Can someone please tell me if this is ok?

Spotty Teapot

This is what I ate today, just want to check that I'm getting it ok ish:

breakfast: bowl of strawberries/melon/blueberries, topped with muller light.

lunch: 2 slices wholemeal bread (hexB) and spaghetti hoops

tea: large salad (1/3 of the plate) , boiled eggs and wafer thin roast chicken (all free)

snack : starwberries, blueberries, muller light

syns: mini toffee crisp - 5 syns
2 cups of highlights hot chocolate (with hexA) - 2 syns each
sugar free jelly - 1/2 syn = 9 1/2 syns total.

Is this ok? it looks okish to me except for lunch, I should have had some sald or some fruit with it?

Thanks ever so much for your help! I don't want to be doing it wrong. :D

Forgot to say this was an EE day.

hey that looks fine to me, only thing i would say is did you snack some of the fruit around lunch? Just to get some s and ss foods in there!

Hi :D

No, I didn't have any of the fruit around lunch I had it later on in the evening, but I should have had some at lunch, I need to work on that -I'm finding the 1/3 thing quite hard.

I've been having blueberries cos I thought they were SS foods, silly me! LOL

Looks fine to me. A bit more veg/fruit with lunch and that'd be textbook. :)

God no! You look to be eating lots less than me, but I am a starvo!

This is what I ate today, just want to check that I'm getting it ok ish:

breakfast: bowl of strawberries/melon/blueberries, topped with muller light.

lunch: 2 slices wholemeal bread (hexB) and spaghetti hoops

tea: large salad (1/3 of the plate) , boiled eggs and wafer thin roast chicken (all free)

snack : starwberries, blueberries, muller light

syns: mini toffee crisp - 5 syns
2 cups of highlights hot chocolate (with hexA) - 2 syns each
sugar free jelly - 1/2 syn = 9 1/2 syns total.

Is this ok? it looks okish to me except for lunch, I should have had some sald or some fruit with it?

Thanks ever so much for your help! I don't want to be doing it wrong. :D

Forgot to say this was an EE day.

Hiya :D

I'm gonna have to disagree and say that imo you haven't followed the plan correctly.

It wasn't until you got to the bottom and pointed out you were on EE day that I knew it!

My SWC has always said (and the books seem to back this up) that to have an EE day then at least TWO of your THREE meals need to be EE (that is to say, 1/3 original/green/superfree).

Unless I have misread your food diary for the day then your brekky had no green, red OR original (mine doesn't either as I have Weetabix religiously lol). This is fine so long as your lunch AND dinner then follow the EE rules.

But your lunch seems to have only a green element.

And your tea only a red element.

IMO you need to incorporate an element of green/red/superfree into your lunch AND dinner to properly follow the plan.

Strictly speaking the superfree should be 1/3 as you did at dinner, but I 'cheat' slightly and have fruit with lunches if there isn't 1/3 superfree in it. Technically it ought to be part of the meal itself on the plate as it helps with portion sizes, but you have to be able to fit the plan into your life eh? lol

I would also recommend using more of your syns, though what you have used is fine. I tend to aim nearer the 15 syn mark every day if I can. From experience I tend to lose more weight this way, though we all lose differently.

Just wanna add that I love what you've used your syns on! Mini toffee crisp ... mmmmmm

It took me a while to get comfy on EE having been on green (happily) for several months but once I had gotten my head around it I have found it to be absolutely brilliant. Hope you find the same, good luck :D

Laddiesboy said:
My SWC has always said (and the books seem to back this up) that to have an EE day then at least TWO of your THREE meals need to be EE (that is to say, 1/3 original/green/superfree).

Thanks for this, my SWC hadn't told me this, I'm going to have to re-read the books! X

HPSaucy said:
Thanks for this, my SWC hadn't told me this, I'm going to have to re-read the books! X

Is this true? My books don't seem to say this? Just that to do EE all meals must be a 1/3 superfree.. I'm panicking now as quite a few of my meals don't have meat in them, I only do EE so I only have to focus on getting the 1/3 superfree so it seemed more flexible.. But if this is true it seems I haven't been following the plan..

Befanwi said:
Is this true? My books don't seem to say this? Just that to do EE all meals must be a 1/3 superfree.. I'm panicking now as quite a few of my meals don't have meat in them, I only do EE so I only have to focus on getting the 1/3 superfree so it seemed more flexible.. But if this is true it seems I haven't been following the plan..

That's exactly what I thought, I dont remember reading that but books are downstairs, I'll ask my SWC tomorrow too.. Quite worrying as I thought I'd stuck to it 100% but now I might not have done x

HPSaucy said:
That's exactly what I thought, I dont remember reading that but books are downstairs, I'll ask my SWC tomorrow too.. Quite worrying as I thought I'd stuck to it 100% but now I might not have done x

I've just read my EE book and it only mentions the 1/3, but they're about a year old now and stopped going to class a while back so don't know if the info might have changed?

Thanks for your post Laddies, although it has worried me a bit!

I was under the impression that as long as 1/3 of the plate was comprised of superfree foods you had liberty to make the rest up from free food and syns, be it vegetable or meat.

I did forget that I had some wafer thin turkey with lunch, so that would have been the red, but as you say no green.

For breakfast I had fruit with the mullerlight, would that not count as green? and again at tea I had a lot of salad, would that not count as green?

I'm not going to class but I have read and reread the books, but I honestly didn't see what you say (I don't mean that disrespectfully, sorry) so will go back and reread.

What would you do if you were a vegetarian on EE though? you would be unable to fulfill the red element of the plate?

I am confused!.

Last edited:

Sorry to disagree Laddiesboy but according to the book and my C you don't have to combine red and green in your meals. Any combination (or just one or the other) is acceptable as long as a third of your plate is superfree.

So Spottyteapot - you did it right, though could have done with some superfree at lunchtime.

Last edited:
Sorry to disagree Laddiesboy but according to the book and my C you don't have to combine red and green in your meals. Any combination (or just one or the other) is acceptable as long as a third of your plate is superfree.

So Spottyteapot - you did it right, though could have done with some superfree at lunchtime.

I agree with this

My consultant never mentioned this and nor do my books, which are brand new as I only rejoined a few weeks ago. In fact they barely mention red and green foods at all, as all the focus seems to be on the EE plan, so brand new members probably wouldn't even be aware which foods were free on red and which on green. As a pescie I mostly do green, but sometimes do EE so I can have fish for tea. If this were true I'd have to have fish for nearly every meal!

I joined last week and I find it all mightily confusing tbh.

I think the layout of information on the pages in the book is too messy - too much stuff going on in the page and the really useful information is hidden.

I know they seem to be pushing EE but I'm going to try to stick with either Green or Red - i think I understand those days!!

Lx

I also think you are doing fine, apart from the lunch superfree element which you knew about anyway.

Don't agree with the red and green foods, as long as you have a third superfree then the other 2/3rds can be anything. As someone said in another thread, a lot of new members wouldn't know red or green foods. I've not heard my consultant say it either and some of the recipes in the magazine are what we would call red or green recipes and they are listed as EE!!

Anyway, I digress, it looks fine.

One more thing - you don't have to eat speed and superspeed (s & ss) foods as someone else said, they do help, but they are not essential :)

Oooooh I do hope you're doing it right as that is not dissimilar to my average day though I do cheat and have fruit as my 1/3 superfree at lunch alot as unless I have salad or soup I find it hard to fit my 1/3 into the actually plated meal ;)

Sorry to disagree Laddiesboy but according to the book and my C you don't have to combine red and green in your meals. Any combination (or just one or the other) is acceptable as long as a third of your plate is superfree

Think it might be worth contacting HQ about this trend of Consultants telling people that they HAVE to have 1/3 green, 1/3 red and 1/3 Super Free - it can be very misleading and completely undermines the "easiness" of Extra Easy!! If that was the case then how would a vegetarian manage EE? Or someone who had trouble with carbs? Its such a shame that so many new people are getting confused and put off as it really is such an amazing plan.

Back