Cambridgedieters.com Pink Forum

No complaints at all about this site - as per comment just finding my way around. Not the most computer literate so just trying to suss out all the applications and become familiar with different people - am sure frags and anyone else from the pink site is glad to have opportunity to post on here..

Yvonne
x

Well i think its great here, just got to get used to it.lol

Remember you can subscribe to threads and will get notifications when posts are made.

When coming onto Minis click on the New Posts button first line of the dark blue section above and all new posts come up not just CD you can then choose what you read.

I think the reason why people get a little confused is because its a huge site and busy all the time due to its popularity.

Thanks for that Linda - that makes things a bit easier - gosh it's like a whole new world... just located all the smilies now - v good

Yvonne
x

i just miss the cambridge site. i think it's about what you are used to. i have to repeat the people are lovely, there's great advice and the smilies are fab but as said before.... it's what you're used to and it is different when you change over. i've used this site a few times before when CDF has not gone down for info/advice and ice mousse and others on here are great with their knowledge etc.

i don't think that frags was being rude, i think that it was just a general comment of missing the CDF, could have been written differently but again it's what you've grown used to!

what i don't get on this forum is the mood thing, the rep thing? this is new and confusing! plus the most annoying thing is that i can't change my ticker. i can't click on it and it's still not doing it. i can click on others but not mine!

i don't think that frags was being rude, i think that it was just a general comment of missing the CDF, could have been written differently but again it's what you've grown used to!

It wasn't what she said about missing the pink site. We can cope with that...it's been said and over again:rolleyes: But, put the shoe on the other foot.

If minimins was down and people flocked over to the pink site and did very many messages about how they miss minimins and the pink site 'was just not the same' and they couldn't work out how to get half the forum to work...and why aren't the getting emails for subscribed threads etc etc. Pink site people would soon tire of it. About 5 minutes of it and there would be loads of complaints.;)

what i don't get on this forum is the mood thing, the rep thing?
There's been loads of replies about this. You can do a search, or you can ignore it for the time being. Most of the additions on here are just extras that you can use if you want, or ignore if you don't want.
plus the most annoying thing is that i can't change my ticker. i can't click on it and it's still not doing it. i can click on others but not mine!
No idea why you are having trouble with your ticker. If you plan to stay, I'm sure someone will help you there.

I do understand that it's hard when you move over to another forum. I flit between the two so am used to both. I know people appreciate being able to use this site when the forum goes down. I'm sure other do too, otherwise they would go elsewhere or not look for support anywhere.

as a new member and as i got jump for having an opinion so i will fight my corner!!!!
(thanks great things for being the only one to understand)
i was really annoyed that my comment was taken the way it has! surely it could have just been removed and a friendly pm could have been sent by mod? instead of starting a mexican flag of comments to me?:mad:?:mad: isnt that what moderating is? thats what i do on another site!
i didnt know this site was a persional run site by 2 people i thought it was similar as CD but obviously on a much bigger scale!!
i wont bother coming back and will continue my CD without the support as i feel i got jumped on and this sort of thing makes me want to reach out for a mars bar or something so i doubt its worth that do you?
i cant help it if i had opinion and i say things out im not the type to sit and not say things. maybe i said it wrong but hey now ive been hung drawn and quartered and as a newbie wont be given another chance so il be on my way....

see you all on the other side!

C'mon guys we're all in the same boat here!

I don't think anyone meant to cause offence with comments - it's getting blown out of proportion!

We are all here for the same reason - support on our CD journey. Not to discuss the ins and outs of the way the forums are run!

I also use both forums and like them both! Both sets of people are lovely and surely it's the people and the advice given that's important here?

Let's all kiss and make up :D

If we all had the same opinions life would very boring, but we all have one thing in common on here and that we all need to help and support each other.

If the post had simply been removed, it would have smacked of censorship, which would have generated more complaints. Surely as a mod you could see this. As for fighting your corner, perhaps if you worded it a bit better rather than "pathetic", perhaps "distracting" or "confusing" it may have been a bit better received. Pathetic sounds a little aggressive and dismissive of the board. And I think to chuck your toys out of the pram and huff away is cutting your nose off to spite your face. You will still get support here, so I really don't see what the problem is, and you'll get the support of many "pink" people and the advantage of new people. More brains more experience.

Personally, I think the stickies are a a good thing, as much as I love the pink site, the raft of newbies (and I was one, and did exactly the same thing!) coming on and asking the same questions over and over (not individually but en masse), and then having to type a reply over and over could wear a bit thin for some people, and some posts could be ignored. Hence link to a sticky or link to a "Heres what you need to know" section is a good place to start. Obviously new peeps will have questions

For the record I am a member of both sites, although I tend to use the pink more for posting, and tend to lurk a bit more here.

So hello to everyone!

Kumbayah time now?
th_connie_24.gif
Feel free to join us :D

I think that all the sticky threads are annoying. I run in a massive resolution and generally I can always see all the new threads in a forum so to have to scroll down is a little bit of time I don't usually spend.

I think you've jumped on frags to quickly because of her opinion, I fully agree with her. You say that you do it all for your members.. not all. Take the critism with a pinch of salt and instead of instantly thinking its wrong have a think about it. We're not the only two who think that it could be done differently.

My suggestion for the stickies would be this: one sticky pointing to a sub forum of stickies of information. When somethings cluttered up it gets ignored, especially by people who already know how a forum works they'll just skip all the stickies and they want to get down to the real time stuff.

what i don't get on this forum is the mood thing, the rep thing? this is new and confusing! plus the most annoying thing is that i can't change my ticker. i can't click on it and it's still not doing it. i can click on others but not mine!

This might help explain things http://www.minimins.com/introductions/46674-minis-guided-tour-minimins.html

If theres a problem with your ticker though thats not a Minimins fault, its with ticker factory. You might have to re do your ticker :(

surely it could have just been removed and a friendly pm could have been sent by mod? instead of starting a mexican flag of comments to me?:mad:?:mad: isnt that what moderating is? thats what i do on another site!!

Thats definltely not how things are done on Minimins. We'd be accused of censorship and all sorts doing that. A post is only removed or edited if its in breach of the rules, etc, not just because we dont agree with it.

Im sure youll love Minimins and everything the forum has to offer if you stick around.

As KD said, Mini & Pierce do an incredible job here running the site :)

:wave_cry:I'm here:D

Taken me a while to work it out that it's nothing personal and the whole forum is down. Damn I so wanted to be a norty girl as well:eek:

OK update I'm now 4st, 2lbs lighter and people are only just noticing!!!!! Problem is I carried the weight so well that no one will believe that I could possibly not only have lost that much but still have another 4+ stones to go!

They would if they could see what my scales say though:eek:

Back