Today's weigh in showed that my weight has reduced from 81.9kg to 80.4kg. This is equivalent to 180 pounds reducing to 177 pounds and I've therefore lost three pounds this week. I was a little disheartened, as I was hoping for a five or six pound loss. But when I remind myself that it's a 5kg / 10 pound loss in two weeks, it helps me to focus on the positive.

I purposely didn't exercise in the first two weeks of this diet, as I wanted to see what the diet alone could achieve. Given that the first week is predominately water weight being shed, I feel that I've been able to see a truer indication in the second week. Now, as I enter week three and I can feel my body adjusting to this diet, I aim to incorporate daily walking for 30 minutes, to begin with. I'm hoping this will not only aid the weight loss but also help to keep me toned.

To keep the 'food' side of things varied, I'm trying out one bar a day, this week, in addition to a soup and shake. I never thought I'd be so excited to chew something! :D Roll on week three! X

Day Fourteen: Sole Source: 18/1/14

Today marks the end of week two and my second weigh in. This week has definitely been easier than the first. I no longer had hunger pains and other than feeling extremely cold at one point, I was generally a lot more energetic.

A difficulty faced, one day this week, was controlling my mind to stop thinking about food that I wished to eat. I just couldn't move past it and spent hours desperately wanting to eat, despite my body telling me it wasn't hungry. Once I was able to block those thoughts out, my day flowed a lot easier. The other challenge was going to the cinema and not being able to order the nachos or sweet popcorn which I would otherwise have happily consumed! It would have been so easy to cheat on either of these occasions but I'm proud to say that I have managed to get to the end of week two at 100% Sole Source.

Today's weigh in showed that my weight has reduced from 81.9kg to 80.4kg. This is equivalent to 180 pounds reducing to 177 pounds and I've therefore lost three pounds this week. I was a little disheartened, as I was hoping for a five or six pound loss. But when I remind myself that it's a 5kg / 10 pound loss in two weeks, it helps me to focus on the positive.

I purposely didn't exercise in the first two weeks of this diet, as I wanted to see what the diet alone could achieve. Given that the first week is predominately water weight being shed, I feel that I've been able to see a truer indication in the second week. Now, as I enter week three and I can feel my body adjusting to this diet, I aim to incorporate daily walking for 30 minutes, to begin with. I'm hoping this will not only aid the weight loss but also help to keep me toned.

To keep the 'food' side of things varied, I'm trying out one bar a day, this week, in addition to a soup and shake. I never thought I'd be so excited to chew something! :D Roll on week three! X

Im having the same issue at the minute! My weigh ins got mixed up so todays day 12 and ive had my second weigh in, (first was day 5 :/) but in 12 days ive lost a full stone! Extremely motivated now but all i can think about is how good a chinese or pizza would be! I keep trying to vvisualise the amount of fat, sugar salt etc in them to put me off! Its been so tempting to give in when im in work and everyones sat around with KFC etc! Today i swapped soups for bars! The though of having another one of them soups was making me wretch so i thought id try something new! Keep trying to visualise going shopping for clothes on my birthday in march and actually being able to buy (and feel comfortable) from topman, RI, selfridges etc! Todays given me a massive boost! 1st in 12 days! I couldnt believe it but now ive just got to keep going! Ive started doing small weights at the gym to tone up too! I dread the thought of being slim but with excess skin all over the show! Id rather be big! Hahaa! Hope all is well with everyone and your all going strong! Mind over matter! :)

Im having the same issue at the minute! My weigh ins got mixed up so todays day 12 and ive had my second weigh in, (first was day 5 :/) but in 12 days ive lost a full stone! Extremely motivated now but all i can think about is how good a chinese or pizza would be! I keep trying to vvisualise the amount of fat, sugar salt etc in them to put me off! Its been so tempting to give in when im in work and everyones sat around with KFC etc! Today i swapped soups for bars! The though of having another one of them soups was making me wretch so i thought id try something new! Keep trying to visualise going shopping for clothes on my birthday in march and actually being able to buy (and feel comfortable) from topman, RI, selfridges etc! Todays given me a massive boost! 1st in 12 days! I couldnt believe it but now ive just got to keep going! Ive started doing small weights at the gym to tone up too! I dread the thought of being slim but with excess skin all over the show! Id rather be big! Hahaa! Hope all is well with everyone and your all going strong! Mind over matter! :)

Fantastic loss! Hope the diet is getting easier for you now that you're in the swing of things. I know exactly what you mean about tempting food- that part is a constant battle for me! But I'm on my fourth week and going strong! :)

This post is a little late, as I had my third weigh in on Saturday but I lost 1.2kg / 2.5pounds so that brings my current weight to 79.2kg / 174 pounds. That's a total loss of 6kg / 12.5 pounds in three weeks! Yay me! Hope everyone is doing well. :D X

Day Twenty-Eight: Sole Source: 1/2/14

Today marks the end of week four and my fourth weigh in; I have reduced from 79.2 kg to 77.5 kg / 174 pounds to 170 pounds which is a 1.7 kg / 4 pound loss. This puts my loss at a total of 7.7 kg! I'm ecstatic with the results and it will no doubt provide the fuel to help me power through week five. I was also measured today; I've lost at least three inches from everywhere! My BMI has also dropped from 31 to 28.8. :D This takes me out of the obese range and into the overweight range. A normal range is hopefully not far off!

From most of the posts and blogs I have read, I have seen that constipation is a common problem. Unfortunately, for me, the products are having the opposite effect. So the fourth week was tougher than usual, as my diet consisted of the bars (to which I don't seem to be reacting) and lactose free shakes in only two flavours. It got very boring, very fast and I craved something savoury for the most part of the week. Keeping the temptation of eating at bay became a great deal harder. But days like today and results like this week's, make the struggle so worth it! I'm so proud of my performance over the last four weeks and of the fact that I've not cheated. I can only hope that I am able to continue in this way for the remainder of this diet.

For week five, I've had to strike a balance between products I'm reacting to and those to which I'm not. I don't think I could've managed much longer on the minimal lactose free products available. So for the coming week, I have ten bars rather than the seven I usually get, a mix of shakes, soups and I will also be trying the Maple and Pecan Porridge for the first time. Hopefully the variation helps me to get through the week with relative ease. :) X

Last edited:
Day Thirty Five: Sole Source: 8/2/14

I cannot believe I'm at the end of week five! This week flew by! The mental cravings were definitely not as bad as they have been over the last few weeks. Due to all the cravings in earlier weeks, I did toy with the idea of doing Sole Source Plus, for one week in week six, before returning to Sole Source for weeks seven to twelve. I thought by doing this, it'd boost my weight loss and the access to a little bit of food for a week would keep me going in the long run, for the remaining six weeks. But by the time I got to the end of the week, I felt on top form and the cravings were so minimal, that I didn't feel as though I needed Sole Source Plus after all! I plan to continue on Sole Source and reassess the need for Sole Source Plus, in two or three weeks time.

I was consistent with exercise this week and walked every day from between 30-50 minutes. From week six, I hope to incorporate some toning exercises, a few times a week, for arms, legs and abs, in addition to the walking.

As last week's weight loss was a great 1.7 kg, I prepared myself to expect a lower figure this week. A personal target this week was to lose 1.5 kg as this would officially put me into the 11 stones. It would also place me at a weight which I've not managed to surpass, through previous diet and exercise attempts, since weighing in at my heaviest; I've successfully managed to get from the 13 stones into the low 12 stones numerous times in the past, but never stuck at it and ended up regaining all the weight. So since the start of this diet, I have felt like if I can pass that barrier and get into the 11 stones, then I can go all the way.

Although I hoped for a 1.5 kg loss, I didn't think I could achieve it what with last week's great number. I was expecting 1.2 kg at the most and less than 1 kg at the least. So you can imagine my surprise and elation at losing another 1.7 kg! This converts to 3.7 pounds and takes me from 77.5 kg / 170.8 pounds to 75.8 kg / 167.1 pounds! I know I still have 15 kg to lose and probably will not achieve this within the 12 week Sole Source period, but a loss of almost 10 kg / 20 pounds in five weeks is such an achievement for me. I feel like I'm finally turning my life around and approaching happier times. :)

Back